Tusken Raider PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes-I have the gaffi stick! Problem is its with the reg edition that showed up and not the exlusive ed. I ordered

That's a good thing! At least we know that the regulars are complete, and this issue seems to be with just the exclusive.

My regular should show up either tomorrow or Monday. It's somewhere in IL at the moment.

Took me over 1/2 just to repack and close the box. What a pain. I hate trying to force the Styrofoam to close, it puts alot of pressure on the figure.

I'm not good at taking pics, I also resized them so there smaller. Eventhough I'm missing the gaffi stick, its still an awesome PF. I like the pose, and have no complaints. Another awesome edition to the SW PF, its gets better and better, SS best line.

tusk2bl8.jpg

ank1am3.jpg

Last edited:
Received my exclusive and guess what.....no gaffi stick here either...:banghead

Sorry to hear it man. SS should issue some kind of formal apology for this one, cause I think it's just unacceptable, even if it ends up only being a small portion that are missing the stick.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Not laughing at the customers, but just another HUGE QC miss.

I work in a factory, and we are responsible for delivering quality products to our customers. Such as it is, it's in our best interest to measure production yields and report on our defects. We have to work very hard in order to get QA's stamp of approval. QA can be your co-worker or your worst enemy if you try and slip something by them. Anyway, I wonder if SS asks for metrics from their Chinese factories. Those "QA inspected" stickers are starting to seem like a joke.

I can forgive damage incurred due to shipping, possibly even paint scratches during shipping, perhaps proto vs production pieces, but now missing parts on a significant portion of the initial shipment. I'd be willing to bet that the "QA inspected" sticker is located in the shipping/receiving area of the Chinese factories. :lol:lol:lol

It's not a QC issue. QC doesn't check each packed box, they spot check the pieces before packing. Frequently the non-exclusive pieces have empty slots, so I'm sure they thought this was normal - putting just the gaffi stick in the non-exclusive and just the rifle in the exclusive.

I'm sure SSC will get it sorted.

It's not that easy to dismiss Dave. Sounds like ZERO QA was performed on this run. Cause surely someone would have caught this if it was.

On the initial pieces, you would typically perform an FAI (first article inspection) on every piece of the first lot. If yields are good, you can back off to a spot check, say every serial that ends in "5", every 20th unit, etc. And if you have been building that product long enough, and you have a good record with minimal customer complaints, you MAY be able to omit QA altogether because your process has been proven.

This is hardly the situation we're talking about though. SS's record has been less than flawless when it comes to QA lately. I wasn't collecting SS when they wer first starting, but were there this many problems? At the prices we are paying, and recently the increased cost passed to the customer, why hasn't an improvement been made?

Something needs to be done, it's beyond obvious at this point. Otherwise, you have another FIASCO on your hands.

And I agree, SSC will surely make it right, like they do their best on most occasions, but how's that saying go, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." I may have that completely wrong, but you get my point.

Edit: And I guarantee paying someone a reasonable salary to act as an official INTERNATIONAL source inspector (travel/passport required) would be MUCH cheaper than trying to correct the problems after the fact. You always want to find failures/defects as early on in the process, not during production, shipping, or later.

Last edited:
Back