UNIVERSAL MONSTERS DIORAMAS...A FEW IDEAS BASED ON PHOTOGRAPHY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Woodsy, what scale are those Yagher kits... that Dr Frankenstein is great looking!

These are all 1/6 scale, and as you can see Yagher is a fantastic sculptor. I believe he has done some work for SS in the past.

I know the dioramas will be in 1:9-scale, and this would not be a diorama, per se but, wouldn't this make a great 1:1 wall plaque?

nsfrtdckcd3.jpg

Phibes, you have gotten whoever used to be Sideshow's research person laid off...nice work. Hope they're paying close attention to your efforts.

I am sooooo jazzed about a Chaney in studio with makeup stuff...don't care if it's first or not, but Sideshow just found a new route into my wallet!

Phibes, you have gotten whoever used to be Sideshow's research person laid off...nice work. Hope they're paying close attention to your efforts.

I am sooooo jazzed about a Chaney in studio with makeup stuff...don't care if it's first or not, but Sideshow just found a new route into my wallet!

I hope I didn't get anyone laid off.:monkey3 I hope they are paying attention to my efforts too... but cash is better. I prefer small unmarked bills.:lol:D

Well done Anton....The enthusiasm you constantly show for the Classic Monsters line, has, even in some small way, kept Sideshow, (and the rest of us!..) interested in this line.....keep it up!:D

Could very well be that this series is based on Yagher's stuff. He's a friend of the company I know.

Yeah, that would be a treat... His work is truly phenomenal.

As for selection, I had to go with Chaney Sr and his makeup... I have so much respect for that man and what he accomplished in his time, to have an item like that in the collection would be amazing.

And really any of these that have been posted (thanks Anton) are fantastic as well, I am especially fond of the Nosferatu shots and anything from Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. Dracula is also equally tempting, many of these films were big influences to my work and style.

Now that we have two dioramas officially pre-order available, let's offer SSC some more ideas. Get those creative mad doctor juices flowing. What would youlike to see? Pics a plus.

Now that we have two dioramas officially pre-order available, let's offer SSC some more ideas. Get those creative mad doctor juices flowing. What would youlike to see? Pics a plus.

This is still an all-time classic and needs to be made...

attachment.php

...and I would really love to see this in a diorama...

frankenstein.jpg
...or this one...
frank2.jpg

whats up with the Dr Frank license you guys were talking about?
So the Doc doesnt fall under the UniVersal Monsters' license??

whats up with the Dr Frank license you guys were talking about?
So the Doc doesnt fall under the UniVersal Monsters' license??

Colin Clive has no living relatives that are known. Its uncertain as to whom to contact concerning the use of his likeness. So, in lieu of releasing a product and getting sued later for not getting consent, SSC simply declines to make a Dr. F. Sad but true from what I hear.:monkey2

that doesnt sound like the "Go get;em company" Im familiar with .... wussies ... :D

Back