Ujindou brand, Thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosferatus_lair

Freaked Out
Reaction score
What's everyone's opinion on the figures from 'Ujindou'? They're headsculpts aren't quite as high quality as DID but they're clothing and equipment seem to be real leather and good quality etc. I'm interested in a figure of theirs the LSSAH Hungary 1945 soldier. Wanted people's thoughts on it. Is $180 for this a decent price? Anyone here bought a figure from them and their thoughts!?
143617mss6ssnee6peuswz__64447.1637367951.jpg

What's everyone's opinion on the figures from 'Ujindou'? They're headsculpts aren't quite as high quality as DID but they're clothing and equipment seem to be real leather and good quality etc.

I have three so far, and a bunch on pre-order.

Was dubious at first based on Chinese reviews of their early figures, but after receiving the British Commando I was hooked. Even those earlier figures were good.

The sculpts on the ones I have are all under sized, but the only one I found to be unusable was the Commando because it was so tiny.

The clothing (with working buttons), boots, equipment and weapons are good. Every time I've received a Ujindou it feels like getting a budget DID. Not everything is up to DID's standards, but the subject matters have been interesting.

I'm interested in a figure of theirs the LSSAH Hungary 1945 soldier. Wanted people's thoughts on it. Is $180 for this a decent price? Anyone here bought a figure from them and their thoughts!?View attachment 605436

There's a review here that shows the figure off well:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=389054&extra=page=1

I have three so far, and a bunch on pre-order.

Was dubious at first based on Chinese reviews of their early figures, but after receiving the British Commando I was hooked. Even those earlier figures were good.

The sculpts on the ones I have are all under sized, but the only one I found to be unusable was the Commando because it was so tiny.

The clothing (with working buttons), boots, equipment and weapons are good. Every time I've received a Ujindou it feels like getting a budget DID. Not everything is up to DID's standards, but the subject matters have been interesting.

There's a review here that shows the figure off well:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=389054&extra=page=1
Thanks for your input. So youd consider them worth a buy. Have been eying Ujindou figures for a while but wasn't sure to take the chance on one. Do you know if DID headsculpts fit their body ? They're not DID standard but they're also not DID prices which is good.

Thanks for your input. So youd consider them worth a buy. Have been eying Ujindou figures for a while but wasn't sure to take the chance on one. Do you know if DID headsculpts fit their body ? They're not DID standard but they're also not DID prices which is good.

I knew of them from their SAS figures, but was deterred by a review of their second figure which had a broken body.

When the British Commando went up for pre-order I took a chance. Apart from the sculpt I was really impressed.

Not sure about DID sculpts fitting as they seem to be unique to their bodies, which have smaller neck pegs.

This is the Commando with a different sculpt:

52190163006_04caeb4dd4_o.jpg

52189152092_9d6621de2b_o.jpg

And their second and third SAS figures, plus another Commando made from spare Ujindou parts:

52450031532_bb1ea9dc7e_o.jpg

52451074338_a6a819826a_o.jpg

52450031542_733ffb350b_o.jpg

Very nice set of figures. They certainly look like they give DID a run for their money. I was considering that British Commando myself at the time but decided against it. And can you tell me are the boots belts slings etc made of real leather or pleather? Weapons are plastic I'm assuming it looks that way!
I think I feel another purchase incoming 🤣
I'm blaming you

Very nice set of figures. They certainly look like they give DID a run for their money.

Thanks. :)

I was considering that British Commando myself at the time but decided against it. And can you tell me are the boots belts slings etc made of real leather or pleather?

They say they're genuine leather, but that can also mean its reconstituted by using leather fused with plastic.

However, Kit Chen found me Paddy Mayne locally in Hong Kong years after he released, yet all the leather pieces were in perfect condition (leather jerkin, flare gun holster and strap). Considering how quickly pleather rots in the far east, it indicates that Ujindou is using genuine leather.

Weapons are plastic I'm assuming it looks that way!

They've been mixed. The Sten gun that came with their second figure, SAS Lt. Edward MacDonald, was plastic. It did have a spring loaded bolt though.

Their next figure, Paddy Mayne, had a wood and metal Thompson and was a big step up in quality.

The Commando's rifle is plastic. The upcoming Chindit, Gran Sasso Fallschirmjaeger and Big Red One are listed as wood or wood and metal. The new Commando Sniper looks like he'll have a plastic rifle.

I think I feel another purchase incoming 🤣
I'm blaming you

:lol

I just bought that guy. I'll post some pictures up here when it eventually arrives from Giantoy!! Looking forward to seeing what these are like.

Didn't think the heads looked too small until I saw this picture, it's weird that they are still doing this they have quite a few actual released figures under their belt now.
165617e6jf50l7qfdj30f0.jpeg

Didn't think the heads looked too small until I saw this picture, it's weird that they are still doing this they have quite a few actual released figures under their belt now.View attachment 605717

It's a weird phenomenon, and one you'd associate with recasts. But I'm not aware that Ujindou are recasting sculpts.

The British Commando (UD9013) was the first Ujindou figure I received, and immediately the sculpt looked unusable. It would better suit a younger teen figure body. I swapped it for a spare head I had, and used the Ujindou one on a DAM helmeted pressure suit figure where the scale issue wasn't so obvious.

My next two figures (UD9002 and UD9003) weren't that bad. UD9002 was okay for height compared to sculpts from other companies, but it was narrower.

Even though I like their products so far, I'm fully expecting to have to swap the sculpts. I should be able to put them to use by swapping them with figures wearing full face helmets. I hope they realise and resolve the problem though.

It's a shame there's no website for them that we could give feedback. Unless they read forums like this. I have a spare DID headsculpt will they fit onto the Ujindou body's! I just bought my first Ujindou figure

It's a shame there's no website for them that we could give feedback. Unless they read forums like this.

They have a FB page, but they abandoned it two years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/UjindouToys
I have a spare DID headsculpt will they fit onto the Ujindou body's! I just bought my first Ujindou figure

Don't know about older DID sculpts, but the newer ones are designed for their own body which has smaller connections.

Back