Unpainted 1:1 Wolf Bio...Time To Paint!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajunsith

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this in the mail raw & unpainted. These are the before pics, more will come as I paint up this Wolf bio. Love this Wolf bio, can't wait to get er done!! :D

DSCI0418.jpg

DSCI0413.jpg

DSCI0412.jpg

DSCI0415.jpg

DSCI0414.jpg

I doubt he would post a recast on here for everyone to see. Ecspecially after being a member for so long. Quite a few wolf bios were made by different people ( I think some guys on the hunters lair made some ) and companys.

I doubt he would post a recast on here for everyone to see. Ecspecially after being a member for so long. Quite a few wolf bios were made by different people ( I think some guys on the hunters lair made some ) and companys.

I dun think he knows that it is a recast. But as far as i know that should be a recast of the ADI one. Think the bio was discussed in the Lair a while back ago.

I dun think he knows that it is a recast. But as far as i know that should be a recast of the ADI one. Think the bio was discussed in the Lair a while back ago.

I was told that this guy on the Lair makes great Wolf bios, so I contacted him & bought 1. Nothing was ever mentioned about this Wolf bio being a recast, but I have no experience with recasted things anyway. I saw a pic,liked it, & bought it. Can someone please explain what's the deal with recasts anyway? Isn't the SSC Wolf bio a recast of the one used in the movie? Isn't the bios in the movie recasted from the original sculpture? Aren't they all recasts? :confused:

I was told that this guy on the Lair makes great Wolf bios, so I contacted him & bought 1. Nothing was ever mentioned about this Wolf bio being a recast, but I have no experience with recasted things anyway. I saw a pic,liked it, & bought it. Can someone please explain what's the deal with recasts anyway? Isn't the SSC Wolf bio a recast of the one used in the movie? Isn't the bios in the movie recasted from the original sculpture? Aren't they all recasts? :confused:

I believe the main grouse has got to do with having the rights to recast something. Most view recasting an item which you did not get the rights with the intent to sell them for profit to be intellectual theft as the people owning the rights to the bio are being deprived of income that should otherwise be theirs.

There is a guy over at the Hunter's Lair (a site for predator costuming) who makes bios (he sculpts them) pretty much from scratch. I remember seeing him working on a wolf bio before SS annouced the licensenced Wolf bio.
He was going to scratch the project once SS annouced their Wolf bio but decided to go foward since he had gotten fo far along. His AVP Elder & and AVP acient bio is beyond words. I, at one time onwed most of them but had to let go due to a financial hardship at the time. The AVP Elder was the one I still regret letting go the most. I bought them raw and did the paintjob myself.
Tom
IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

I believe the main grouse has got to do with having the rights to recast something. Most view recasting an item which you did not get the rights with the intent to sell them for profit to be intellectual theft as the people owning the rights to the bio are being deprived of income that should otherwise be theirs.

I can understand that, but if only so many are made and sold out, how will they make any more profit on that item?? If these items wouldn't be limited, they could make even more profit on their products & satisfy more customers. That's just stupidity on that company's part. I have a Hot Toys Ani-com Scar predator & I know these are very limited. I wish enough were made so everyone who wants one can own one without paying a fortune for it. That would most likely lower the price & value of these & that's fine with me. I don't collect to sell later & price rape someone, I collect because I want these items. These people that buy stuff just to sell it later so they can price rape someone are worst than recasters IMO. Taking advantage of someone else's disadvantage is just wrong. Why cast stones at the buyers?

I've spoken out before about the double standard when it comes to recasting and how people are quick to point the finger and say "Anyone who recasts an item is a scumbag" yet they have absolutely NO problem with people making and selling items based on characters and properties that they didn't create and have no license/rights to.

ANYONE who makes ANYTHING that's for sale involving a character or intellectual property owned by someone else, without consent and a license, is in the wrong. Period.

But people have no problem with what "custom artists" do because "They have talent and put in a lot of work. A recaster doesn't."

Ok..

Guess who put in MORE work? The people who actually CREATED those characters/properties and brought them to life either on-screen or in comic books etc. The people who worked on those franchises to make them successful.

People say recasters take the easy route because "they just steal someone elses work, recast it and then sell it."

Ironic because if you don't have a license or consent to reproduce and sell an item based on a character or franchise that's exactly what you're doing: STEALING. Meaning any artist, no matter how talented, who makes a really great statue, figure, etc. based on pre-existing characters owned by someone else and then sells it without consent and without a license is STILL taking the easy route.

Which do you think would sell more for a custom artist: Something original or something based off of an existing franchise? 100% original figure or a custom Joker? 100% original figure or a custom Michael Myers?

Last time I checked Dark Artist didn't have any license or consent to sell Rorshach figures. But he does. Are you really that naive in thinking that dude is mailing off portions of that moeny to whoever actually owns the rights!? lmao.

Do you think FML gives portions of his profits from Joker heads to WB/DC!? Yeah right..

But no one says ANYTHING about that. Custom artists are revered and loved. While recasters are scorn and hated on. It's laughable.

The only people who should be ^^^^^ing about recasting is the people/ company who OWN the rights to what's being recasted and/or anyone with a license if one of THIER licensed products are being recasted. But, those people should also be ^^^^^ing about custom artists illegally selling stuff too. See how that works? You can't pick and choose. If there was a HUGE crackdown on recasting I guarantee custom stuff for sale would likely be next.

I've spoken out before about the double standard when it comes to recasting and how people are quick to point the finger and say "Anyone who recasts an item is a scumbag" yet they have absolutely NO problem with people making and selling items based on characters and properties that they didn't create and have no license/rights to.

ANYONE who makes ANYTHING that's for sale involving a character or intellectual property owned by someone else, without consent and a license, is in the wrong. Period.

But people have no problem with what "custom artists" do because "They have talent and put in a lot of work. A recaster doesn't."

Ok..

Guess who put in MORE work? The people who actually CREATED those characters/properties and brought them to life either on-screen or in comic books etc. The people who worked on those franchises to make them successful.

People say recasters take the easy route because "they just steal someone elses work, recast it and then sell it."

Ironic because if you don't have a license or consent to reproduce and sell an item based on a character or franchise that's exactly what you're doing: STEALING. Meaning any artist, no matter how talented, who makes a really great statue, figure, etc. based on pre-existing characters owned by someone else and then sells it without consent and without a license is STILL taking the easy route.

Which do you think would sell more for a custom artist: Something original or something based off of an existing franchise? 100% original figure or a custom Joker? 100% original figure or a custom Michael Myers?

Last time I checked Dark Artist didn't have any license or consent to sell Rorshach figures. But he does. Are you really that naive in thinking that dude is mailing off portions of that moeny to whoever actually owns the rights!? lmao.

Do you think FML gives portions of his profits from Joker heads to WB/DC!? Yeah right..

But no one says ANYTHING about that. Custom artists are revered and loved. While recasters are scorn and hated on. It's laughable.

The only people who should be ^^^^^ing about recasting is the people/ company who OWN the rights to what's being recasted and/or anyone with a license if one of THIER licensed products are being recasted. But, those people should also be ^^^^^ing about custom artists illegally selling stuff too. See how that works? You can't pick and choose. If there was a HUGE crackdown on recasting I guarantee custom stuff for sale would likely be next.

Well said.. :lecture

:clap

I can't really say that I have strong feelings on recasting per se, but I don't think you can say that recasting someone's sculpture is the same as making an original figure or sculpture based on someone else's character or design. They may both be wrong from the point of view of copyright, but recasting is a making straight-out copy of an item, not an interpretive work based on an idea. Surely you can see some difference there? And in any case, none of the customizers on this forum get anywhere near the volume necessary to actually cause any kind of financial damage to the copyright holders, but recasting can be potentially be done on a massive scale.

There is a guy over at the Hunter's Lair (a site for predator costuming) who makes bios (he sculpts them) pretty much from scratch. I remember seeing him working on a wolf bio before SS annouced the licensenced Wolf bio.
He was going to scratch the project once SS annouced their Wolf bio but decided to go foward since he had gotten fo far along. His AVP Elder & and AVP acient bio is beyond words. I, at one time onwed most of them but had to let go due to a financial hardship at the time. The AVP Elder was the one I still regret letting go the most. I bought them raw and did the paintjob myself.
Tom
IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

Yup. I believe those were original sculpts. The wolf sculpt that was scratch made looks different from the ADI one. If you compare the one shown above with the ADI bio you'll realise its too identical not to be a recast.

Who did you get it from over there? Was it biohunter76?

Back