Universal Studios Monsters- Diamond Select

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor_B

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone else picked these up? The nearest TRU in Chattanooga had the exclusive The Mummy, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Wolfman on Friday. I went back yesterday and all the Creature figures were gone, and all that remained was one Mummy and two Wolfman figures. I picked up The Wolfman since it does not have a Diamond Select exclusive version, and he has always been a personal favorite.

They all turned out nicely. The paint apps and sculpts are good--I wish the creature had more shading in the torso area--and the TRU exclusives were $12.99 which was lower that I was expecting.

I am holding out to get the exclusive version of The Mummy (w/ sarcophagus) and possibly some of B&W variants.

Anyone else have the exclusive Mummy? Any photos? I will try to take a couple of The Wolfman later today.

I saw these myself at TRU. I passed on them for now. Since I have the 8" figures from Sideshow. I still like the looks of the Sideshow better.

I attached images of the TRU versions packaged, and the two Diamond Select versions. (Images courtesy of BloodyDisgusting.)
The hair color on the TRU Mummy I saw in store seemed to work better with the overall coloring of the face. In general, the paint apps look better in-person than in these photos.

I forgot that the TRU Creature had a different color scheme than the Diamond Select version. Now I wish I had grabbed the TRU version when I had the chance--the coloring is less cartoony.

Can't wait to get the Select Mummy. It will be my budget version of a PF Mummy style set-up.

Here are the B&W versions of The Wolfman and The Creature. The former is an Entertainment Earth exclusive, and the latter must be coming through TRU since I found it on their website. It is incorrectly used as the image for Universal Monsters mini-mates.

FYI- All three of the TRU exclusives are In-Stock online for $12.99, if you don't mind paying extra for shipping. Unless you spend $100 and get free shipping.

Those are sweet!
nod.gif

I have all the 8" Sideshow figures (a never sell part of my collection) and for the most part I would heartily agree. I think the Select Mummy will give the Sideshow 8" Mummy figure a run for the money.

Overall these are good for a mass produced figure (easily the best since Sideshow's line), and worth the money. I am hoping we get to see Series 2 and beyond!

I saw these myself at TRU. I passed on them for now. Since I have the 8" figures from Sideshow. I still like the looks of the Sideshow better.

They look even better in person, I got the Wolfman from my local TRU last week. I ordered The Select Mummy and Creature from Panik's Toy Box.com..anyone ever ordered from them before?..Reliable?

Currently Panik has them at the cheapest prices i've seen online, when you add in $6.95 shipping. They also have a 10% off Coupon Code fb1010. Altogether I got Mummy and Creature from them for $39 shipped!

The TRU versions are $12.99--not a bad price at all. The Diamond Select versions of The Mummy and The Creature are selling online for between $17.99 - $19.99. The Mummy would be worth it--not sure about The Creature.

Wow. Those don't look half bad. What were they priced at? $12?

I have all the 8" Sideshow figures (a never sell part of my collection) and for the most part I would heartily agree. I think the Select Mummy will give the Sideshow 8" Mummy figure a run for the money.

Overall these are good for a mass produced figure (easily the best since Sideshow's line), and worth the money. I am hoping we get to see Series 2 and beyond!

The select Mummy and Creature are on my want list. The others I'll see how I feel. I agree the they are priced right.

I hope my TRUs end up getting these. They tend to be behind other stores by a week or so. Anyone know where in the store they stock em? Near the Neca stuff?

Did you get them as a pair? If you did, you might actually be getting the B&W minimates instead of the larger figures. It looks like on TRU's website they have an image of the B&W Creature figure, but they are actually selling the minimates and put up the wrong image. Unless the larger B&W figures are hidden somewhere on the site.

I just ordered the Black & White Diamond Select Creature & Wolf Man from Toys R Us!:rock:yess::D Are there any other Black & White figures in this set so far?:dunno

I attached images of the TRU versions packaged, and the two Diamond Select versions. (Images courtesy of BloodyDisgusting.)
The hair color on the TRU Mummy I saw in store seemed to work better with the overall coloring of the face. In general, the paint apps look better in-person than in these photos.

I forgot that the TRU Creature had a different color scheme than the Diamond Select version. Now I wish I had grabbed the TRU version when I had the chance--the coloring is less cartoony.

Can't wait to get the Select Mummy. It will be my budget version of a PF Mummy style set-up.

I'm not really digging the paint scheme of that Creature. That Deluxe Mummy however looks AMAZING!

I have The Mummy on order through Amazon. It is supposed to get here by Friday. Really looking forward to it! :yess:

I'm not really digging the paint scheme of that Creature. That Deluxe Mummy however looks AMAZING!

Did you get them as a pair? If you did, you might actually be getting the B&W minimates instead of the larger figures. It looks like on TRU's website they have an image of the B&W Creature figure, but they are actually selling the minimates and put up the wrong image. Unless the larger B&W figures are hidden somewhere on the site.

I am going to be MAD if they are not the larger figures because thats what Toys R Us shows so thats what we should get.:mad::banghead

This is what it says under the product description.

"Minimates Exclusive from Universal Studios includes a black and white Creature from the Black Lagoon and a black and white Wolf Man figure. It's a must have!"

With the incorrect image, you should be able to get your money back without a problem. I would print out a copy of the page now just in case they correct the image.

The B&W Creature does look sweet!

I am going to be MAD if they are not the larger figures because thats what Toys R Us shows so thats what we should get.:mad::banghead

Back