Urgent Help Needed On T-800 PF Damage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkchylde80

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well this well and truly sucks ass, I had to sell my T-800 exclusive PF to help pay for damn car repairs.

The item shipped, but arrived damaged both boxes and the gun. Can anyone suggest where I can get a spare box from and a replacement gun, or someone who can repair it for me?

The guy is asking for a £70-£75 refund, and I only sold it to him for £220 inc shipping. I can't afford this at all and need some help before I end up getting taken to the looney bin.

Please help.

Did he request/buy shipping insurance?, if not it's his problem.

not if he sold it on ebay.....the buyer can make a claim and get all of his money back even if he didnt buy insurance....according to ebay its on the seller to get the insurance....

I sent it UPS, so it is covered but making a claim takes a ridiculously long time and I can't see them refunding me £75 just for damage as they won't take into account that a collectible box matters!

Here are some pics

t800boxdamageaspx.jpg

t800boxdamage2aspx.jpg

t800gundamageaspx.jpg

Tell him to take it up with UPS then, coz I assume it was'nt like that when it left you so therefore means the damage occured whilst in the hands of UPS so blame is all theirs. So they are responsible/liable.

As I was reading your post I thought that you had packed it poorly so it broke, clearly that damage is from poor handling of the postal service , its the buyers problem in IMO, it's his & the postal service's problem now!

eBay's policy of f'ing the sellers at all costs aside, it's always on the shipper to deal with the courier about damages during shipping since it is the shipper that paid for the shipment (regardless of who's money it was).

Clearly the item was packed well, because UPS is one of the primary shippers for Sideshow directly, and it is in the original packaging. It shouldn't be a problem to file a damage claim. If you put a declared value on the package, then it is automatically insured for that much.

Being damaged in transit, UPS should pick it up from the recipient free of charge, inspect it for damages, refund you (the shipper) for the cost of shipping and the item, and then you can refund the buyer, and you will have your broken figure back.

At that point you could fix and resell it, or you can consider it a favor from God that you got to keep the money you got out of it and the figure too.

Same thing happened to me with my Ex Jason and Freddy PFs. Both were damaged in shipping. I got my money back, and the figures. I fixed the figures, and resold them again. Very nice.

Even if you put a declared value on the item, unless the additional insurance was purchased (above the $100.00 free insurance) they are not required to cover the declared value of the item. Insurance above $100.00 is optional and available at an additional cost, but not required. Also, the shipper needs to contact the company - in this case UPS.

I would still do as SS said: Contact UPS and have them pick up and inspect the item. FIle a claim with them (can take up to 60-days) and just refund the customer once you have the statue back. Then you will only have UPS to deal with.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>As I was reading your post I thought that you had packed it poorly so it broke, clearly that damage is from poor handling of the postal service , its the buyers problem in IMO, it's his & the postal service's problem now!

It's sad how the courier can just screw your reputation on ebay and your finances so easily.

I sent it UPS, so it is covered but making a claim takes a ridiculously long time and I can't see them refunding me £75 just for damage as they won't take into account that a collectible box matters!

Here are some pics

t800boxdamageaspx.jpg

t800boxdamage2aspx.jpg

t800gundamageaspx.jpg

Im sorry to hear that happened sweetie :monkey2 What exactly is broken on the gun? cos i cant tell in that piccie. If i can help i will gladly fix it for you.

Sorry to hear about your problem but your fist mistake was using UPS and your second mistake was using UPS. I have had so many problems with them that I don't order from anyone if I know they ship by UPS. Hope everything works out

Sorry to hear about your problem but your fist mistake was using UPS and your second mistake was using UPS. I have had so many problems with them that I don't order from anyone if I know they ship by UPS. Hope everything works out

Unfortunately Sideshow ship with UPS to Romania:banghead, and when they don't, they use FedEx. :banghead

Unfortunately Sideshow ship with UPS to Romania:banghead, and when they don't, they use FedEx. :banghead

I get most of my stuff now from my local retailers so I dont have to worry about shipping and they also let me view the items first before I have to pay for them which is handy in-case it arrives to them damaged.

I get most of my stuff now from my local retailers so I dont have to worry about shipping and they also let me view the items first before I have to pay for them which is handy in-case it arrives to them damaged.

Good for you, there are NO local retailers where I live. :eek:

Good for you, there are NO local retailers where I live. :eek:

I'm in the same boat! :(
Nothing to buy locally....nothing at all....and if we had some local retailers, cost would be much higer then getting something on my own..

Shipping costs so much, and then, in the end you receive a broken or damaged item?!

For me it would be easier to ask Dracula to bring some stuff to me since we are neighbors :lol And thus would avoid customs charges too...

For me it would be easier to ask Dracula to bring some stuff to me since we are neighbors :lol And thus would avoid customs charges too...

And I am sure it would get there in better condition than if UPS were to send it. I still have to drive about an hour to get to my retailer so it is not so local but better than not having any which is a bummer for you guys :(

I'm actually confused about the damage to the gun as well... looks fine in the image? And as others have said, if the item was insured then its not up to you to refund; just go through the process and get it resolved.

The insurance would go to the shipper though, he should refund and get his $ back from the insurance. Insurance always pays the shipper.

Back