Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still giving this the benefit of the doubt, will wait 'til mine arrives on Tuesday. If this trend does continue, I'm afraid I'd rather spend my money on getting the older pieces instead.

Makes me wonder if this will be the same paint they'll be using on Colossus. :dunno

I'm still giving this the benefit of the doubt, will wait 'til mine arrives on Tuesday. If this trend does continue, I'm afraid I'd rather spend my money on getting the older pieces instead.

Makes me wonder if this will be the same paint they'll be using on Colossus. :dunno

It looks like the Silver Surfer paint used. I am curious why SSC didn't take a picture with the lights off? I think for them to produce this in only 5 months, they rushed the job. Why on earth did they change the color on it?

The paint on Ultron is completely different from the preview pics sideshow provided looked bland and cheap in person glad you guys enjoyed the vid. qtheislandboy

It looks like the Silver Surfer paint used. I am curious why SSC didn't take a picture with the lights off? I think for them to produce this in only 5 months, they rushed the job. Why in earth did they change the color on it?

I think you're lucky though.
The last SS Marvel piece you got was the Emma LSB & all these problems seems to happen to PFs most of the time. That Hydra Com wasn't incredibly disappointing as well if you compared it to the proto pics.

This will be my first preorder to cancel the final product looks nothing like the pics provided by Scc really disappointed with this trend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing I have no interest in this char nor this statue/sculpt. My Diablo III, sculpted by Viaggio, got better metal paint than this. Looks like hand made, slightly rustic, metal but more realistic than this ultron.

I'm torn
Going to wait to see him in person
Not too worried since I can turn around and send him right back if its a turd

Wow. So I'm just getting caught up in the thread now, but this in-hand pic of Ultron makes it look like a disappointment. Maybe it's not very photogenic?? (That's a stretch. I know.) But it certainly doesn't look like the advertised pics. I was hoping to get this down the road, but now, I'm not so sure. Such an awesome character design, sculpt, etc., but it looks like that paint application may have taken the 'awe factor' down quite a few notches.

I like that the paint job looks to have a lot of shadowing i just really wish they went with more of a metallic paint. In that video he looks like porcelain or something

guys lets all calm down for a bit until we have some better in hand photos and actually receiving the statue.

I think the problem is two fold: 1) the horrible incorrect orange color used to paint the bars & overspray 2) the monocolor light silver used to paint the body as oppose to a metallic color with different shades of darkness shown on the sideshow website.

But any statue can be made look like crap from a bad photo under bad lighting, so lets wait for inhand before making the final judgement.

It is so funny i remember we were just saying a few pages back there is no way sideshow can _____* this one up since there is no face and it's just a metal body. I sure hope we are not proven wrong...

I like that the paint job looks to have a lot of shadowing i just really wish they went with more of a metallic paint. In that video he looks like porcelain or something

You hit nail on head.

I'm looking in the fine print to see if it says this anywhere:

"Customer responsible to make it look like our marketing photos, mileage may vary depending on how good your painting skills are or how deep your pockets are, please enjoy our one tone porcelain baddie."

Wow. So I'm just getting caught up in the thread now, but this in-hand pic of Ultron makes it look like a disappointment. Maybe it's not very photogenic?? (That's a stretch. I know.) But it certainly doesn't look like the advertised pics. I was hoping to get this down the road, but now, I'm not so sure. Such an awesome character design, sculpt, etc., but it looks like that paint application may have taken the 'awe factor' down quite a few notches.
The vid actually makes it look better trust me

I was excited to pop in the thread today and find there were pics of the piece up but now :(... Mine should be here thurs idk what im gonna do!

Back