Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Kane with the painted chest plates. From the front - you can see how the modified shoulder armor changes the profile. His shoulders don't look so over-powering.

kane_nostromo_40.jpg
kane_nostromo_41.jpg
kane_nostromo_42.jpg

Last edited:
Here's Kane's new WIP flashlight. You can see it at the foot of Kane in the previous photos - for size reference.

kane_nostromo_43.jpg

Been swamped with projects for my day job. Super stressful. So I haven't had much time for Kane. :mad:

Here is the most current version of Kane's flashlight.

In the movie you only see the flashlight in silhouette so I kept the basic form. Boxy large lamp with shutters around it - with a boxy body and a flat arching handle. I just sculpted on some details so that it matches the look of other Nostromo equipment like the backpack.
kane_nostromo_44.jpg

I made a the handle detachable so that I can lift the top hatch to replace the batteries (the handle actually locks the hatch closed). I used a tiny piece of scrap blue plastic to make little tiny display screen on the top.
kane_nostromo_45.jpg

Besides the working lamp - I like the look of this flashlight much better since it looks like equipment from the Nostromo. I'll paint and weather it to match the backpack when I get a chance to scrape to clean up the sculpting a bit. It will also attach to the backpack via the same wire that I made for the earlier versions.
kane_nostromo_46.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Tin, the flashlight looks great. It matches what I see in the film perfectly, and the improvised details really fit well. Let us know when the interest thread is up, but have a great m-day first!

The final cleaned up and painted flashlight. All of the gear in the movie has a very used and almost salvaged look. I tried to paint the flashlight to look like it has gone through years of use, refurbishes, etc.

kane_nostromo_50.jpg

Some shots of Kane with the final flashlight. Kan's gloves also have gone through some revision. Mainly the connecting sleeve between the glove and the hem of the suit sleeves. I made them out of thin construction foam to look more like the movie suit.

kane_nostromo_51.jpg
kane_nostromo_52.jpg
kane_nostromo_53.jpg

Last edited:
Chiming in a bit late but wow, that is just magnificent. Congratulations on a superb project.

Are you still working on this tired custom?

:D

Kidding -- you know I would kill for this thing! Excellent work on the flashlight! It's the little details that make this figure so insane. That pic above, the first one, looks totally like a real guy -- the posture, the weathering, the lights inside the helmet and the way it hits the face, everything. Jusr INSANE, dude!!!

What can i say....

Hey Tin, the flashlight looks great. It matches what I see in the film perfectly, and the improvised details really fit well. Let us know when the interest thread is up, but have a great m-day first!

Chiming in a bit late but wow, that is just magnificent. Congratulations on a superb project.

Are you still working on this tired custom?

:D

Kidding -- you know I would kill for this thing! Excellent work on the flashlight! It's the little details that make this figure so insane. That pic above, the first one, looks totally like a real guy -- the posture, the weathering, the lights inside the helmet and the way it hits the face, everything. Jusr INSANE, dude!!!

Thanks guys!. :hi5: I should have the interested link up for him very soon. Been swamped with work work lately.

I also took a commission on a figure that I need to start on and try to finish before August. Excited about it. Another dream figure I've always wanted to make so now I'm getting funded to make it finally.

Will start a thread for that figure once I get far along enough on it to have something to show.

Really impressive work on the functional flashlight! Exceptional.

Can't wait to see what the new project is gonna be.

Back