Updated Hellboy Kroenen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Swapped his body with one of the Hot Toys bodies. Had to saw off Kroenen's forearms, saw off the forearms on the HT body, and then use Apoxie to meld them back together. I could have drilled the hands to fit the HT pegs... but they didn't want to come off. I think they may be glued since Kroenen didn't come with any extra hands. I didn't want to force them, also I didn't even thing of drilling the hands until someone suggested it.

I think he looks a million times better. Now I just need to wait on the leather boots I have coming for him so I can preserve the ankle articulation. Would be a shame to put the hard plastic boots back on him and loose that.

Some before and afters... my photography has gotten a lot better but you should get the idea.

Before:
collection387.jpg

collection389.jpg

collection393.jpg

collection395.jpg

collection403.jpg

After:
kroenen-new01.jpg

kroenen-new02.jpg

Look, something Sideshow bodies never have... an ass.
kroenen-new03.jpg

kroenen-new04.jpg

That looks fantastic... the issue with that figure is the Buck looks terrible with skin-tight suits. But with the new body he looks like a real person.

So there were no alterations to the costume?

That looks fantastic... the issue with that figure is the Buck looks terrible with skin-tight suits. But with the new body he looks like a real person.

So there were no alterations to the costume?
Nope no alterations, it actually fits the HT body much better than the Buck body. It was always weirdly baggy on the Buck body.

Nope no alterations, it actually fits the HT body much better than the Buck body. It was always weirdly baggy on the Buck body.

I figured as much, but its amazing how well it fits the HT body, almost like it was made for it.

Especially since the original Kroenen body was a good 1/4 or so taller. I figure'd it would bunch up some in places but I guess the added bulk made up for the loss in height.

Looks great!!! :rock :rock I always thought he looked a bit on the anorexic side with the SS body.

I don't know how you can defend the SS body... it's not good at all.

Huge improvement! Let's hope that with the HT/Sideshow team-up we won't see Buck bodies much longer.

Very nice!! Makes me want to get a Kroenen and do the same thing. That body really helps to sell that figure. Before, the Buck made him look like a sickly guy or a drag queen. :lol

Now I just wish Triad Toys' male 1.0 wetsuit had a inegral hood. I think it would look a lot better and be more film accurate.

Back