Untitled 25th James Bond film (April 8th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can indeed do what they want, but there is something you can do about it, and you mentioned it summarily after stating there’s nothing anyone can do about it: simply don’t go. Use the money instead to take your family out to a nice dinner, and spend the day you would have otherwise gone to see the film waxing your car or something. If the film tanks, that message will be heard loud and clear.

Never forget that you don’t need Hollywood, but they need you.

And the other bedbug crawls out of the woodwork :lol

You two really are touchy.

W1AelIG.gif

Carry on Harley. Carry on.

I would like someone to explain this to me: Scarlett Johansson is cast in Ghost in the Shell and to play a transgender actress and there's outrage. A black woman is cast to play a role traditionally played by a white male and there's outrage. Only one of the outraged groups is considered racist.

To further respond to your question, it’s because what you described is what you get when one attaches themselves to identity politics. When you do so and any kind of power is up for grabs (social power in this case as far as Hollywood is concerned in trying to out “woke” each other), the temptation to use identity politics as a weapon and orchestrate outrage campaigns is high, because it generally works. However, the problem is they are fortunately by and large difficult to find today as compared to 50 years ago, so consequently, the woke crowd begins to cannibalize themselves and accuse and turn on each other in their never ending search for outrage campaigns; to the point where principles and rules become opaque. (ScarJo can’t portray a trans male because she’s not actually trans despite her simply acting a part, but an African American actress can portray a traditionally caucasian role because she’s simply acting a part?) It becomes nothing but pure virtue-signaling and pandering to specific groups in an effort to try and prove how “woke” you are by claiming to be sensitive to these groups’ plight in order to gain more social power among your peers.

Not taking the bait on this one. The bottom line is Bond is still Bond. he's retired and another agent is now designated as 007. My gut feeling is she won't make it to the end of the film. I'll wait to see how it plays out. :gun

Catching up on this thread...

A quote from my son's friend after we saw it: "If you're a fan of nipples and techno music, this is your movie". :lol

The best part of that viewing was the guy in the row in front of us. He would reflexively flinch and scream every time a vicious blow would land in one of the countless fights. Normally that would be annoying, but his reactions were so ridiculously absurd I think we laughed harder during this movie than at any comedy I can remember.

Techno Music.............Techno Music?

New Wave! :gah:

A movie that I also find uncharacteristically hilarious is the Day After Tomorrow, saw it on cable again recently.

Not taking the bait on this one. The bottom line is Bond is still Bond. he's retired and another agent is now designated as 007. My gut feeling is she won't make it to the end of the film. I'll wait to see how it plays out. :gun

And perhaps also testing the waters to see how people would react. No coincidence IMO that this leaked.

Techno Music.............Techno Music?

New Wave! :gah:

A movie that I also find uncharacteristically hilarious is the Day After Tomorrow, saw it on cable again recently.

Well I am a fan of her nipples :lol

As for the music... Film took place in the 80’s and had 80’s music in it. I thought the music fit the film.

Yeah it was 80’s new wave... Not techno.

Oh yeah, that's right. Well he was born in 1990, so it probably sounded like Techno to him. :lol Plus a lot of it was featured during the Berlin club scenes, so I can see how he'd make that association.

Good post Jye. BUT, the difference between what Rambler said and, say, the author of the article JAWS posted, is that I'm quite certain Rambler doesn't seriously want a man playing Wonder Woman. He knows it would be a stupid idea. He's making the point that replacing James Bond in the James Bond franchise - if that's what they're intending to do - is also an inherently stupid idea.

Yes. I was not being serious at all. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of this whole situation.

Waiting for one of my posts to come up in a-dev's epic multiquote:

tenor.gif

lol

LOL. I feel like I've made it now.

Back