Statue Uruk-Hai General Helm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

Got the Helm in last week and was finally able to open it and I like it!
Sure it is plastic but sitting along with the other helms you can not tell, it fits in with the rest, just next release cut the cost as with the plastic vs metal, Weta you cut the cost now share the cuts!

i don't collect the helms but this one is pretty sweet. the red on the crest really makes it pop. it does not look plastic at all.

I wonder why they decided not to use metal but charge double :dunno

Just got the news letter. Weta had some helms left...just scored one. :hi5:

This one is made of plastic??

I have the entire line of SSW helms (incl WiKi crown) but missed out on this one. Very surprised that it's not metal.

As a completist, I will get it. But still, boo-hiss.

Beren

Yeah, but you can't tell from looking at it. It's every bit as nice as the rest of the line.

Yeah, but you can't tell from looking at it. It's every bit as nice as the rest of the line.

Yeah but as a collector, I could go "Hey check out this helm, feel the weight, it's real metal!"

And people would get this look of surprise and admiration. No, I'm not kidding. Also, BECAUSE they are metal, that was the one thing they are allowed to touch. :)

Beren

I understand. It's an issue for some but from a overall quality aspect there is no drop off.

I went into a local toy store that still has old stock of the original bust and helm line. I may go buy them out since the prices weren't bad with shipping being what it is. I opened most up and yeah, the metal is nice for sure. So looks alone don't matter but that weight...it is surprising they could offer them for 25 dollars back then. I guess this is what a decade of commodity price inflation will do to you.

I went into a local toy store that still has old stock of the original bust and helm line. I may go buy them out since the prices weren't bad with shipping being what it is. I opened most up and yeah, the metal is nice for sure. So looks alone don't matter but that weight...it is surprising they could offer them for 25 dollars back then. I guess this is what a decade of commodity price inflation will do to you.

I think this also has to do with anticipated demand. What the market will bear. Back then Weta didn't know what people would be willing to shell out. Or what demand would be. Has cost quadrupled in the last decade? (the suggestion that in metal this helm would have cost $100). Although to be fair, if this helm had come out in 2004, they might have charged $40 for it...

BS.

Beren

Back