Undying Carcass - The Dead Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say I don't really like this piece... its incredibly well done, but the design and pose just don't really do it for me.

Have to say I don't really like this piece... its incredibly well done, but the design and pose just don't really do it for me.

I would say personally for my I dig everything but the pose. The pose does seam a bit awkward but the statue is so sick I can't pass it up.

The sculpt is there for sure, but I don't personally care much for it either; it doesn't reflect a lot of thought IMO, just a "how much ____ can we throw into this PF attitude."

:dunno

"Oh no... it's too gory and not enough thought went into it."

Are you guys kidding me? How easy would it be to do, say... a doctor, security guard, or any other 'character' type pieces. As far as zombies go, dude was obviously an early case that was more-or-less written off and left to rot in thr hospital/morgue when everything went to ____. In a movie, I can picture this rotten bastard just laying under a sheet and becoming reanimated once everyone thinks they've found refuge in the upper floors of a hospital/clinic.

Just a guess... he was infected when a dirty zombie crackwhore took a bite out of his man-bits. Result: nothing under the gown.

"Oh no... it's too gory and not enough thought went into it."

Are you guys kidding me? How easy would it be to do, say... a doctor, security guard, or any other 'character' type pieces. As far as zombies go, dude was obviously an early case that was more-or-less written off and left to rot in thr hospital/morgue when everything went to ____. In a movie, I can picture this rotten bastard just laying under a sheet and becoming reanimated once everyone thinks they've found refuge in the upper floors of a hospital/clinic.

Just a guess... he was infected when a dirty zombie crackwhore took a bite out of his man-bits. Result: nothing under the gown.

= Awesomeness!!! :rock

That's what I was hoping the next zombie PF was going to be, not an undying carcass. :naughty

Personally, I like the nomenclature that Sideshow is utilizing for the premium format portion of the Dead line. No subject numbers.

I also don't think this guy is in an attack pose like some superhero as many are suggesting. I just think he is shambling down from a higher vantage point after spotting his next victim. He seems sufficiently zombie to me.

Can't wait! :D

Someone had a good idea with the extra head on the floor. What SS should have done was put a peg on the base so you can pose the extra head on there.

I also don't think this guy is in an attack pose like some superhero as many are suggesting. I just think he is shambling down from a higher vantage point after spotting his next victim. He seems sufficiently zombie to me.

...or it looks like he's squatting, for some "relievement".

Looks great but I'm leaning towards passing. I dont have PZ and I saving my money for 1:6th figures.

Personally, I like the nomenclature that Sideshow is utilizing for the premium format portion of the Dead line. No subject numbers.

Well, likely a zombie wouldn't have that good of balance. If, as the other releases have suggest, there's a mid-rigor state, it's more believable that the zombie would've tumbled down and stood up once he hit the ground vs. surfing down the concrete slab with superb balance. :lol

Well, likely a zombie wouldn't have that good of balance. If, as the other releases have suggest, there's a mid-rigor state, it's more believable that the zombie would've tumbled down and stood up once he hit the ground vs. surfing down the concrete slab with superb balance. :lol

Even though some might consider this over analyzing I would agree with this.

Even though some might consider this over analyzing I would agree with this.

I'm not knocking the piece at all, I just find the pose an odd choice. Regardless, it's a "heroic" stance requiring, what I believe to be, more agility than a long-dead and rotting corpse would have. Here's where it gets gross... having had the "luxury" of handling, first hand, decomposing bodies, an extreme pose like that would have ended in stripping the meat clean from the bone with it sagging between the top of the femur and the ankle like a hammock.

I'm not knocking the piece at all, I just find the pose an odd choice. Regardless, it's a "heroic" stance requiring, what I believe to be, more agility than a long-dead and rotting corpse would have. Here's where it gets gross... having had the "luxury" of handling, first hand, decomposing bodies, an extreme pose like that would have ended in stripping the meat clean from the bone with it sagging between the top of the femur and the ankle like a hammock.

Oh I know you weren't knocking it. I wasn't knocking it earlier when I said roughly the same thing but people seem to think we are knocking.

Guys its a freaking zombie. Which at last check aren't real. So I think its safe to toss this stuff out the window and say who really gives a rats whazoo if it can be done.:dunno

Guys its a freaking zombie. Which at last check aren't real. So I think its safe to toss this stuff out the window and say who really gives a rats whazoo if it can be done.:dunno

Oh I am sorry, does our random curiosity and discussion on the stance bother you? We are at least being civil about it so who cares. Let us discuss the pose all we want.

Oh I am sorry, does our random curiosity and discussion on the stance bother you? We are at least being civil about it so who cares. Let us discuss the pose all we want.

No, I could care less about your discussion actually. :lol I just always find it perplexing when people try to bring reality into things that shouldn't bother having it.

I was just simply stating my two cents like who cares really if the pose is real or not. It looks cool. Hopefully thats ok. :monkey3

No, I could care less about your discussion actually. :lol I just always find it perplexing when people try to bring reality into things that shouldn't bother having it.

I was just simply stating my two cents like who cares really if the pose is real or not. It looks cool. Hopefully thats ok. :monkey3

Haha yea it is, it is all good. Sometimes it is fun, to me anyways, to bring reality into something that could potential be real. Makes the statue more real that it obvious actually it.

I am definitely getting this regardless.

Back