Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just incredible! Congrats on a great job; I'm really digging all the wear and it just looks fantastic. Would be awesome next to my 18" alien!

Yeah guess the guy is just busy as the heads were planned for the end of august, definately interested in a head and maybe conversion kit depending on prices?
ANy updates?

Seeing what a perfectionist the artist is, he's probably taking his time on each piece and each suit. That's a good thing.

As an artist myself, I always make the same mistake again and again: The prototype gives me thrills with each new addition, but I fail to anticipate that the repetition of a production-run will give me a huge headache.

Hey guys. I'm alive an kicking. Anthrapoid - I just replied to your PM 2 minutes ago.

I haven't been on SSF in ages. Life and work - blah blah blah.

In the meantime - I've decided that I will only work on full custom figure commissions. I've discovered in the past year that with my work schedule - I can only work on maybe 1 custom figure a year. And from that figure - I can produce maybe 5 full duplicates for sale at the most.

I simply don't have the time to produce and manage the logistics of producing duplicates to single parts of a figure.

My obsession with details doesn't help either. So I've decided to put out fewer figures and sell them to die hard buyers.

I'm currently working on a fully custom Dredd 3D figure. Two duplicates of which are already spoken for. I know that there are a couple custom Dredds produced by other members already - but mine is 99% custom. I'm making the suit (out of lambskin hide and suede) and pretty much fabricating every part as close to screen as possible. I will post pics soon.

Then after that - I have a duplicate of my THX1138 Officer to finish for a buyer.

Then I will loop back around and offer two full duplicates of Nostromo Kane.

So that is my update in a nutshell. Thanks for all the complements on Kane - and I will try to be on here more often. Tin

Then after that - I have a duplicate of my THX1138 Officer to finish for a buyer.

Then I will loop back around and offer two full duplicates of Nostromo Kane.

So that is my update in a nutshell. Thanks for all the complements on Kane - and I will try to be on here more often. Tin

Wow, I'm so interested in this, if possible.

Glad to see yu back tinister :)
Sad to hear that you wont be selling parts for the kane upgrade.
Still interested by it since you are planning on making two full custom figures. Dunno if i CAN afford that but let me know the price range :)
Btw the dredd customs are all called for? How much?
Thanks for sharing with us your art :)

It would be so easy to pour a bunch of resin head sculpts and parts to sell to those of us who have followed this thread from the start. I understand time constraints would limit your ability to sell entire fabric suits, but... untouched resin parts? It's a shame.

Anthrapoid - if I had all the time in the world; I would have everything I've ever made duplicated and available for sale. But that's not the perfect world I live in. Maybe you are independently wealthy and so time is not an issue for you.

But since you seem to think that I've been just sitting on my hands in the past year - here's a little update for you on what I've been up to so that you can maybe understand why there aren't any Kane parts available.

Earlier this year my fiancee was diagnosed with breast cancer. And the medical cost of treatment has been a bear to keep up with. Hence you will notice that I've been selling off pretty much my entire figure collection. And I'm still doing so just so that we don't dig too deep of a hole for ourselves. And it is not just the financial burden - I've also had to sideline everything to be a support system for her since she has no family in the states. I had to take leave of my work and have postponed the Dredd project for months. There's not one freak on that Dredd thread that has offered anything but their full support as I'm going though this. But to you it's a "shame" that I don't make casts of Kane parts for you?

You really should reconsider your outlook mate.

BTW: For those of you interested. I will be offering up my Nostromo Kane prototype soon. It's the very one you see on this thread. I'm not sure if it will be offered on eBay or on here.

It is the only one I ever made, so it means a lot to me. But I need to raise some more money for Alicia. Stay tuned for details.

Tin

I'd take Kane to eBay, but promote the hell out of it going up for sale. I could see it selling for some ridiculous money which may help ease some of the strain you guys are under.

Thanks guys for your words of support. The good news is that Alicia only has some follow-up procedures this month. She ended radiation treatment, and hopefully we will find out at the end of this month that she is truly in the clear - and chemo is not necessary. We want to avoid chemo if possible.

So there is light at the end of the tunnel. Now it is just a matter to slowly filling in the financial hole we've been forced to dig in the past months. I've had to rely a lot on my friends and family. I'm really anxious to get back into a routine that resembles more of my normal life again.

I'll probably offer Kane here to see what kind of offers I get. Then move to eBay if I don't get any good offers.

Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks as always.
Tin

Sorry to hear about your troubles tin. If you give folks enough time to really know what you're selling I bet you will get a small mint for it. Such an amazing piece.

Tinister, good to hear, that all bad coming better! And it will be better offer figure here(For sale section or Custom), because there is many hard core collectors and here you will not pay fee to eBay...

Back