Universal Studios Monsters- Diamond Select

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amoktime can't keep promises for their own products... what makes you think they can handle distributing items from other companies?

Looked at these at TRU again yesterday. Just can't get excited about them. I already have the 1/6 sideshow figures. Don't see the need to pay money to downgrade and clutter my collection. meh.

Looked at these at TRU again yesterday. Just can't get excited about them. I already have the 1/6 sideshow figures. Don't see the need to pay money to downgrade and clutter my collection. meh.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Exactly how I felt. These're great for the rabid UM fans and those who missed out on Sideshow's figures but they just don't compare.

Having missed out on the Sideshow 1/6 figures I'm happy with the Creature Select package. The Julie Adams figure is even better than the promo pics and I've been waiting for an affordable Gill-Man figure, so I'm quite happy.

I did see the Sideshow 1/6 Phantom of the Opera figure at that same Haunted House gift shop on Saturday. I'm considering going back for it, I also don't have an Erik figure in my collection.

Got the 3 normal versions from TRU, and boy am I glad I hit this thread-- I would have missed ALL of the exclusives.

Let me be sure I have this straight-
Comic shops should have the "deluxe" Mummy & Creature
Entertainment Earth should have the B&W Wolfman
TRU has B&W Creature and B&W minimates

Is that right?

I think I jumped to the wrong conclusion regarding the B&W Creature. Briefly TRU had an image of a B&W Creature figure on their website. It was listed with the B&W minimates by mistake, but it was a full size figure.

I tried an experiment and turned a color image of the Creature into B&W and it looks exactly the same as the B&W Creature which was posted. I think someone on their website did this and posted it as a place filler image.

I hope I am wrong. But if not, sorry to get hopes up!

I haven't seen a B&W Creature at TRU yet. Has anyone?

I picked up the Creature when they first hit stores and I freaking love it. I went back the other day and got the Mummy. Pretty good, though not as nice as the Creature.

I really wish the Wolfman was better. The Wolfman and Frankenstein are my favorite old school monsters and it's just a shame that I can't get into the Wolfman figure. BTW, I remember seeing a Frankenstein figure in Comic Con pics, anyone know when we are going to see that?

For a fraction of what I would have to pay for the 1/6 figures, these are a nice option.

picked up the mummy with sarcophagus. he is pretty cool looking. the sarcophagus looks good as a backdrop to the sideshow 8'' mummy figure.

I got my Diamond Select Universal Studios Monsters Figures from Amoktime just fine. :D Amoktime are a GREAT company! I have never had any issues with Amoktime.

I have. Even when they make products, they don't stand by them. I bought one of the big Creature figures and it arrived with one arm that looked wonky... big gap between the arm and the shoulder and it just looked funny.

I emailed them about it multiple times and they never responded.

I have. Even when they make products, they don't stand by them. I bought one of the big Creature figures and it arrived with one arm that looked wonky... big gap between the arm and the shoulder and it just looked funny.

I emailed them about it multiple times and they never responded.

That does not sound like Amoktime.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Exactly how I felt. These're great for the rabid UM fans and those who missed out on Sideshow's figures but they just don't compare.

I gotta say, I missed out on sideshow's figures and i have been waiting for someone to make a good line of these for a long time but i'm not a huge fan of articulation points, shiny looking plastic or fabric clothes on action figures. So even though I missed out on the old sideshow series, the only one i really want is red death phantom, that's the only one that i can't resist. The rest of the UM in my movie maniacs and cult classics collection will come from Diamond.

I love these figures, they're well made and look great. The sarcophagus is unbelieveable! I love this series so much that i'm buying the exclusive, the deluxe & the TRU versions, cuz they're all a lil different but because they're so cheap I feel like i'm ripping diamond off! haha keep em comin diamond!!! Frankenstein & his bride look amazing, I can't wait!!!

PS - don't mean to offend anyone, if i had been around to buy sideshow's UMs years ago, i'd probably feel different... if they were in my collection now... but they're not & these are great... thanks diamond!

& it is nice to have both mummies if you are thinking about it, it's nice to display one in the open sarcophagus & that boris is asleep, the tru mummy has his eyes open & is in attack mode! love em! & that black & white wolfman is freakin smokin!! I wouldn't put that off if you want it. :)

Last edited:
FYI- You can get the Diamond Select Creature w/ Kay on Amazon.com (via Redford Films) for $16.92.

Back