Universal's Wolfman Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Wolfman (2010) was not filmed in IMAX! WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Is it a good movie? That's all i really care about... 3d? couldn't care less... Imax? Whatever... smellovision? The tingler? All the same thing...

I'll bet you wish it was B&W and in IMAX too! :lol

Is it a good movie? That's all i really care about... 3d? couldn't care less... Imax? Whatever... smellovision? The tingler? All the same thing...

The Tingler ooo obscure.

Watching that on DVD is a very odd experience.

I just got back. I liked it. No need to worry about the poor reviews. If you're looking to have a good time and you are expecting a decent fusion of old Uni Horror and modern scares, you'll probably like it.

I just got back. I liked it. No need to worry about the poor reviews. If you're looking to have a good time and you are expecting a decent fusion of old Uni Horror and modern scares, you'll probably like it.

Just don't hold it to the original and you will be okay. This film totally ignores a lot of what made the first film so great. Raw, gutteral emotion and the human experience can never be replaced by raw exposed viscera. Too many relationships were ignored that were of major importance to the original...and consequently made it the classic it is.

I liked this movie....I just didn't love it. I love the original Wolfman. This film will be a nice deviation from the norm for me, and hold a space on my dvd shelf, and I will sing the good qualities of it to fellow monster fans. Because it actually has some things going for it. But too much got threw away. Possibly in favor of more gore and special effects, and an extremely distatseful plot twist that takes away from Larry Talbot's moment to shine. Too bad. :angelsmil

I just went in knowing it wouldn't be a scene-for-scene adaptation of the original, and just appreciated it as a new werewolf film, with plenty of nods to the 1941 version.

The Wolfman (2010) was not filmed in IMAX! WTF!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

No movies are ever filmed in IMAX. TDK had select scenes. IMAX cameras a big thing to lug around.....not to mention expensive.

I dont know why you would even have an issue with that....

No, no, no, nein, nein, nein!!!!! The Tingler is in a deliciously cheeeeeesy class all its own, brudda!:naughty:naughty

Indeed it is! I even have my own Tingler prop replica sitting in my home theater "lobby". Classic Vincent Price.

BTW, thanks for the PM. I'm still "digesting" it, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Indeed it is! I even have my own Tingler prop replica sitting in my home theater "lobby". Classic Vincent Price.

BTW, thanks for the PM. I'm still "digesting" it, if you know what I mean.

I getcha:angelsmil. Hey, is the Tingler you mentioned the Ultratumba one? If you run across another one--let me know. I was experiencing financial issues when it was released and then it disappeared.:banghead

It is the Ultratumba version. One thing I never knew before was that there were apparently two different versions of packaging for it. I guess, before they were authorized to use the name and likenesses from the film, they called it the "?ingler". But the one I have has all the licensed names and images on the packaging.

I haven't seen one for sale in a while either, even on eBay. I was really lucky, because I talked my wife into letting me buy two of them, one for her to give to me for Christmas, and one for me to give to my brother.

Sorry everyone for the momentary thread derail. Now, back to The Wolf Man!

No movies are ever filmed in IMAX. TDK had select scenes. IMAX cameras a big thing to lug around.....not to mention expensive.

I dont know why you would even have an issue with that....

What I am trying to say is that Universal could have filmed parts of it in IMAX or made it so this film could be shown in IMAXs. The fact that it cannot sucks IMO. I was hoping to see it on an IMAX screen. :( I only have one IMAX in my area and they only show stuff for kids all of the time.:banghead

Last edited:
Back