Unclaimed credit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THX-182

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got this email and it's kind of weird. Anyone else ever hear or gotten something like this? I have no idea what it could be from or why.

"Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your interest in Sideshow Collectibles.

We have recently gone through our records and it appears that you have had in house credit that has gone unclaimed for quite a while. You have a total of total of $83.33 available. If you want, I apply the credits to an existing order for you, I can apply the funds for you.

If you would like me to apply the credit, please let me know. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager

Sideshow Collectibles

2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks , CA 91320 USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of it seems worded strangely. Call me overly cautious - but I would call the number on the Sideshow website (which is different than the numbers listed in the email) and then ask to speak to Michael. If it's legit - then bonus for you. If it is not...then you'll find out quickly by calling the numbers on the website.

I'll probably call them but I have to wonder that if it is fake, how did they obtain my first name? They aren't asking for any personal information or have any links that may lead me to scam phishing sites.

I got the email the same time I got my monthly rewards points statement.

Hmmm.

I'll probably call them but I have to wonder that if it is fake, how did they obtain my first name? They aren't asking for any personal information or have any links that may lead me to scam phishing sites.

Hmmm.

But they may when you call. Just be sure to use the numbers we know are correct - and hopefully it's all good and you have a nice credit to use. :duff

If you want, I apply the credits to an existing order for you, I can apply the funds for you.

It's the above sentence that's weird to me....but then it could just simply be a grammatical error that was not noticed.

If you want, I apply the credits to an existing order for you, I can apply the funds for you.

It's the above sentence that's weird to me....but then it could just simply be a grammatical error that was not noticed.

That's what was weird to me too. Also the fact that I've never heard of this happening. But like I said they aren't asking for personal info via email. I'm not complaining about any potential credit. Just a little cautious as it is one of those "too good to be true" kind of things.

I may just respond and tell him to apply it to my Commander Bly figure order or something and see if it actually does. No personal info given.

Here is the e-mail I recieved.

Hi Jay,

We have recently gone through our records and it appears that you have had in house credit that has gone unclaimed for quite a while. You have a total of 2 credits for a total of $168.52 available. If you want, I can split the credit and apply them to the next two orders that will be charged which should be Hawk, order xxxxxxx, and the Cobra Viper, order xxxxxx.

If you would like me to apply these credits, please let me know. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager

Sideshow Collectibles

I dont think these are fake because they have my order numbers, Unless my account has been hacked.

Here is the e-mail I recieved.

Hi Jay,

We have recently gone through our records and it appears that you have had in house credit that has gone unclaimed for quite a while. You have a total of 2 credits for a total of $168.52 available. If you want, I can split the credit and apply them to the next two orders that will be charged which should be Hawk, order xxxxxxx, and the Cobra Viper, order xxxxxx.

If you would like me to apply these credits, please let me know. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager

Sideshow Collectibles

So they actually told you what orders you have which makes me think this is legit. How would they have your name, know you buy from Sideshow, and know what you have on order if this was false?

They didn't mention any orders I had but I don't have anything shipping soon I guess.

So they actually told you what orders you have which makes me think this is legit. How would they have your name, know you buy from Sideshow, and know what you have on order if this was false?

They didn't mention any orders I had but I don't have anything shipping soon I guess.

Well at least the grammar is correct in that one. This thread should be in the Ask Sideshow section so maybe a Sideshow peep will see it. I don't have the powers to move it...but will ask someone else to.

This is Peggy. I apply credit for you if you want.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md43_fjlY-M"]Peggy - Rewards program - Discover Card Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Back