Universal's Wolfman Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome news, glad Baker is aboard. His Werewolf work is the best in the biz, I doubt anyone else could do it better. The less CGI the better. No Van Helsing Wolfman for me... :lol

Awesome news, glad Baker is aboard. His Werewolf work is the best in the biz, I doubt anyone else could do it better. The less CGI the better. No Van Helsing Wolfman for me... :lol

Yup, people can rip Burton's Planet of the Apes left and right, but Rick Baker should have won a Oscar that year for his incredible work.

Can't wait for Wolfman.

I didn't know this was going to be a period piece -- fantastic! The Wolf Man is my favorite Univ. monster so I'm jazzed for this one. Normally I hate remakes, but to be honest, the original is kind of a weak film.

Also, I much prefer the design of a "wolfman" over a werewolf. A man-sized wolf is kind of boring. And it warms the cockles of my heart to know that Baker is not using CGI.

Besides, next year it gives me an excuse to wear my wolfman costume again on Halloween:

WolfMan72.jpg

I didn't know this was going to be a period piece -- fantastic! The Wolf Man is my favorite Univ. monster so I'm jazzed for this one. Normally I hate remakes, but to be honest, the original is kind of a weak film.

Also, I much prefer the design of a "wolfman" over a werewolf. A man-sized wolf is kind of boring. And it warms the cockles of my heart to know that Baker is not using CGI.

I totally agree. I read a decent online article about how CGI still cannot produce good fur graphics. It cites Underworld 2 as having a decent CGI transformation but really nothing has come close to Baker's AWiL work. As others have posted, CGI will be used to tweak the transformations but not the character itself. I'm kind of tired paying movie ticket prices to watch a video game!

I reall expect Sideshow to be all over this figure and also hope it helps to usher in new Universal Monster figures, I'm not a diorama fan, I prefer posing options. Without a doubt I will be all over a Sideshow/Hot Toys Wolf Man.

Hopefully we'll see some cool werewolf figures from this film. They always seem to be lacking from horror displays. We have tons of vamps, a dozen Franks, and three werewolves. No American Werewolf in London, the Howling, Underworld, Dog Soldiers hell I would even take one of the lame looking werewolves from Ginger Snaps at this point.

I'm worried this movie will be just "OK". :(

I went back and looked at Joe Johnston's film resume, and while the Rocketeer stands out, the rest are kinda "meh." I'm starting to get that strange, familiar feeling that we might have great effects surrounded by a lukewarm script. :sick

Speaking of Werewolf/Rick Baker related Sideshow merch, I wonder what the odds are of having Sideshow pick up the American Werewolf in London license when this is released?

I would love a 1:6 scale Wolf beast figure.

Speaking of Werewolf/Rick Baker related Sideshow merch, I wonder what the odds are of having Sideshow pick up the American Werewolf in London license when this is released?

I would love a 1:6 scale Wolf beast figure.

or a "meatloaf" Jack bust

I was at Barnes and Noble last night and I saw my first Wolfman 2009 magazine cover. It was to a magaizne called Shiver and it charted the werewolf in films from Werewolf of london all the way to Wolfman `09. Only a few pages so I didn't drop the $9 but it was great to see Baker's Wolfman make up on a glossy magazine cover; can't wait for April!

Apparently at Comic-Con Rick Baker said the director is considering doing full CGI for the werewolf transformations and hasn't opted to use any of the pieces he built for the changes.

FREAKIN' DUNDERHEADS!!

Oh, HELL Yeah!!!

Thank goodness for that much, thanks for the link. This is a definite, no question about it purchase.

Back