trying to hook up with a girl, in tricky circumstances

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah young love! i was such a dweeb in HS. so many girls i just wanted to talk to and didn't have the guts. once i graduated the world was mine however. lol.

seriously, if you just see her and say "hey, my name is ___" then its a good start. young people naturally like to make friends, so its not going to look weird introducing yourself.

If you need specifics, telling her she did a good job on her presentation (without dwelling on the topic) is probably a good compliment that she would like. As her what she likes to do outside of school and invite her on a date with other friends.

The other thing you could do is see if you have a mutual friend...and use them to introduce you.

Good luck!

I will tell you though from experience. Chicks don't dig stalkers. So if your gonna say hello, just go up and do it. In the old days before I got guts I used to follow them around...trying to muster the right words to say. This freaks them out...yeah I know, who knew?

Try to find out who her friends are, and if you know any of them (or any of your friends do). You could then get "invited" to something that a bunch of people are doing (including her ofcourse). That way you could talk to her, it wouldn't be awkward, and she would feel comfortable since she is in a group.

That's essentially how I met my wife.

:lecture, that's where I would start, if you want this to work it's gonna take some time as well, get into the conversation once introduced with her tell her that she did a great job on the cancer presentation but do it in a non stalker way...

Then she'll actually know who you are, by passing the hallway give a smile or a wave after the acknowledge has been done and then over a few weeks or so maybe months after making conversating with her, feel out the situation if she's responsive and actually comes up to you and starts a conversation then you know that you in.

It's a no brainer from there, ask her out the next time you see but you are going to have develop this slowly, if it's instant and right off the bat, it's gonna be approach as a freak/stalker sort of way and she doesn't even know who you are, what your interest could be and that you could be a cool person to either 1) be a friend with 2) more than friends...

I hope that helps,

SkiSmalls

Don't knock McDonald's. Everyone has to start somewhere. I have a lot more respect for someone who has a job than someone with no job. Complimenting her speech is great advice and would be an excellent ice breaker.

im only knocking it cause i sorta tease my dad about working there and the stories he told me. but yeah ill probibly end up working there by summer :gah:

as long as its not mcdonlds i think i can survive it. :lol

Don't knock McDonald's. Everyone has to start somewhere. I have a lot more respect for someone who has a job than someone with no job. Complimenting her speech is great advice and would be an excellent ice breaker.

Do you have muscle? McDonalds will work... :exactly: :rotfl

So we are helping a 16 year old hook up with a 13/14 year old beautiful one-legged cancer survivor...

have you tried writing a note that says "Will you go out with me?" with two boxes one that says "Yes" and one that says "No"?

I never worked there, but I was a weekend janitor at an old movie theatre during high school. Not sure what else might be available in your area. I worked at a drive-in movie theatre in college. Working at a movie theatre would probably be "cooler" than working at McDonalds.

Skiman gave good advice, too. Take it slow and try to gauge her reaction to you. She sounds like a strong girl, so i'm sure this won't be an issue, but most of the time if a boy came up to talk to me, I thought he was making fun of me. He/they weren't, but I had such low self esteem, I read it that way. I would figuratively "run away", but that was my problem, not theirs.

Good luck!

Working at a movie theatre would probably be "cooler" than working at McDonalds.

Skiman gave good advice, too. Take it slow and try to gauge her reaction to you. She sounds like a strong girl, so i'm sure this won't be an issue, but most of the time if a boy came up to talk to me, I thought he was making fun of me. He/they weren't, but I had such low self esteem, I read it that way. I would figuratively "run away", but that was my problem, not theirs.

yeah most of my friends work at a movie theatre near my house. And i was afraid of coming off like a jerk making fun of her or sumthing. my definition of being "akward" towards her would be to draw attention to those things and thats why its so hard to figure out something right to say. she seems like a shy girl, but im a shy guy as well. its tricky.

yeah most of my friends work at a movie theatre near my house. And i was afraid of coming off like a jerk making fun of her or sumthing. my definition of being "akward" towards her would be to draw attention to those things and thats why its so hard to figure out something right to say. she seems like a shy girl, but im a shy guy as well. its tricky.
It is very tricky. If you make it to conversation #2, I think movies are good to talk about. I guess I have a theme, here.

Just go up to her and say "Hi". Talk about the speech she gave and go from there.

Just be confident in yourself and eveything will go smooth...like Keith Stone. :lecture

Keith-Stone2-265x300.jpg
:D

if you could you already would. :lol:wink1:

watch yourself man, i have one colored hair on my chin and thats an acomplishment. :lol no i dont want a cheesy teenage mustache i try to avoid it. all of my friends have one and they think they are real bad asses :slap

9th grade is too early to date. :lecture

:lol most kids are having sex now in the 7th or 8th grade. anyway dont just walk up and say do you want to go out. talk to her first and become friends. make hints that you like here though. then in a week or two ask here out. dont seem to eager.

:lol most kids are having sex now in the 7th or 8th grade.

sadly, this is actually true. i once knew a girl who was a friend of my sister's and she had sex in the 8 grade and everyone found out. she needed to move schools and everything

what do you look like?

hey fellas. been a while since i started a thread here, but im in a little crisis and stupid friends cant help me :lol. so, i thought why not come here to a familiar and friendly place where i can get more than one opinion.

So, basically i am trying to hook up with a girl, but doing it is harder than i expected because this is no ordinary "boyfriend-girlfriend" thing. I just turned 16 in February and i am in grade 11. There is a girl who ive seen now, maybe three or four times, including one time where she spoke at a cancer presentation in our school (she is actually a cancer survivor and is missing her leg below the knee) and she is beautiful. She unfortunately, is only in grade 9, doesn't share any of the same classes with me or even lunch, and so as you can imagine its gonna be hard to approach her without seeming like an awkward "helper" rather than a friend/boyfriend type. Im afraid that if i could muster up the courage to talk to her, people around us would think its just because i feel bad for her, which of course is not my intention at all, i just want to get to know her. But my main question is, what the hell do i say to her? I really have NO clue, and i dont want to be awkward either. :dunno

so, can any of you sideshow freaks tell me anything i dont already know (i.e. ; sharing common interests, talking to her friends/teachers ect.)
if only batman where here to solve this problem :(

Back