UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suit would really be out of Tony's fasion though... he doesn't seem like a 70s flare type of guy.

The suit would really be out of Tony's fasion though... he doesn't seem like a 70s flare type of guy.

I don't know. It looks like there's a bit of a flare in these trousers.
The Bruce Lee suit's lapels would be my only concern for a Tony Stark suit.

tony-stark.jpg

Soooo. Is this figure worth it? What do you guys think of it? Regarding clothing, i think i prefer this version instead of the casual one, i get more bang for the buck :p

And also, from what scene in what movie is the smiling head inspired?

Last edited:
Soooo. Is this figure worth it? What do you guys think of it? Regarding clothing, i think i prefer this version instead of the casual one, i get more bang for the buck :p

If it's from a particular scene than Gung Fu is the man to answer this :)

As for whether this figure is worth it... if I had my time over I'd have just picked up the casual version plus a parted out suit - and chair possibly, 'cause I like both of them.

I know Dominishin doesn't have a problem with the fabric they used for this suit, but to me it is reminiscent of a velvet suit. It feels soft to the touch and is sheeny. To me this is just wrong, the suit should have been more coarse.

I've got mine boxed up because I can't make it work in my display just yet. Once I get a better set up and have him on display I am pretty sure I will grow to like this figure a lot more. It's hard to really judge the full extent of a figure's qualities without giving him some extended shelf time :)

We have been over this before, so here is a short summery:

The smiling head and the two outfits does not have anything to do with each other as far as I know - no pictures or film references.

162810_1745630888168_1460645150_1941845_4656980_n.jpg

5326310937_e99b82bfcb.jpg

Originally Arnie Kim made a smiling head from a scene in "The Way of the Dragon" (also called "The Return of the Dragon" in USA) in which Bruce is smiling like this (though the final version differs a bit in my opinion).

WayoftheDragonSmilescene.jpg

But when Hot Toys got Arnie, they decided to release this head sculpt with another hair sculpt and made one figure release with the “casual wear” in which the clothing and accessories are from a photo shoot for an article about Bruce Lee in the Golden Harvest magazine Golden News (more or less to promote him as an employed actor under Golden Harvest), and the "in suit" is partly from two scenes in "Enter the Dragon" - one in which Bruce's character Mr Lee goes to a graveyard to pay respect to his past away mother in the movie, and the other scene is at the briefing meeting with Mr. Braithwaite to talk about his mission to Han's Island. I have also seen Bruce wearing this particular suit in an off screen gathering of some sort with Raymond Chow (the big boss of the Golden Harvest studio) and some actors he had worked with in recent movie: Nora Miao, Unicorn Chan, etc. (who did not have anything to do with "Enter the Dragon").

Sorry for this quick post, but if you look through both this tread and the "casual wear" tread you will find more in depth information and reference pictures
smiley.gif

Also looking to see this suit on a different body. Thinking of grabbing this to use the body with my ETD set and the suit to make a Tony Stark.

Slim TT is actually slightly taller than HT's BL body.... While BL body has a much thicker neck.

BL body is HT's shortest male TT

Last edited:

Suited version = more bang for your buck
Casual version = more funk for your buck

Personally, I think funk wins every time :lecture

Gung Fu, thanks for your answer, it was actually more detailed than i asked :p I read your posts before regarding the clothes, just the head i didn't know where it was from. I'm thinking of buying a suited version for the head and body and dress him like in the pic you showed from Way of the Dragon.

Correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't there also a scene (don't know the movie) where he smiled like that and he wasn't wearing a shirt? :D Like, before a battle or something.

No problem Viezure.

Your question about Bruce Lee smiling like that and without a shirt before a battle or something is hard for me to give you any exact answer to right now, unless you can be more specific. How ever if you remember which movie and which scene then let us know
smiley.gif

Btw, Bruce did smile a few times in "The Way of the Dragon" - and Arnie probably also made use other film sourses and pictures (even non-movie once) to make this smiling head sculpt. How ever the original sculpt had the same hair cut as only seen in "The Way of the Dragon".

Just picked this up today.

Really like HT's Movie Icon boxes: compact, good heft, well designed/constructed, quality all the way.

The scale of the dir. chair isn't that much of a downer. (I'll prolly have P1 pred sitting in it anyways :wink1:)

The suit material is great, hangs naturally and is easily futzed into looking great.

What can be further said about the HS, not much it's great.

I contemplated picking up the Cas. wear over this, and will prob. pick up the spare acces. as an alternative, but VERY happy that I have this in my collection of figs and esp. BL figs.

This one was on sale in my local shop so I couldn't resist and just bought him :)

img2875e.jpg

(with his big brother )
img2874m.jpg

If you must have all the BL figures in your collection, then get it.

I actually was contemplating getting this figure, but only if the Iron Man Mk.IV headsculpt would fit right onto the body without any modifications. Just in case I get bored of the BL figure, I could have a Stark figure within seconds. :D

Back