Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if u can't get a replacement base, will u still keep it?

Can't wait to see what the final repaint will look like. If it looks good, I will do the same.

So if u can't get a replacement base, will u still keep it?

Can't wait to see what the final repaint will look like. If it looks good, I will do the same.

I got a few guys who already sent their over to my painter. You know I will keep it, but I need the lights fixed. I hope they can send a new one (The base) to me ASAP. Im calling them on Mon. If they say ok, then Im sending my body over for paint the same day

Ultron is now making his short journey back to sideshow to get fixed I hope they do it right and I get back an unchipped statue and a base that works I still haven't even seen it lighted up:gah: I'll post pics when he returns

I got a few guys who already sent their over to my painter. You know I will keep it, but I need the lights fixed. I hope they can send a new one (The base) to me ASAP. Im calling them on Mon. If they say ok, then Im sending my body over for paint the same day

What's the turn around for a repaint usually?

Mine came with a broken leg, thank goodness because I am really underwhelmed by this PF. The sculpt and paint are terrible, it does look plastic even though it's very solid. It looked sculpted as a one piece so it doesn't have the nice detailing I'm used to with sideshow statues. Can't wait to send it back. Also the box is ridiculous. I want the square ones back, less breakage potential.

Last edited:
Well at least your issue with the base lets the lights turn on all i get is a flicker for a couple of seconds then it turns off so all i have to look at is the orange overspray:(

It appears I am having the same problem. Overall it seemed like I made out pretty well, considering some problems. Except I cannot get the thing to light up (not at all, not even a flicker). Wanted to check with you guys to see any suggestions before calling Sideshow. Looks like I may have to try and remove the button, however that is done.

Here's how it looks now:

img0401bu.jpg

img0404el.jpg

What's the turn around for a repaint usually?

Not too long, however it does depend on how much work they have. They will paint these on the side as extra work for us to make some extra cash.
I was going to have mine painted and brought to me in 2 weeks, now I am not so sure. SS will determine my course of action.
I want it repainted so bad!

It appears I am having the same problem. Overall it seemed like I made out pretty well, considering some problems. Except I cannot get the thing to light up (not at all, not even a flicker). Wanted to check with you guys to see any suggestions before calling Sideshow. Looks like I may have to try and remove the button, however that is done.

Here's how it looks now:

img0401bu.jpg

img0404el.jpg

I had to remove the button and try pulling and pushing the actual button underneath. Its nothing like what we are used to on the Iron man and other high quality light up statues from SS.
I hope they can send us just another base, I only worry that the base will not match the statue proper. Cant wait to call them and find out whats the best course of action. If you dont mind please post what they will do for you.

I had to remove the button and try pulling and pushing the actual button underneath. Its nothing like what we are used to on the Iron man and other high quality light up statues from SS.
I hope they can send us just another base, I only worry that the base will not match the statue proper. Cant wait to call them and find out whats the best course of action. If you dont mind please post what they will do for you.

Yeah, I did get the button off. The little switch inside seems to moving just fine. I can hear it click. I'm not sure if the problem is in the base or the statue. Somewhere there's a problem in the wiring. Although I will try and replace the batteries tomorrow in the off chance its just a bad battery.

Yeah, I did get the button off. The little switch inside seems to moving just fine. I can hear it click. I'm not sure if the problem is in the base or the statue. Somewhere there's a problem in the wiring. Although I will try and replace the batteries tomorrow in the off chance its just a bad battery.

Good luck bro!
I am so sorry, what a pain!:gah:

Whew.... I dont know about this piece. I realy need an Ultron for my Averngers display and I like the sculpt itself, but with all the problems this come up with.... :dunno

Hi Averone,

thanks for posting your video review of the Ultron PF.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you have with the base and hope you will be able to solve these when you call Sideshow tomorrow.
Please post pics after you have received your repainted statue back since I am really curious what the statue will look like once you have received it back.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

It is a house warming gift from my contractor.

NICE! It's always cool to receive gifts we actually like and will use. This is one expensive hobby and any money we don't have to use on display cases is money well spent on another statue.

Back