UC products updates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THe UC Elessar crown was scrapped which stinks. It had to do with the fact that NC already had an Elessar crown. I don't quite understand the reasoning though since the NC crown was available when they posted prototype photos of their crown.

I for one really like the idea of MC shards. The original piece was only a LE so it would be nice for people that missed out to get the chance at this one.

leebgb said:
THe UC Elessar crown was scrapped which stinks. It had to do with the fact that NC already had an Elessar crown. I don't quite understand the reasoning though since the NC crown was available when they posted prototype photos of their crown.

I for one really like the idea of MC shards. The original piece was only a LE so it would be nice for people that missed out to get the chance at this one.

Never was a fan of NC's weapons, thus i resisted buying their crown and waited for UC to release theirs. It all seems to smooth sailing with the unveiling of the prototype which looks not bad with the pillow and stand. BUT sudd they gave a lame excuse that NC already had it and they couldn't compare in terms of price and market share.

Crap... i'm sure there are many like me who didnt get NC's and wanted to buy UC's if the price is not very far apart. I was so disappointed. I know there are many loyal UC collectors who would rather buy UC's crown than NC's.

IF the mace were made it would be 50 inches long but they are not planning to do it for now. But it's good to know that they will be doing the mini version. I would like to complete all the mini weapons since i know it's not possible for me to have all full scaled ones. So i hope they make all weapons possible into minis.

Personally I really resisted the notion of the NC crown, esp after hearing so much negative response from their weapons. I must say that in many ways I was pleasanty surprised. The things that stand out to me are, the quality of the die cast crown itself, the display box/plinth and the overall detail and weight. The only downsides I could find personally were that the crown is a tad small, the "gold" appears more like a bronze and the "wings" of the crown don't appear to be film accurate (the film crown appears to be scalloped on the backside). But for the price, it is a great item.

I have heard some comments that the crown isnt really that well fitted when worn. It's kind of too oval in shape than round.

Guess it doesnt matter so much if one is just displaying it. But just that some may prefer it to be wearable without any problems.

I didn't really buy mine to wear, but it is definately too small - however the UC Elendil helm is massive, so they both have their pros and cons.

noelleon69 said:
Never was a fan of NC's weapons, thus i resisted buying their crown and waited for UC to release theirs. It all seems to smooth sailing with the unveiling of the prototype which looks not bad with the pillow and stand. BUT sudd they gave a lame excuse that NC already had it and they couldn't compare in terms of price and market share.

Crap... i'm sure there are many like me who didnt get NC's and wanted to buy UC's if the price is not very far apart. I was so disappointed. I know there are many loyal UC collectors who would rather buy UC's crown than NC's.

IF the mace were made it would be 50 inches long but they are not planning to do it for now. But it's good to know that they will be doing the mini version. I would like to complete all the mini weapons since i know it's not possible for me to have all full scaled ones. So i hope they make all weapons possible into minis.

I agree. The quality on the 2 LOTR pieces (Sauron Ring Globe and Vial of Galadriel) I own from NC sucks. The spikes on Sauron's helm is so fragile and the Vial can't sit properly on the base (falls off with a slight shake). I really wanted to get the chess set, but cancelled because I was worried that the quality (lack of) will be the same. :cuss

Damn, I was really looking forward to the UC Elessar Crown,Theoden's Helm, and Sauron's Mace. :banghead

Luckily you didnt get the chess set. It's costly and looks so grand and all. BUT what i heard from those who had it, the chess pieces are so cheapo. Definately not worth the price.

I'm still hoping for the spear of Gil-Galad to be made one day.

Although it doesnt bother me that much, but i felt it would be nice if their minis were all to scale with one another. Some of the smaller weapons were scaled up so it's more visible, else it would just be too tiny next to the swords that were out at first.

Spears are not happening guys.
UC isn't even going to make Guthwine! Aeglos is not an alternative!

We still have yet to see who is going to make one of the bows owned by Legolas. We need his bow & quiver. Will this ever get made?

Apparently UC doesn't have the liscense to make bows so we won't be seeing any of those. I would have really liked to see a museum collection Legolas bow.

I'm still trying to get over no Theoden's helm. I wanted that one so bad. :sick

I agree, a MC bow would have been great. It is a shame, because there was a lot of detail on them.

the only chance to have movie prop accurate bows are if big companies like UC or Noble decides to get the license to make them. only then will they do the bow accurately cos new line will give them the props to refer to.

or else fans would just have to settle for custom made bows from bow makers out there, who makes the bows based on just looking at pics etc... which obviously wouldnt really be accurate.

UC did obtain the license for Bows AFTER regotiations of he first licensing agreement (Because the first batch of swords did SO well!)

But ultimately decided AGAINST them due to very serious concerns with their legal department....Other companies such as Museum Replicas also decided that it would be best 'legally' to steer clear of Bows.
I have the High Elven and Legolas Bow (Lothorian) from the Lord of the Rings Catalog (Davis-Panzer-Andersen)
They are OK.

Wow. :horror

I was always told they didn't have the license for bows. That's a shame that they couldn't have at least made the Legolas Lothlorien bow. It would look great in a MC wooden case.

And Another Thing!

The Horn of Boromir.

Even if it has to be non-functioning to be movie accurate. SOMEBODY must make this.

Kit said a Long time ago no Aiglos. Wanted to do it, but it just wasn't practical to make and distribute.
Glad I bought my NC crown a while back. Other than the slightly small size I love it.

No Guthwine sucks. No love for Eomer from sideshow or UC I guess.

Back