Updated 7/26 Added new custom display hutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Updated 1/23 Jax Teller SoA, Joel Last of Us, S4 Daryl Walking Dead WIP

Lookin great man. Awesome job on Daryl's jacket. What did you do to weather the denim? Lot of pieces in here I want! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a watered down black dye to start because the denim is made of a very soft absorbent cotton so without it being watered down, it will suck up too much dye very easily. Then I squeezed it out and dryed with with a hair dryer which made it look a little worn in texture. Then I used pastel powders, mostly black and brown and rubbed it into the jacket with a medium dense haired brush which because of the material, it holds it really well so it looks like its worn and dirty. If you want me to do yours for you and paint the buttons silver as well, shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

Gotcha, and thanks for the offer but I'm sure I could handle. Already painted the buttons. Yours is looking real good, I plan to bash 3zeros with mine. You plan to do the same?

No, I have the new long haired S4 WGP Daryl head that Im hoping to have done this weekend. The clothes on mine are looking great, much better looking in hand then those photos, I dont know how much better ThreeZero can get to be honest so Ill probably stick to what I have. I may do the ThreeZero Merle though. If anything at least for the little Merle.

Yea I don't blame you. Your Merle looks way better than theirs. All I really want is maybe Daryl's vest and knife. And the poncho lol

New Daryl head almost done :)

Re: Updated 1/26 Jax Teller SoA, Joel Last of Us, S4 Daryl Walking Dead FINISHED

S4 Daryl is done! Ive been working on him all week! Ive been really motivated to finish it, let me know what you think :)

Re: Updated 1/26 Jax Teller SoA, Joel Last of Us, S4 Daryl Walking Dead FINISHED

Wow he looks amazing! Fantastic job, love the paintjob! Crossbow is really gnna top it off! And nice job modding the vest, a nitpick I still have with mine...

What is the issue you are having on your vest? Anything I can help with or give advice on? I will say that the Corrose decal is not the easiest to work with, it does not help that he is very unresponsive when I asked for instructions on it. Now Im on the fence with should I keep both a S1/2 Daryl and a S3/4 Daryl or just keep 1 of them lol. I have 2 amazing WGP S1/2 Daryl heads, 1 painted by Elvis and 1 by Steven Guinta. I touched up both of them a little bit too so they look amazing. The Guinta one had paint chips in it when I got it :/ but its all fixed up now :)

Well the vest that I have is just too thick and wide. I only like to have 1 version of the character in my collection, but that's me. I think both of your Daryl's look phenomenal and they're painted by 2 of the best. Steve painted my daryl. I didn't really like the new WGP daryl head, but your paint up changed my mind but I'll just stick with my head. Might switch it for 3zero's head

Thanks :) If 3zeros is anything like their Merle head then no thank you. Ill need to get rid of at least 1 set, I have a total of 3 Daryl's now that ive checked all my parts.

Np lol and there's pics of the daryl head already. Looks like 2 different versions but they look pretty good. Better than Merle atleast, but not as realistic as WGPs. I wouldn't say totally cartoonish, but lacks some realistic details. From my trial and error parts while making daryl, I could build a 2nd one, just lacking a head and crossbow lol

I have a head and crossbow available ;)

I have a head and crossbow available ;)

Lol nah, but thanks anyway. Remember I only want 1 version of every character...

Re: Updated 12/15 Walking Dead, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Predator, Aliens, Docta Jones!

Your Daryl S4 looks awesome!!! I'm currently doing mine. I hope it turns out as great as yours!!

Thanks bud! Once my s4 crossbow comes in then ill put the rest of the accessories on like his knife and quiver.

Back