Uncharted: The Movie (Now without a director, officially)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Uncharted: The Movie (Now with Mark Wahlberg, officially)

True but wahlberg didn't help matters. Especially his "oh my god" delivery when everyone is dying around him.

Wahlberg + Uncharted = FAIL

Just be prepared for another Resident Evil and you'll be fine.

I'm not sure I like Wahlberg in anything but The Departed. Haven't seen the Other Guys or the Fighter yet, but that's still pretty horrible.

I shudder every time i think of Wahlberg playing the part of Nate, the two just don't go together in my mind, that casting idea need to be taken back to the drawing board. I think Fillion would be good & there's a Brit actor called Tom Chambers (pic Below) who bears a pretty good likeness to Drake (IMO) who although an outsider couldn't be any worse a choice than ol' Marky Mark

Last edited:

the uncharted games serie is all about big explosions, mass destructions, crazy situations, epic gunfights and amazing locations.

without a 200 million $ budget the movie will just look ridiculous compared to the game.

and i highly doubt the budget will be more than 80-110 million $ for this film

I shudder every time i think of Wahlberg playing the part of Nate, the two just don't go together in my mind, that casting idea need to be taken back to the drawing board. I think Fillion would be good & there's a Brit actor called Tom Chambers (pic Below) who bears a pretty good likeness to Drake (IMO) who although an outsider couldn't be any worse a choice than ol' Marky Mark

Yeah that guy is a dead-ringer.

Wahlberg has the emotional range of a turnip, why couldn't they find an actor for this role?:gah:

Who's Nathan Fillion? ____ you David Russell, ____ you.

https://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=35227

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gwc-dQuEStg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gwc-dQuEStg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I love that guy so much for this. Standing up to a major director like that and pointing out how much of an idiot he is being. Seriously, this guy is a legend in my eyes.

Last edited:

:rotfl I'll be completely honest, I think Mark Wahlberg is a wonderful actor...well can be, and if this movie is trash, it may be because of the script, which seems to be the problem with most VG themed movies these days, it won't be because of Mark. Having said that I do think Nathan Fillion would make an amazing Drake.

I agree with most of that, I tried to think to myself who would be Great for this role and really no one comes to mind. I think part of it is we are all spoiled by how great a character Indy was and how Great he was played by Ford...No one will every top Indy, so most people will see this as just an of Indy ripoff.
Maybe Ryan Reynolds?

Saw The Other Guys. He was great in it, but he's no Drake. Currently though, I'm far more worried about this idiotic director than Wahlberg. With Fillion or not, this movie will be horrible in the hands of that ******.

RYAN NEEDS TO STOP DICKING AROUND AND DO THE ____ING DEADPOOL MOVIE ALREADY! :gah:

Who's Nathan Fillion? ____ you David Russell, ____ you.
The better question is, who the **** is David Russell? And how can you take on such a project without researching the game and it's fanbase, especially what they want?

**** you David Russell, I hope you fail and never get another job after this.

EDIT: I see that he directed The Fighter, Three Kings and a few others. I still don't give a ____, **** this dude.

Mark Wahlberg would get far more people in the theaters than Nathan Fillion would.

Mark Wahlberg would get far more people in the theaters than Nathan Fillion would.
I disagree. You put out a movie that looks awesome and is faithful to the games and its epic scope, that will get people into the theaters.

The fact that Wahlberg is in a movie is not what gets me to go see it, its how good the movie looks.

Back