Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must have missed the whole controversy. Why are they a sore subject? I've always wanted to have one.

Essentially 10 or so years ago there was a large custom run of suits... but part way through the maker skipped out and took a lot of people's money with him. Examples of his work still show up on eBay from time to time and sell for over $1k.

His work was quite nice; especially for the time. But I'd love to see an updated version and I imagine you would do an amazing job :rock

OH. I think I remember hearing about this now. I did a search for those suits and I think the accessories are done real well - backpack etc. But the base suit is a little bulky looking. I think the challenge is finding the right material that looks vinyl like but isn't stiff.

kane_nostromo_27.jpg
kane_nostromo_24.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Olbertfrog! :hi5:

I haven't decided for sure on all the parts I'll make available yet. Depends on how much time I have to make the casts.

Definitely:
- Head (not decided if it will be bald Kane so you guys can use the fabric bonnet - or just fully sculpted. Depends on interest)
- Gloves (won't have posts)
- Boots (won't have posts)
- Fabric Suit
- Foam Shin Guards (These are separate from the suit because they're a little complicated to make.

Maybe (depending on interest):
- Gauntlets (2)
- Chest Plates (4)
- Chest Plate Brackets (2). These are the two attachments you see under the Chest Plates
- Fabric Bonnet

...Should have parts in August.
Still stunned- fantastic work. I'm really happy to hear you're going through with production. I have interest in everything, including the great bonnet- but I have Kane AND Dallas to worry about, so getting two of everything might be a bit cost-prohibitive for me- but I want to anyway.

Actually, even August will be too soon for me to afford your fine work, because I am flex-paying for a full set of Avengers figures, a Ironman Mark 1: 2.0, a Iron Monger, and the SS Tuskan Raider.
I am financially obligated to those, so maybe it will take some pressure off of us both if you and I agree to delay our doing business until about December. Is that ok tin?
(make no mistake- I want to be on your list!)

Still stunned- fantastic work. I'm really happy to hear you're going through with production. I have interest in everything, including the great bonnet- but I have Kane AND Dallas to worry about, so getting two of everything might be a bit cost-prohibitive for me- but I want to anyway.

Actually, even August will be too soon for me to afford your fine work, because I am flex-paying for a full set of Avengers figures, a Ironman Mark 1: 2.0, a Iron Monger, and the SS Tuskan Raider.
I am financially obligated to those, so maybe it will take some pressure off of us both if you and I agree to delay our doing business until about December. Is that ok tin?
(make no mistake- I want to be on your list!)

Hey Anthrapoid. It shouldn't be a problem. With my hectic work schedule - parts will likely trickle out a few at a time so it won't be that all the parts will be available in August. They will just start trickling out in August. We can just hold onto any items you want until you're ready. Tin

Tin, it's been awesome watching you create the ultimate Kane figure over these past months.Thanks for sharing the project.:)

Looking forward to the getting my name on the interest thread :yess:

Tin, it's been awesome watching you create the ultimate Kane figure over these past months.Thanks for sharing the project.:)

Looking forward to the getting my name on the interest thread :yess:

Thanks Jmek! :hi5:

You have to tell me how you did the weathering on the gear, i love that blue/grey/white.

Will do obertfrog. I'll probably create a Kane How-To thread after I get you guys the parts. It will include instructions on making mods to the helmet, backpack, and winch. I'll include weathering suggestions and other tips I've discovered while making my own Kane.

Will do obertfrog. I'll probably create a Kane How-To thread after I get you guys the parts. It will include instructions on making mods to the helmet, backpack, and winch. I'll include weathering suggestions and other tips I've discovered while making my own Kane.

That would be awesome!!!!
Thanks man can't wait!

i just gave dallas to my dog for a chew toy...............thanks tinister............:wink1:

Kane with his final weathered chest plates. I used wires to rig the plates so that I can still move them independently to give it that non-uniform look of the move version. And I can bend the rig so that it can curve to conform to Kane's pose. Also note that Kane finally has a name plate. After trying both water transfer decal paper and hi-res printing and not being happy with the results; I ended up doing it the hard way - hand painted it on a sliver of clear vinyl. I painted one side red and the other side yellow. Then used an X-acto blade to scrape the yellow side - leaving only the lettering and symbol on the right. Came out much better than the printed stuff. I also ran out of dull coat so the chest plate looks a little too shiny in these pics. Will look better once I apply a thin layer of dull coat.

kane_nostromo_31.jpg
kane_nostromo_34.jpg

Last edited:
I used this image of Dallas with his helmet off and bonnet on as a rough measure for how big Kane's head should be in relation to the suited body. The padded suits gave all the actors a stumpy almost child-like body when they had the helmets off.

kane_nostromo_32.jpg
kane_nostromo_30b.jpg
kane_nostromo_33.jpg

Last edited:
Back