Up in price

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which ones do you think will go up in price?

• Total voters
hmmmm
I don't think so. By that time, high end collectibles might be passe'
Remember when hockey and big cards were worth big money, now try cashing those suckers in. You will be lucky to find a buyer..Autographed Jersey's are the new "in" thing.

Not necessarily true for all high end collectibles. Golden and silver age comics maintain their value and key issues never go down in value. In the 20+ years Ive collected Ive only seen these books consistently go up. Even with the bad economy the last few years, record breaking prices are being realized for all key marvel silver age comics not to mention the recent Action 1 and detective 27 sales.

Is there any good site where we can get idea of which items are going up/ coming down in value on the secondary market? What is their current value, etc.. I know there is one with AH comiquettes, MOTUC, etc..but nothing else.

How come Destroyer Thor hans't sold well? There were only 200 produced shouldn't that make it harder to find?

Sadly, Bowen numbers have been falling for some time. The fan base doesn't appear to be anything like it once was... Low edition runs are more likely an indication of who is still left interested in the company's product. It seems to have no bearing on secondary market values.

TMNT - cartoony? :lol I'm more impressed with my new Donatello than any other piece in my Sideshow collection thus far, except for maybe PZ. Perhaps Donny will be eclipsed by the impending Aliens maquette for me. But as of right now, he's tops. And we're already seeing prices for the exclusive at well into the high 300's. That's double already.

I see this as well. I don't think TMNT collectibles of this caliber have ever been made so I feel they are all gonna sell out and go for insane prices in a year or so.

As long as there are people who love movies and comics, there'll be a market for collectibles. However, I don't think most of these will go up ridiculously high unless they decide to make only one version of each character. The market is glutted with multiple interpretations.

Not necessarily true for all high end collectibles. Golden and silver age comics maintain their value and key issues never go down in value. In the 20+ years Ive collected Ive only seen these books consistently go up. Even with the bad economy the last few years, record breaking prices are being realized for all key marvel silver age comics not to mention the recent Action 1 and detective 27 sales.

I respectfully disagree. Comic prices have been plunging for the past 5-10 years, and only the truly rare, crown jewel issues go for big bucks anymore. The problem is that both and Marvel and DC have turned towards trade paperbacks in recent years, reprinting all those old, hard-to-find classic issues in collected editions that sell for a fraction of the price of the issues themselves.

Unless you're talking about a first appearance issue or something equally collector-worthy, pretty much every single comic has seen its value drop by half or more in recent years. People would much rather spend $50 to get the entire first 4-year run of Amazing Spider-Man comics than spend hundreds or thousands on each individual issue.

If my experience means anything, I've had one heck of a hard time selling my comics (without feeling like I'm just giving them away). I posted the entire JMS run on Spidey on eBay at an arguably low price. My opening bid was below cover price too. I had one watcher, that's it, and no bids, ultimately.

You'd think the entire run in NM, which might be hard to find these days, would attarct at least one Spidey fan, but nope. I've posted other runs too. Same result. Unless I'm selling a CGC 9.4 of Spiderman #14, I'm not getting anything close to book value, whcih basically suggests "book values" are a load of hooey.

:D

If my experience means anything, I've had one heck of a hard time selling my comics (without feeling like I'm just giving them away). I posted the entire JMS run on Spidey on eBay at an arguably low price. My opening bid was below cover price too. I had one watcher, that's it, and no bids, ultimately.

You'd think the entire run in NM, which might be hard to find these days, would attarct at least one Spidey fan, but nope. I've posted other runs too. Same result. Unless I'm selling a CGC 9.4 of Spiderman #14, I'm not getting anything close to book value, whcih basically suggests "book values" are a load of hooey.

:D

I hear ya on the comic books collectors market. only excellent golden and silver age really command some sick bucks. although some statues do go up and will go up. I would love to get the first PF of Hellboy from the movie but 1) the asking price is way high for my wallet, and 2) the actual sell price of some that have started with no reserve have been too high for my wallet.

Back