Turns out AVP had a big fan, you guys might have heard of ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if they retconned superman, i don't see it being a problem with aliens. unlikely that will happen....but still, it's not a big deal. superman, and now the hulk. word on the streets is the next spiderman is also heading towards the retcon route.

thank god for nolan's films. as much as i like the burton films, nolan's versions, imo, are MUCH MUCH better. i know, i haven't seen the dark knight yet, but i know it'll rock.

I still like the original Burton Batman a little better than Begins. Sure, I will freely admit that the "childhood nostalgia" factor kicks it up a notch ... which probably isn't fair to Begins. Plus, I will take the Joker over Scarecrow and Ra's any day. That being said, from the stuff I have seen of Ledger as the Joker, Dark Knight has the potentional to unseat Batman in my eyes. Time will tell.

QUINT: I remember before Paul W.S. Anderson did ALIEN VS PREDATOR it came out that you kind of made an offer to do another ALIEN film with Ridley Scott...
JAMES CAMERON: Yeah. Ridley and I talked about doing another ALIEN film and I said to 20th Century Fox that I would develop a 5th ALIEN film. I started working on a story, I was working with another writer and Fox came back to me and said, "We've got this really good script for ALIEN VS PREDATOR and I got pretty upset. I said, "You do that you're going to kill the validity of the franchise in my mind." Because to me, that was FRANKENSTEIN MEETS WEREWOLF. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other.
QUINT: Milking it, totally.
JAMES CAMERON: Milking it. So, I stopped work. Then I saw ALIEN VS PREDATOR and it was actually pretty good. (laughs) I think of the 5 ALIEN films, I'd rate it 3rd.
QUINT: Ummm...
JAMES CAMERON: I actually liked it. I actually liked it a lot.
QUINT: You know, I hate it when movies don't abide by the continuity of their series...
JAMES CAMERON: When they make up their own rules.
QUINT: Exactly. They did that a lot with the alien incubation time, where from egg to chestbuster it happened...
JAMES CAMERON: In minutes, yeah...
QUINT: That kind of stuff really pissed me off with the movie...
JAMES CAMERON: Well, it starts to become a video game. It's like, "Okay, that can be in him and that can show up over here..." It becomes more metaphorical or more comic book. I don't mean comic book in a negative way, I just mean that it's working at a kind of mythic, metaphoric level as opposed to really trying to immerse you in reality.
I mean, I felt when I was making ALIENS I think the same thing Ridley was doing with ALIEN, which is... "I'm going to make you think this is real." Even though it is completely ridiculous deep space adventure. We were going to make you feel like it's real. It's a question of does the film take itself seriously or not.

https://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22405

Came across this link while surfing. I have to admit I am surprised. I am not one of the AVP playa' hatas' - I thought it was good mindless fun. But I wouldn't have thought someone as technical and plot centric as Cameron would have gotten into it.

P.S. I also love how the interviewer is trying to tell Cameron he thinks it sucks, but can't bring himself to disagree with him ... classic.

Ok,if said he really liked it a lot,then it really pisses me off that he said this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnS7CGWNmU

" I simply want people to realize 2 facts: "there are people who enjoyed Requiem (keep in mind, I never said I loved AVP 1 ... just that it was entertaining for the fights and mindless violence/ FXs) and that their opinions are just as valid as those who hated Requiem.

And this mentality is what FOX hopes for when it makes half assed movies to sell in the box office and on DVD, sorry but most of us are pretty passionate about the series and hate the onslaught of poor attempts to revive the 2 franchises, i really think the movie deserves a credible director not P.A and not 2 brothers who are visual effects artists directing for the first time.

My opinion only man, dont take it as an attack but you like them, i dont

We can agree to disagree mate, Sorry if it sounded harsh or something i dont want you to think bad of me man its not really worth arguing about

Last edited:
Back