Universal Monsters...possible news/ definite rumors!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, I hope the Aussie Dollar moves up a bit in the next few weeks...I was really wanting to get a SSE Creature, (which I think will be available come Spooktacular), but with the Dollar NOSEDIVING compared to the USD, it has really become too expensive.

About 2 months ago, the Aussie $ was worth about 98US cents.....Now, it's worth 68.....OUCH!

That adds hundreds to an order, let me tell ya.:sick

Gee, I hope the Aussie Dollar moves up a bit in the next few weeks...I was really wanting to get a SSE Creature, (which I think will be available come Spooktacular), but with the Dollar NOSEDIVING compared to the USD, it has really become too expensive.

About 2 months ago, the Aussie $ was worth about 98US cents.....Now, it's worth 68.....OUCH!

That adds hundreds to an order, let me tell ya.:sick

And to make it even worse, the dollar is still losing against the Yen and the Yuan...

Oct 8, 2006 - 0.1264654180 USD to 1 Yuan
Oct 8, 2007 - 0.1332604843 USD to 1 Yuan
Oct 8, 2008 - 0.1467545283 USD to 1 Yuan

...so, if a product cost 1000 Yuan to make last year, it cost Sideshow $126.47 in 2007 and now costs $146.75 in 2008.

As for the Yen, Medicom figures are gonna cost even more now! One USD is now only worth a little over 100 Yen; two years ago it was worth 120 Yen. To put that in prespective, an 18,000 Yen figure two years ago cost $151.24... today, the same figure costs $179.26! So the import costs will continue to rise, and again, for the people complaining about Medicom figures costing more, they have only increased a modest amount of Yen, but the weak dollar has made it appear to be a much larger increase in cost here in the US.

The only two solutions are quit collecting or life of crime. The jury's styill out on which avenue most collectors will take.:D

I recommend building a robot with an amazingly awkward oversized head to do the dirty work... that way you can still maintain plausible deniability...

PF of my dreams: Universal Phantom #2:

claude2.gif

Back