trying to hook up with a girl, in tricky circumstances

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a solid piece of advice: Don't over think things. Girls you're star-struck for can completely gum up your works, turning you into an akward, way-too-agreeable zombie. You can be your own worst enemy. Project confidence to lure attraction and provide challenge to maintain it. If thing's don't come together pretty naturally and easily; the ones that are into you will subconsciously make things easier, try another girl and save yourself the hassle.

For understanding when it's socially acceptable to date someone younger then you, follow this rule: 1/2 your age + 7. If she's under that magic number, back away from the cradle.

So you being 16, could feasibly date a 15 year old without it being frowned upon.

what do you look like?

im not posting any headshots, :lol but i can honestly say (hopefully without sounding like a conceeded jerk) i am good looking. i work out/kickbox 3 days a week so i am fit and well built all that, but looks arent everything. they are usually second to most girls ive noticed. first being personality.

wrong.

If they are not attracted to you in the first place, they will snob your ass. I work with a lot of girls, and all they talk about is how good looking a person is and what not.

Second, in order to know a person, you have to be persistent. Dont be a puzzy and just stand 50 feet away and ponder. Go up to her and say "I really liked you speech blah blah blah... " And then go on for more conversation. Make sure to make a lot of eye contacts. Smile a lot to let them know you are trustworthy and friendly. Listen to what she says and expand on that topic. Ask a lot of questions. Girls love guys that ask alot of questions. It shows interest.

I can go on for more but gotta study. Good luck.

wrong.

If they are not attracted to you in the first place, they will snob your ass. I work with a lot of girls, and all they talk about is how good looking a person is and what not.

i dont know about this girl though. i dont think shes like that. i think thats why i like her so much, shes kind of the "sweetheart" type

9th grade is too early to date. :lecture

This is the best advice you can possibly get. She is still far to impressionable for you to actually be able to offer her a fair chance at deciding on whether the relationship is right for her. Bide your time and just be friendly when you see her until she has a chance to better prepair herself for the dating scene.

my school sucks we dont get homecoming, so i have to try to find other ways. i have to be creative. maybe ill drop in from the cieling or somthing

:rotfl oh yea thats great, man I dunno just start talkin to her, you need to get to know her before you can make an honest assessment of wether you like her or not bro

:rotfl oh yea thats great, man I dunno just start talkin to her, you need to get to know her before you can make an honest assessment of wether you like her or not bro

yeah man. im gonna plan on monday (tomarrow is a P.A. day for my school) my "attack" :lol. i usually see her walk up to the door, so ill hold the door open for her and introduce myself and then ill take the rest from there. Thanks for all your help/varied opinions they have been a huge help. :)

toyreveewer, i'm not gonna patronize u with a "but you're too young" speech. u wanted advice as a man, i'll give u advice as a man...

a couple of simple rules:
1. project confidence. since u work out regularly, it's easier for u to project confidence. walk with a purposeful stride, give a firm (but not crushing) handshake, look people in the eye when u speak to them (but don't stare), smile once in a while to the person you're talking to, throw in their name during a conversation. and always be firm but fair and polite in all your dealings with people. that gains u respect and in turn u increase your own self-respect. it does wonders for how women perceive u.

2. practice kindness and compassion for people and animals. always be civil and gracious towards service staff like waiters and cleaners. humility is a very attractive quality. women DO notice these things, especially the non-superficial, nice girls.

3. whatever u do, always keep it light and fun when you're with this girl. don't scare her with any dark thoughts or emotions, or any heavy topics that make u out to be a sourpuss or a bitter type. humour is a great way to get anyone at ease with u, though it's not easy if you're crazy about a girl. i understand, most of us have been there before. just try talking about stuff that makes you laugh and it should take off from there. project positivity and she'll respond in kind.

that's pretty much it. sounds easier than it is to actually put into action, but it's definitely do-able.

good luck, man. she sounds like a great gal. go for it!

Do the P P dance for her and politely ask her to bone. If she's not down then move on to the next. :lecture

I would work on just befriending her and not dating. If you don't know much about her, you may find out you don't really have as much in common as you think. Just work on being friends first, especially being so young.

I give you kudos though for looking beyond her "disablity". Not many guys your age would do that. :)

i dont know about this girl though. i dont think shes like that. i think thats why i like her so much, shes kind of the "sweetheart" type

No one looks at someone and says "You know, I find that person physically repulsive... Maybe I should get to know them?"

Mistake No.1: Women are just as driven by their hormones as men, so assuming you're going to fall in love based upon some cosmic aligning of the stars like you're living some sappy teen ABC After-School Movie is plain silly. Walk up to her, be confident, and spit some game....

Here are a few more items that you may wish to acquire in order to be noticed by today's teen/early 20's female:

1. Raised Ford F-150 with some stupid sticker on the back window
2. A boat with a wake-board
3. New Era ball cap preferably with a straight brim in some solid color that really doesn't go with the team logo on the front

Now I know why I couldn't quote a few postings, they were just removed. Guess I won't be commenting then. :lol

Now I know why I couldn't quote a few postings, they were just removed. Guess I won't be commenting then. :lol

Ween gets hooked on me daily here on the boards, I keep having to turn down the pizza date constantly though.

She can feel the beastly just oozing through this post as you read it. :lecture

Your gonna have a rough life here on the boards, just saying...

Don't say I didn't warn yah :D :peace

im not on here everyday, more like whenever i need help with something like this. once a year maybe? :hi5:
besides..

picture.php
:lol

Last edited:
Befriend her first. Then see if she's worth it....she might be beautiful....but she might be a total ******.

If she's everything you hope for...then ask her out.

But becareful that ur not TO friendly...cuz then u'll be stuck in the............FRIEND ZONE! O___O

And who cares if other people think u like her cuz "u feel bad"....if u like her cuz of who she is, then tell her. ____ everyone else. And if she doesn't like u back...then whatever....your young....and still haven't experience UNI...yet....thats where all the real ____ goes down. :lecture

Remember this....life is short and u only live once! So Carpe Diem my friend.

Back