Untitled 25th James Bond film (April 8th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have zero credibility after misreading those sandbox posts. You're misreading a lot of what's being said in this thread too.

Misreading is fine, so long as you back it up with an argument. But no, you're happy to throw the isms around as though the accusation alone obviates you from having to engage in any way that's constructive or meaningful. 8 posts in this thread and just about every one of them provocative and hostile.

:exactly:

Speak for yourself. I want a version of the Notebook where I can imagine the hottest chick on the planet building me a ****ing house.

:lol

I’m all for this as I’m hoping this is finally the push we need to get a man to play Wonder Woman.

I get where you’re coming from believe me but I think what they’re trying to point out is that males have been at the forefront of cinema for so many decades that your Leia, Marion Ravenwood, Sarah Connor, Ripley, Furiosa and the Bride stick out like sore thumbs instead of them just being one of the many strong female leads just like Indy is just one of the many thousands of male leads.

I think having a male WW would just be spiteful is what i’m saying.

Good post Jye. BUT, the difference between what Rambler said and, say, the author of the article JAWS posted, is that I'm quite certain Rambler doesn't seriously want a man playing Wonder Woman. He knows it would be a stupid idea. He's making the point that replacing James Bond in the James Bond franchise - if that's what they're intending to do - is also an inherently stupid idea.

:lecture

I'm so used to seeing those words around here used sarcastically - it's Kara's running joke. :lol

Well if they’re going to do it they’re going to do it with existing big brands like your Bond.

It’s news because it’s Bond.

They want it to make noise for marketing reasons.

Atomic Blonde is not a brand never was and never will be no one will care if a man takes on the role of Atomic Blonde lol

Bond is the perfect brand to mess with to get people talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, to 'start a conversation'. Trouble is these conversations are entirely useless when the only contribution from one side is moral grandstanding, throwing the 'ists' and the 'isms' at anyone who isn't wholly on board with the change and then putting their fingers in their ears.

So it's not a conversation at all. It's just baiting and provocation and I don't think it's helping anything. As said by

This is my point exactly. This stupid move does nothing for the positive shift in thinking that is happening in Hollywood finally in regards to diversity and inclusivity in terms of ethnicity, sex and body variety.

All it does is cause inane backlash. It seems cheap and unfortunate that the broccoli family would resort to a tactic like this after firmly and respectfully stating time again in respect to the source material Bond is to only be portrayed as a white male.

I will follow up and specify my thoughts are purely coming from the perspective that this woman will indeed take over the mantle. That’s is just blasphemous.

If she’s a plot device in this particular film before the franchise be rebooted with a Richard madden type than I’m all for it. I think it’s cool and not because it’s a black Woman as 007 but that someone else, black, white, man woman etc is 007 and not Bond and that makes for an interesting premise! and if she’s good casting for that particular role than that’s great, but it shouldn’t be simply because she is black and female either. This is what we call positive discrimination.

''Positive shift in thinking that is happening in Hollywood finally in regards to diversity and inclusivity''. Hah! Nice try man. We know you're a racist, sexist pig.

Last edited:
I get where you’re coming from believe me but I think what they’re trying to point out is that males have been at the forefront of cinema for so many decades that your Leia, Marion Ravenwood, Sarah Connor, Ripley, Furiosa and the Bride stick out like sore thumbs instead of them just being one of the many strong female leads just like Indy is just one of the many thousands of male leads.

I think having a male WW would just be spiteful is what i’m saying.

Look at the end of the day Hollywood doesn’t do these things unless they think there will be a return on their investment so they’re obviously sitting on collected data that is saying give a black female the 007 title at this moment in time but if they get Ghostbusters levels of money loss you can quickly say goodbye to a black female 007.

It seems to me that people don’t like the original female characters that are being made. They won’t see the new original girl lead film. We had quite a few but people seem to want to change established characters now to get people talking.

So unless your from a long running franchise your out of luck

:exactly:

Good post Jye. BUT, the difference between what Rambler said and, say, the author of the article JAWS posted, is that I'm quite certain Rambler doesn't seriously want a man playing Wonder Woman. He knows it would be a stupid idea. He's making the point that replacing James Bond in the James Bond franchise - if that's what they're intending to do - is also an inherently stupid idea.

:lecture

I'm so used to seeing those words around here used sarcastically - it's Kara's running joke. :lol

Yes, to 'start a conversation'. Trouble is these conversations are entirely useless when the only contribution from one side is moral grandstanding, throwing the 'ists' and the 'isms' at anyone who isn't wholly on board with the change and then putting their fingers in their ears.

So it's not a conversation at all. It's just baiting and provocation and I don't think it's helping anything. As said by

''Positive shift in thinking that is happening in Hollywood finally in regards to diversity and inclusivity''. Hah! Nice try man. We know you're a racist, sexist pig.

Waiting for one of my posts to come up in a-dev's epic multiquote:

tenor.gif

lol

It seems to me that people don’t like the original female characters that are being made. They won’t see the new original girl lead film. We had quite a few but people seem to want to change established characters now to get people talking.

So unless your from a long running franchise your out of luck

Whether a female-led movie is successful or not is largely - entirely? - down to storytelling. "Salt" was really cool, "Lucy" was a lot of fun, "Atomic Blonde" was ok but stylish and "Red Sparrow" was an utter disaster.

Bond isn't great storytelling. It's an escapist male fantasy with narrative beats that haven't changed since Dr. No. After all this new black-chick-as-007 has died down, my bet is we'll be left with an entirely familiar Bond film that dangled the diversity carrot pre-release to drum up interest and ticket sales.

Diversity advocates celebrating the implied subversion of a male fantasy narrative surely can't imagine this a victory for strong female storytelling - especially when a 51-year old male lead will inevitably be once again sold as the exemplar of machismo and sexual-desirability.

tenor.gif

lol

Changing established characters in this manner is just lazy and dumb plain and simple.

But they got what they wanted the story was trending super big now Bond 25 is no longer about onset injuries, fights and delays.

I hope they make her a slut who gets off on killing....wait we already had Onatop do that crap lol

Last edited:
I hope they make her a slut who gets off on killing....wait we already had Onatop do that crap lol

He was also called out as a misogynist in that same movie. We got an antiquated Bond in a modern world...24 years ago. But according to Hollywood "progress" didn't truly begin until 2015.

tenor.gif

lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

To be rectified presently....

He was also called out as a misogynist in that same movie. We got an antiquated Bond in a modern world...24 years ago. But according to Hollywood "progress" didn't truly begin until 2015.

^Excellent point, I remember the scene, which you referenced in a previous excellent post earlier today :D

I dare Hollywood to make Jane Bond and Indiana Jane. I really do. They don't have the balls. Never have. They speak a good game, but at the end of the day they go where the money is. Always have.

I would be lying if I said i’m not interested in seeing that actress in Bond 25 I kind of dig her looks she reminds me of someone who could hang with Arnold in his Commando Conan days.

Crap I keep forgetting there’s a new SW movie this year I am sooo enjoying my summer pool parties and water park excursions with my wife and her revolving door of brasilian stripper friends lol

Other than my son I have zero male friends man do I suffer at home lol

Back