UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
02fbbcddecbbb8e93e7e13e849011cd0.jpg

baf8554dc46af9501ca8db1b27dc8c46.jpg

d84763d0a864dff06f725cd6434d6dd8.jpg

The game is great, the statue is great and Nathan broke his arm during climbing.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I've seen some strange glitches like that too :lol thankfully they're the amusing ones and not the horrible game breakers

Finished the game last night and I really enjoyed it. Hard to decide which is my fav :Uncharted 2 or 4.

The story was pretty good. You can definitely see the 'Last of Us' influences. I liked how it wrapped the series. My only complaint story-wise is
Spoiler Spoiler:

Finished the game last night and I really enjoyed it. Hard to decide which is my fav :Uncharted 2 or 4.

The story was pretty good. You can definitely see the 'Last of Us' influences. I liked how it wrapped the series. My only complaint story-wise is
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've had a few glitches. My favorite is the intro one of Sam and Nate as kids. In the part where Sam let's you use the hook first, I did that and it glitched. Well Sam didn't swing, he floated Ermac-style across the buildings. I died laughing. :lol

Game is taking forever to get starting. On Chapter 4 and still feel like I a walking through / being guided through a tutorial.

Finished it tonight and was absolutely blown away. I loved everything about this game and thought it was just perfect. What a way to cap off an amazing series.

I really think anyone who plays this without playing the original trilogy first is doing themselves a massive disservice. I just feel there was a sense of nostalgia and attachment to the characters that I otherwise would not have felt if I had gone into this game knowing nothing about Uncharted. I really can't wait to see what Naughty Dog come up with next.

Honestly. Dissapointed. The game peaked at chapter 10 for me and then it was downhill from there. The way the story was told was well done but story itself to me felt a bit lacking. The gunplay in these games is still mediocre at best. Pacing felt off. Probably my least favourite after the first game

You didn't think chapter 12, 13 and 17 was sublime? I'm currently on chapter 20. Been pacing myself soaking up every bit of detail on the hard setting with all aim assists and game hints off to make it last as long as possible.

I'm on Chapter 10 so far, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game despite the much darker tone.

Im at chapter 10. The first chapters were amazing, great start and i started to expect a great game. However, the game is not bad, but they haven't really brought much new and fresh to the game at all other than marking your enemies. They had plenty of time, and im surprised they didn't bother including new simple things such as sprinting, crouching which would make the sneaking approach so much more fun. Other than that, the mechanics are the same with little new. Same old Uncharted style.

Since it looks like you have a partner through the entire game, it would be fun to order your partner to move to certain places and when 2 enemies is in front of you you would be able to take them down together at the same time like that one time in one of the earlier chapters where it happened automatically.
Or a way to lure your opponent while in cover, a whistle, wall knock, throw a rock or whatever.

Like I said, the game is not bad, but despite the time they had im just surprised they havent brought much new to the table like simple things i mentioned above, just the same old the first 3 games had. Just a new story.

Last edited:
I would have loved it if you were able to lie on your stomach commando style with the sniper rifle in the long grass when I first experienced chapter 10.

It would also have been nice and realistic if the enemies couldn't work out where a sniper shot came from. It seems as soon as one thug knows where you are they all do even if they are 40 - 80ft away. They know you are here but don't know your location.

Regarding Sam and a character I wished we saw...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah gameplay wise I don't think too much is new. Only the grappling hook, long grass, marking enemies and being able to go back to stealth after sometime came across as new features. It seems more like refinements and crazy sequences

Finished Uncharted 4 today, and have the same feeling bro!.

Both Uncharted 2 & 4 are so good, and so different in so many ways from each other.. It's really hard to decide which is my best of them :dunno

Beat the game today, I found the ending to be really really really underwhelming.

Overall the game is solid but the pacing wasn't very good, and while the levels are beautifully detailed there isn't much to do in them outside of find treasures and journals. It would have been cool if treasures were actually hidden behind death traps, also Nathan is globetrotting all over the world in all these jungles and we don't run into any deadly wild animals. It would have been nice if some treasures were surrounded by deadly wild life, and some treasures possibly hidden behind deadly traps and deadly puzzles. I also have the same complaints with the platforming, it's straightforward and not challenging at all, had ND added these few things the pacing would have worked a lot better but basically 60% of the game is walking and talking, 30% straightforward platforming and 10% combat.

I'm also mixed on the story, the performances from everyone was mindblowingly great, only Devs on ND level in this department is Rockstar, but I had a ton of issues with the story.
I felt fan favorite characters either didn't show up, or were really under serviced by the narrative.

I think this is right up there with Grand Theft Auto 5 as one of the best technically made games ever made, the animations, voice acting, set pieces, graphics, etc... Absolutely smoke any other game I've ever played, and that's where most of my enjoyment came from playing this, but as a game it really wasn't as great as I was hoping it would be. This is the first Uncharted that felt like a chore to get through.

Even with all the negative things I have to say about this game, I'd give it a 8.5/10 just because it's the first game that truly felt like a leap in technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It would have been cool if treasures were actually hidden behind death traps, also Nathan is globetrotting all over the world in all these jungles and we don't run into any deadly wild animals. It would have been nice if some treasures were surrounded by deadly wild life, and some treasures possibly hidden behind deadly traps and deadly puzzles.

If they did that they would have called it Rise of the Nathan Drake. :lol

More traps would have been nice I guess but deadly animals, I don't know. It seems like Uncharted has always stuck to its roots and I'm not sure if putting in those would make it, well, 'Uncharted' if you get what I'm mean? I also think the 'teen' rating for Uncharted games does restrict them a bit in terms of what they can do with the violence. With TLOU they just went full throttle with the violence.

And there's no 'deadly' wildlife in UC4 but it there are tons of wildlife seen throughout. I jumped out of my boat and tried to swim next to three dolphins that were following me on chapter 12. I also spotted a deer on the Scotland level and apparently a whale can be seen from one of the cliffs in that level too.

Though it would have been funny to see Sully and Nate get chased by a bear. Imagine the dialogue. :lol

If they did that they would have called it Rise of the Nathan Drake. :lol

More traps would have been nice I guess but deadly animals, I don't know. It seems like Uncharted has always stuck to its roots and I'm not sure if putting in those would make it, well, 'Uncharted' if you get what I'm mean? I also think the 'teen' rating for Uncharted games does restrict them a bit in terms of what they can do with the violence. With TLOU they just went full throttle with the violence.

And there's no 'deadly' wildlife in UC4 but it there are tons of wildlife seen throughout. I jumped out of my boat and tried to swim next to three dolphins that were following me on chapter 12. I also spotted a deer on the Scotland level and apparently a whale can be seen from one of the cliffs in that level too.

Though it would have been funny to see Sully and Nate get chased by a bear. Imagine the dialogue. :lol

Oh I know there's tons of wildlife you can spot in game, but to me, having some sort of deadly traps and animals would have made the game better paced in my opinion since about 60% of the game is huge open levels without much to really interact with, so what was the point of making the levels so much bigger? I guess you're right about not being able to really pull that off with the T rating but that would have helped a ton with the pacing and kept things interesting. Instead every level consisted pretty much of the same thing, walking, talking, sliding, swinging, puzzles and combat, and most of it was really just walking talking, sliding, and swinging.

With the levels being so huge, sort of side objectives with tracking down treasures really would have helped with the immersion.

Oh I know there's tons of wildlife you can spot in game, but to me, having some sort of deadly traps and animals would have made the game better paced in my opinion since about 60% of the game is huge open levels without much to really interact with, so what was the point of making the levels so much bigger? I guess you're right about not being able to really pull that off with the T rating but that would have helped a ton with the pacing and kept things interesting. Instead every level consisted pretty much of the same thing, walking, talking, sliding, swinging, puzzles and combat, and most of it was really just walking talking, sliding, and swinging.

With the levels being so huge, sort of side objectives with tracking down treasures really would have helped with the immersion.

Tbh when ya finally get to Madagascar. It felt like MGS:V with the jeep and checkpoints. I was hoping to get a S ranking :lol

Regarding Sam and a character I wished we saw...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back