Universal Studios Monsters- Diamond Select

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the Diamond Select version pre-ordered since February, should be shipping soon. The Julie Adams figure was the selling point there. Very cool.

I've had the Diamond Select version pre-ordered since February, should be shipping soon. The Julie Adams figure was the selling point there. Very cool.

I have got The Creature with the Julie Adams figure IN HAND! :rock :D IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D Waiting on The Mummy and the Black and White Creature and Wolfman! :rock :D

I don't like the paint or sculpting on these from what I saw at Toys R Us. Sideshow did do a lot better job many years ago.

Here are some photos of the Mummy w/ sarcophagus. I took them with the flash to show detail, but in person the figure does not look washed out in the least.

It is an impressive figure for the price. When the box arrived, it was so heavy I thought I had been sent two figures instead of one. My one minor complaint is that the mold holes are fairly noticeable inside the coffin, but the Mummy covers them up fairly well.

I have the complete set of 8" figures from Sideshow. I would say this figure compares quite favorably. The TRU ones are not as strong as the Sideshow ones, but I would say they are the next best I have seen in wide release. Leaps and bounds better than the Toy Island figures, and definitely stronger than the Jakks Pacific releases as well.

If you saw the Mummy w/ sarcophagus, you wouldn't be saying that.

Last edited:
Picked up these today at work, thinking about getting the other two sets later on. Got the last B&W set as well, just wish they released more then just Wolfman and Creature.

100_3088.jpg

100_3089.jpg

Went to Best Buy earlier yesterday to pick up a couple blu rays but I couldn't resist taking a detour to the TRU right next door. Saw Wolf Man, Mummy, and Creature but only grabbed one of them. The first two didn't impress me but they're not terrible. A bit sloppy in the paint department, but not terrible. None of them hold a candle to the older Sideshow ones, but pretty good at $12.

A couple pics from me:
IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4594v.jpg

Still want to pick up the Mummy w/ sarcophogus

Saw these at my local TRU yesterday. They were decent, but nothing special. The very limited articulation and sloppy paint apps hurt my decision to buy them. I actually found The Mummy to be the best looking of the lot.

Nice photos!

Went to Best Buy earlier yesterday to pick up a couple blu rays but I couldn't resist taking a detour to the TRU right next door. Saw Wolf Man, Mummy, and Creature but only grabbed one of them. The first two didn't impress me but they're not terrible. A bit sloppy in the paint department, but not terrible. None of them hold a candle to the older Sideshow ones, but pretty good at $12.

A couple pics from me:
IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4594v.jpg

Still want to pick up the Mummy w/ sarcophogus

I got the mummy. I thought that it looks nice and is heavy. I think that it is very nice for the money.

Here goes my Universal MiniMates. Had some problems with some stuck joints, but after fixing them they are great, sucks that we gotta wait til next year for the other monsters.

100_3090.jpg

well, next year is the 80th anniversary of Frankenstein and Dracula, so I'm expecting to see all kinds of cool swag for that.

I had pre-ordered the Creature back in February from Amoktime. This past weekend we went to our local area's BIG haunted house and at the end was a mini-museum and gift shop where I found the Diamond Select Creature for $19. Picked it up and thought to cancel my Amoktime order, when I checked the status of that order this morning Amoktime had already cancelled the order!!:slap:confused:

Works for me....but what if I hadn't wanted to cancel...?

Back