UPDATE! FINAL Custom/Kitbash Michael Jackson Thriller Werecat!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATE! WIP Custom/Kitbash Michael Jackson Thriller Werecat!!!

Incredible!!!!!

Thanks sir!! :hi5:

Really turned out great Kuz, top notch thriller Michael you have there :rock

Thank you very much master Ski!! :bow

Dude that is badass!!! I'd like to hear the story of how it came together.

It's a long story... :lol
here it goes!!

Back in 2008 when HT announced the Billie Jean Michael Jackson
I thought a Thriller Werecat would be awesome!
I started looking for parts, and an existing HS,
I found a resin kit sold long ago, made by Mike Hill,produced by 5th sense. Had to mod it, cut it and make compatible with a TT. Zeek72 helped me out cutting the head from the body, as he has the right tools for it.
The pants are Dragon, from the A2 flight jacket. Body, socks, shoes and feet are HT.
Then the hard part was the Jacket, I commissioned it to A.J. Clothiers
and it turned out great!!
The "M" patch was commissioned to The Patch Hut, they do amazing stuff!!
The display base is from HT's Predator, the log from SS Yoda, and the tombstones I found @ Big Lot's during Halloween.

I had to mod the head and hands, add some Epoxy clay, sand it, drill it, cut it and do a whole lot of little things to make it work.
Then painted it with acrylics, gave it a coat of gloss to make him look as close as possible to the real thing.
And finally, the fun part was adding the Faux Fur, it takes a lot of time and patience, but it makes it look badass!!

As I mentioned earlier, I still had to trim it, use some hairspray, and add the whiskers!
I'll finish it tonight!! :rock!

Wow man that came out amazing man bravo :clap

It looks just like him / holy crap i am impressed :panic:

Thanks dude!
:hi5:

Man, you already know that I am completely blown away by this! This has got to be one of the coolest customs EVER. Now, I just gotta make one myself, so I may be bugging you for some tips :wave

Congrats on this one, it is just incredible.

Check the story above!!
:wave

That is pretty awesome man! Really great job on him :rock

WOW! YOU DID SUCH A GREAT JOB ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D FILM ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D MJ WOULD BE PROUD! :D How long in the making was this figure? Are you thinking of making more of these?

Thanks for letting all of us see him! :D

Later Kuzeh

Nick

This is just sick!
Man, Hot Toys should've added something like this :(

AMAZING!

Nice work, man. Pretty unmistakable. That would look great on the shelf next to the HT Thriller MJ.

You did an awesome job on it. Glad I got to see it in person. I definitely voted for it at the Xpo...

Great job! The faux fir is a nice touch.

WOW! YOU DID SUCH A GREAT JOB ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D FILM ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D MJ WOULD BE PROUD! :D How long in the making was this figure? Are you thinking of making more of these?

Thanks for letting all of us see him! :D

Later Kuzeh

Nick

Thanks my friend!! I really appreciate your feedback!!

Nice job, man! :clap
:yess:

This is just sick!
Man, Hot Toys should've added something like this :(

AMAZING!
Thank you sir!!!

Nice work, man. Pretty unmistakable. That would look great on the shelf next to the HT Thriller MJ.
I should have pics of them displayed together shortly!!

You did an awesome job on it. Glad I got to see it in person. I definitely voted for it at the Xpo...
Thank you my friend!!!
It was great seeing you!

Really great Job Kuzeh. I saw it at the 1/6 expo and it was really Dam fine Job

Thanks dude!!

Great job! The faux fir is a nice touch.
Thanks a lot dude!!!

I'll be updating this post with Pics from people took @ the expo!
Here's one from the guys @ Twisted Plastic
https://twistedplastic.com/cgi-bin/evgallery.cgi?xpo2011=1

xpo2011111.jpg

This turned out amazing! Well done! I love the sculpt with the fur, and the jacket really ties everything together. My only criticism is the base might be a little too cluttered, but the gravestones rock.

This turned out amazing! Well done! I love the sculpt with the fur, and the jacket really ties everything together. My only criticism is the base might be a little too cluttered, but the gravestones rock.

Thanks dude!!
Appreciate the feedback!

I'm using the HT Predator base, and it has a little puddle in the middle, but made it look more like he pissed himself :lol!
So I decided to uses SS Yoda log, as a nod to when he knocks down a trunk on the video, and just for kicks added the severed leg from a SS The Dead figure.

This looked incredible at the show...you can tell by how many people snapped photos of it :bow

Custom of the year right here :rock

Woah, thanks dude, I'm humbled by this comment...
there's way more talented people out there doing impressive work.
Still, I love how my project looks, and I am really proud of what I managed to do with it! :wave

This looked incredible at the show...you can tell by how many people snapped photos of it :bow

Thanks sir, :duff
I did get a lot of compliments on it, it sure was a lot of fun to work on,
but VERY demanding! :lol

Back