Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the atmosphere of Burnt Offerings that got me... first movie in a long time that gave me the creeps. Plus I like the actors. This guy is all wrong!!!!!

atmosphere is almost as important as the writing in a horror movie IMO.
I loved Inside and it was mainly due to the atmosphere they achieved... :monkey1

I've never seen it but I'm a member of these horror sites and mailing lists and this keeps popping up. Netflix doesn't have it so I'd have to buy it. I'm not too sure I wanna do that :lol

Wow...that looks so crappy that Im on the hunt now :D I can do without that crappy rock soundtrack. I hate when movies use "hardcore" type music to show how "extreme" they are. Other wise, looks like cheesy goodness...in a bad way :)

"The Orphan Killer" blazes through a stellar year in the horror film market. The Matt Farnsworth created film and character was honored by the Sitges Film Festival, received the Antonio Margheriti Award at Tohorror (Italy), and took the "Best Picture" award at Terror Molins Dei Rei (Spain).
The slasher film has only been marketed virally on it's Facebook fan page. It's popularity online has created the first ever horror icon born of social media. Rising to over 107,000 fans in a very short time and hailed by fans and critics as the new horror icon of the 21st century, the film declined offers from several studios opting instead to release directly to it's massive Facebook fan base in a limited market test. The reaction to the film has been a global sensation.
Michael Bohatch, CEO of Horrornews.net said "I’m gonna have to call this one outstanding and a return to classic horror with a lethal bang! An impressive visceral contribution that will be talked about for quite some time."
Dr. Gash of Dread Central said "I’ve never seen anyone swing an axe as hard or with such bad intentions, as this new serial Killer. He simply pulverizes his victims. He speaks, and It’s the fact that he verbalizes his intentions and sufferings that makes the character that much more chilling. Matt Farnsworth had an agenda with this film. To create a character he could build a franchise around. I think he did it."
2012 is looking prosperous for TOK. A truly viable slasher franchise has risen from the internet. Robert Rhine of Girls and Corpses Magazine said "I saw your blood drenched movie The Orphan Killer. It is old school, knife in the belly, eviscerating horror - the kind of movie H.G Lewis would applaud. Your movie created an endorphin rush of horror along with a puddle of pee under my seat. Congrats on doing what so few movies can do.....FREAK ME OUT! "
The worldwide popularity and critical acclaim has landed the new franchise the cover of major horror magazines abroad. TOK will grace the cover of Shock Horror Magazine (UK) 2012 first edition. Scream Magazine (UK) will also feature The Orphan Killer on the cover of their 2012 first edition. Previous covers of Shock Horror Magazine have featured horror heavyweights Rob Zombie and Vincent Price. Inside the magazines, Farnsworth is interviewed in depth about how he has taken the horror world by storm. In early 2012 the film will release theatrically in Los Angeles. The Orphan Killer movie and merchandise can only be bought on the films official website The Orphan Killer | Slasher Icon

4fvdzs1bx1oeu2hpqri8.png

9hfd2ege0mm4j0xsfuoi.jpg

o6ykpby5cfd8h7sb2dgh.jpg

i needed something to cleanse this valentine flavored flick i had to sit and watch....

stumbled upon, "someone knocking at the door" anyone else saw this one? it got heaps of WTF moments for a low budget movie, good twist too. :lol

i needed something to cleanse this valentine flavored flick i had to sit and watch....

stumbled upon, "someone knocking at the door" anyone else saw this one? it got heaps of WTF moments for a low budget movie, good twist too. :lol

Was this on the netflix instant. Unless Im thinking of another movie, i was planning on watching it but never got around to it.

Was this on the netflix instant. Unless Im thinking of another movie, i was planning on watching it but never got around to it.

dunno about netflix. found it on a review blog that placed the collector on his craplist :cuckoo: . sure made me watch some of his picks from his craplist. :lol
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Ltdi0Bnu8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Ltdi0Bnu8[/ame]

I'll have to watch Black Cat and Cigarette Burns, I seen Pro-Life, thought it was good. Jennifer was a decent one as well along with Sick Girl (campy but good)

Back