Tweeterhead - DC Super Powers Collection - General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Tweeterhead Batman Blue-Gray today and it is the best Batman statue ever produced IMO. Perfect rendition of classic Batman, great paint job, sweet pose, splendid anatomy; it's perfect! Tweeterhead gets so little attention on this forum and it amazes me what everyone on here wets themselves over...lol I'm happy as a lark.

I received my Tweeterhead Batman Blue-Gray today and it is the best Batman statue ever produced IMO. Perfect rendition of classic Batman, great paint job, sweet pose, splendid anatomy; it's perfect! Tweeterhead gets so little attention on this forum and it amazes me what everyone on here wets themselves over...lol I'm happy as a lark.

The scale unfortunately is too small for many of us to suit our particular collections, no matter how well done. And there’s only so much detail you can put into 1/6 scale statues. But Tweeterhead are certainly excellently priced for what you get, whereas Prime 1 pieces are getting a bit ridiculous where price is concerned. And at least with Tweeterhead, they’re likely to complete the main line up for peoples collections, unlike other companies.

For statues I myself primarily collect the larger scale stuff, but I’m also getting a large chunk of the 1/10 Iron Studios pieces, but that’s more or less to create a diorama display of sorts.

The scale unfortunately is too small for many of us to suit our particular collections, no matter how well done. And there’s only so much detail you can put into 1/6 scale statues. But Tweeterhead are certainly excellently priced for what you get, whereas Prime 1 pieces are getting a bit ridiculous where price is concerned. And at least with Tweeterhead, they’re likely to complete the main line up for peoples collections, unlike other companies.

For statues I myself primarily collect the larger scale stuff, but I’m also getting a large chunk of the 1/10 Iron Studios pieces, but that’s more or less to create a diorama display of sorts.

I definitely agree, the one exception I might make is for 1/6 xm pieces such as aquaman on his massive seahorse, the base and overall detail makes it more desirable to me although I prefer larger scale normally

I definitely agree, the one exception I might make is for 1/6 xm pieces such as aquaman on his massive seahorse, the base and overall detail makes it more desirable to me although I prefer larger scale normally

I think XM are pretty much going the Prime 1 route with big detailed bases. A few of them are almost dioramas.

But then again XM have long had big bases for some of their pieces.

Anyone know if the Cape issue with TH superman has been corrected with the newest batch? Its been a good while since I've heard anything about it and I havent seen any current YouTube reviews of the statue. Sideshow has it in stock now and I'm tempted to purchase it but I'm worried about the Cape issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Anyone know if the Cape issue with TH superman has been corrected with the newest batch? Its been a good while since I've heard anything about it and I havent seen any current YouTube reviews of the statue. Sideshow has it in stock now and I'm tempted to purchase it but I'm worried about the Cape issue.

Sideshow has the new/fixed version in stock. You'll notice the paint is way better on the new one, the S has a triangle instead of just a dot, and the cape is more flat/squared off than the old one but looks more attached to the suit instead of his skin. Overall a great improvement. The cape is a new designs so it fits and rests differently than the old one. The few that have gotten the new one are pleased with it. Hope that helps.

Here are some pics of the new version (not my pics)
s1.jpg
s2.jpg

For reference, here is the old version (my pics)
DSC01094.jpg
DSC01101.jpg

Sideshow has the new/fixed version in stock. You'll notice the paint is way better on the new one, the S has a triangle instead of just a dot, and the cape is more flat/squared off than the old one but looks more attached to the suit instead of his skin. Overall a great improvement. The cape is a new designs so it fits and rests differently than the old one. The few that have gotten the new one are pleased with it. Hope that helps.

Here are some pics of the new version (not my pics)
View attachment 467994
View attachment 467995

For reference, here is the old version (my pics)
View attachment 467996
View attachment 467997
Awesome! Thanks for that info and posting the pics. This is the first Time I've seen the updated version of this statue.

Yep, those are my pics, and while it's much improved in the paint apps, the cape doesn't really maintain the illusion that it's connected to the suit at all. It just kinda floats above the collar. It looks okay from a normal viewing distance but as you can see doesn't hold up under close inspection. Overall though it's much improved over the first version.

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_163544.jpg
    IMG_20191004_163544.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 125
Yep, those are my pics, and while it's much improved in the paint apps, the cape doesn't really maintain the illusion that it's connected to the suit at all. It just kinda floats above the collar. It looks okay from a normal viewing distance but as you can see doesn't hold up under close inspection. Overall though it's much improved over the first version.

May I ask what made you go with that DC line Wonder Woman rather than the Tweeterhead? Was it the neck seam? How does it hold up against TH stuff?

May I ask what made you go with that DC line Wonder Woman rather than the Tweeterhead? Was it the neck seam? How does it hold up against TH stuff?

I've had that DCDS WW for some time now (it's kind of a place holder :D ). I had the TH WW, put it together, saw the neck seam, and boxed it back up for return to SS. It's no wonder its on sale at BBTS. Generally speaking the TH stuff is a little larger than the DCD series, while the DCDS typically comes with a standard simple logo themed base. Paint quality is generally about the same, TH is probably a little better, but the DCDS pieces are $100 less. TH quality can be a little hit or miss at times, and their CS is just not up to the task. I recommend buying from SS, BBTS or EE whenever possible.

Attachments

• WW _seam.jpg
    WW _seam.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
It looks as if the cape has settled in after several days & it's sitting a bit more flush against the body now.

Attachments

• 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191010211358371_COVER.jpg
    00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191010211358371_COVER.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 239
I've had that DCDS WW for some time now (it's kind of a place holder :D ). I had the TH WW, put it together, saw the neck seam, and boxed it back up for return to SS. It's no wonder its on sale at BBTS. Generally speaking the TH stuff is a little larger than the DCD series, while the DCDS typically comes with a standard simple logo themed base. Paint quality is generally about the same, TH is probably a little better, but the DCDS pieces are $100 less. TH quality can be a little hit or miss at times, and their CS is just not up to the task. I recommend buying from SS, BBTS or EE whenever possible.

Great review, thanks! The problem comes when you want the ex on a TH piece...

Great review, thanks! The problem comes when you want the ex on a TH piece...

FYI - TH made the blue Batman EX available to another retailer (spec fiction I believe, 125 units) -AFTER advertising it as a TH website exclusive for a year- once it hit stateside.

...so you never know.

...especially with Tweeterhead.

The problem with DC Collectible statues is the inconsistency with the QC, it can look perfect or can look horrible.. it's a roll of the dice....

Update from TH FB yesterday:

"Hey Folks!

Ok, this is a current update and like I said...the factories are working overtime to move stuff!! I will be so excited to catch up and like I said before, before something goes on pre-safe it will be sampled in the factory to allow for proper timing!!!

Starfire - Early June
Robin, SM, Joker and Supergirl replacements - Late June
Wonder Woman - Late June
Pennywise - July
Green Lantern - July
Batgirl - July
Dark Knight - July/August
Shazam/Cheetah - Sept"

Back