Uncle Clipper (Klipper king)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Clipper gone, can anyone recommend a reviewer who, like Clipper, is honest and non-partial? Preferably someone who doesn't play loud music and have sound effects, I hate all those gimmicks

Dean Knight does great reviews IMO. I always look for his and Clipper's reviews on any new figure.

With Clipper gone, can anyone recommend a reviewer who, like Clipper, is honest and non-partial? Preferably someone who doesn't play loud music and have sound effects, I hate all those gimmicks
Michael Crawford is one I feel has been pretty objective and honest over the years. But he doesn't make videos:

https://www.mwctoys.com/

Michael Crawford is one I feel has been pretty objective and honest over the years. But he doesn't make videos:

https://www.mwctoys.com/

Thanks.

Personally, I find his reviews bland. He rarely ever says anything bad, I don't know if he is sponsored or just very rich, cause he review almost everything. And I like the videos, so I can see the figures. Clipper has edge. Crawford none :)

Dean Knight does great reviews IMO. I always look for his and Clipper's reviews on any new figure.

Thanks,

I actually like this guy. He'll get my sub and will be my replacement Clipper, until the real Clipper will be back. Saw his Armoured Batman, that was pretty decent. He is very informative. And down to earth. I like that. Thanks again

Thanks,

I actually like this guy. He'll get my sub and will be my replacement Clipper, until the real Clipper will be back. Saw his Armoured Batman, that was pretty decent. He is very informative. And down to earth. I like that. Thanks again

DeanKnight does showcase videos with music, which are great in their own way, but his separate reviews I find very detailed and informative. Pretty much answers all the questions I'd want to ask. I like the longer reviews that really analyse all aspects of the figure.

Clipper's reviews are really unique, if anyone tried to copy his style it would probably come off as forced and wouldn't work. His were the only reviews I watched on figures I had no interest in buying. Hopefully he's back sometime when time and finances allow.

DeanKnight does showcase videos with music, which are great in their own way, but his separate reviews I find very detailed and informative. Pretty much answers all the questions I'd want to ask. I like the longer reviews that really analyse all aspects of the figure.

Clipper's reviews are really unique, if anyone tried to copy his style it would probably come off as forced and wouldn't work. His were the only reviews I watched on figures I had no interest in buying. Hopefully he's back sometime when time and finances allow.

Agreed. Clipper is unique. I bought the Threezero Leonardo cause of hie review. I had no interest in the figure before seeing his review.

WOW !!!! where did this thread come from ??? let me explain bruvas for those who didn't see the facebook posts . firstly I never mentioned leaving the hobby/community/reviewing . on Friday I posted saying that all my hot toys, enterbay , storm or blitzway figures were available for sale and id listen to offers (i'll keep my gangsters kingdom stuff either way) so obviously all day Friday people were asking why I'm selling and am I finished ....... so on Friday night I shot a facebook live video explaining why the sale
in the video I explained its not a matter of needing money , wanting to leave the hobby or I was fed up of the struggle of reviewing .... the reason is as most of you know my collection and reviewing area is actually in my sons room and always has been , my son is now nearly 20 and is expecting a daughter in January so i'm gunna be a granddad (I know I look way too young but lifes runs fast once you pass 40 ) so anyway the sale is more about emptying my cabinets so Callum and Beth have space to make a start , while me and his mum can help and guide them (plus I love my son massively and cant bare the thought of him leaving home yet) at the minute I have about 30 hot toys and 20 gangsters kingdom figures so my choice was relocate my cabinets and carry on (which means costly changes in our main bedroom) box the figures up and put in storage or box up and sell , I think my gangsters are worth 2000-3000 , hot toys 6000-8000 which would be nice in my pocket but ive tried to review everything but only keep the cream of the crop which is now so hard to let go of , plus some figures are modded to my taste and because people know em and see em in videos certain people are just waiting for my dx12/dx11/Indiana jones/bvs batman and so on to become available and its created a scrum of madness and crazy offers ...... I could sell em all easy but saying goodbye to a godfather or scarface or customised batman is a bit of an heartbreaker
reviewing wise , I could continue reviewing and selling figures on coz that wouldn't take much room , and its a buzz knowing people value my opinion enough to keep watching me ....but that also becomes hard sometimes without any backing and very little adsense revenue ..... I also know its hard to say I need help without it sounding like begging , but its hard to hear when people say I only bought so and so because of clippers review knowing hot toys made another sale and I made **** all and still had to pay full price for my reviewed figure .

Last edited:
I knew this wasn't true. :lol. Better hear it from the horse's mouth. Thanks for clarifying Clipper.

Back