TRUE BLOOD - on HBO - SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great episode last night. So much hotness. Can't believe only one episode left and we have to wait 2 weeks. :mad:

I :love Eric. :) There is no way in bloody hell that he dies - so I am curious how that is all going to play out.

Just pointing out a couple things said in the finale preview clip...but if you try to avoid those...don't read:

Spoiler Spoiler:

What a great episode last night. So much hotness. Can't believe only one episode left and we have to wait 2 weeks. :mad:

I :love Eric. :) There is no way in bloody hell that he dies - so I am curious how that is all going to play out.

really? i thought last nights episode was kinda bleh. usually the last two episodes of a season are packed with awesomeness; hopefully the finale will be top notch :rock

really? i thought last nights episode was kinda bleh. usually the last two episodes of a season are packed with awesomeness; hopefully the finale will be top notch :rock

The strangest part of this season, is that they spent a LOT of time...even since like the first season 3 episode...building to next season. I highly doubt the Jesus story line will conclude in the finale. I highly doubt the were panther issue will be resolved. We also got the big Sam Merlot pre-True Blood character reveal. We have a lot of dangling werewolf story lines.

This finale either has to be 3 hours long, leave 90% of the season for next year, or just pretend most of this season never happened.

Just pointing out a couple things said in the finale preview clip...but if you try to avoid those...don't read:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought he had said that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep, I heard what Jen heard...

Spoiler Spoiler:

So is next week just one hour or two?

Spoiler Spoiler:

The finale is in 2 weeks - Sept. 12. They are not showing it this coming Sunday since it is Labor Day weekend.

And it's only one hour. :(

The finale is in 2 weeks - Sept. 12. They are not showing it this coming Sunday since it is Labor Day weekend.

And it's only one hour. :(

I hate previews because like this one, they pretty much assure as what we most likely know anyway. Then again even if certain characters were to die or survive they can always write in something they can come back from the dead if "blah blah blah" were to happen or take place for "blah blah blah." I mean this show has were cats, wolves, vampires, and changers, so why not that? Has Joss Whedon taught as anything when it comes to supernatural/vampire shows?

Last edited:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hmm I gotta listen to that again....I am almost positive that Bill said "Eric IS well". Its gonna be hard to distinguish between the two though, since Bill has the fake southern draw that is sometimes a tiny bit over done.

In other words, is could sound like as, and as could sound like is.

I hate previews because like this one, they pretty much assure as what we most likely know anyway. Then again even if certain characters were to die or survive they can always write in something they can come back from the dead if "blah blah blah" were to happen or take place for "blah blah blah." I mean this show has were cats, wolves, vampires, and changers, so why not that? Has Joss Whedon taught as anything when it comes to supernatural/vampire shows?

While I admit, the concept of ressurection wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility, I don't think they will/would bring back a dead vamp. Its called "the true death" and I doubt they would want to start playing with the possibility of over coming the true death. Would just muddle up the continuity and confuse everyone with "is that vampire ACTUALLY dead" every time they killed one off.

I'm still hearing "as well" but then you never know...and well we do know he doesn't die.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tcrqLyW4Dak?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tcrqLyW4Dak?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yea, you have to listen in context too, and in the inflection - he's saying "as". Eric isn't actually dead - we all know that. But it's not uncommon for these sort of previews to try to fool you into thinking something by the way the set up the context of quotes and video.

I'm still hearing "as well" but then you never know...and well we do know he doesn't die.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tcrqLyW4Dak?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tcrqLyW4Dak?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Im hearing "is" more than "as"...however, there is a possible explaination for Bill saying "eric as well" even though we know he's still alive.

Eric betrayed his queen, swore fealty to a mad vampire, killed a KING vampire, and knows way too much about how much the Authority knows. Basically...would the authority just let Eric go? As Eric himself said it would be a lot easier to blame him then for the Authority to admit that they lost control of a vampire king. The authority used Eric's need for vengeance to kill Russel and then would probably tie the whole thing up in a neat little bow by blaming Eric and making a public display (execution).

So...it's possible Bill is covering for Eric so that Eric can disappear?

Im hearing "is" more than "as"...however, there is a possible explaination for Bill saying "eric as well" even though we know he's still alive.

Eric betrayed his queen, swore fealty to a mad vampire, killed a KING vampire, and knows way too much about how much the Authority knows. Basically...would the authority just let Eric go? As Eric himself said it would be a lot easier to blame him then for the Authority to admit that they lost control of a vampire king. The authority used Eric's need for vengeance to kill Russel and then would probably tie the whole thing up in a neat little bow by blaming Eric and making a public display (execution).

So...it's possible Bill is covering for Eric so that Eric can disappear?

I've thought that too - and it would make sense.....then Eric can hide out with Sookie. :)

Yea, you have to listen in context too, and in the inflection - he's saying "as". Eric isn't actually dead - we all know that. But it's not uncommon for these sort of previews to try to fool you into thinking something by the way the set up the context of quotes and video.

See I dont think we can tell anything from the inflection. You might be right and he is saying "as" but he could definately say "is" with the same inflection. Remember, Eric put Sookie in harms way (for a greater good, but at the possible cost of Sookie's life). So, its possible Bill is saying "IS" with a bit of contempt. Possibly Sookie of all people asking how Eric was (since he already thinks she has feelings for Eric).

The Authority will use Eric's killing of Russell as a positive with the human population, where their PR has already taken the hit for losing control of a vamp. What they were willing to blame on Eric, and what they don't want coming to light, is Russel's other plans around overthrowing the Authority itself and his killing of the Magister. That would undermine them with the vamp community as well. If Eric suceeds in killing Russel, then they can pin the Magister's death on him as well. It helps that it's true of course, but not really relevant. Then they can use Eric as a poster child to the humans, and avoid a nasty issue with the vamp community as well.

I think that the Authority plans on making Eric a hero if he's successful. If not, they'd cut him loose and claim ignorance - that's what governments do all the time, no? They might prefer him to be a martyr than a living hero, but either way they'll be happy. Eric may go underground still - but I don't think it will be to hide from the Authority. He may need to be kept away while he heals, to avoid issues with Russel's followers.

Sophie Ann is more likely the one to get hit with lots of blame out of this, since the Authority knows of her v selling ways, and will want her out of the picture. Also, from a script perspective, I believe Sophie Ann is currenlty the only vampire outside the circle (Eric, Bill, Pam) that knows of Sookie's lineage. Killing her off would allow the writers to tidy things up a bit - and besides, this whiny TV show version needs to get killed.

So that's my prediction - Eric okay but needs to hide out for awhile to avoid retribution from Russel's group (and Sookie needs to take care of him, of course), Sophie Ann and Russell both dead.

And I doubt we've seen the last of Debbie Van Pelt...and we might see some additional set up for next season around the witches.

Yea, I think for the book readers Sophie Ann is generally one of the disappointments. So was so much better in the books...of course, there are other characters I think are much better on the show, like Jason. But yea, they can off Sophie Ann and I wouldn't be upset.

In the spirit of werewolves and werepanthers Ive made a random list of were-creatures I'd like to see in this show and why:

Werebears: Serious power!

WereLions: Serious Power also!

Weremoose: I love a good rack!

Wereelephant: Curious what appendage becomes the trunk....

Weremice: Only were-creature that can stop the were-elephants

Werekangaroo: Why the hell not

Werehumans: I always thought...wouldnt it be cool if dogs could transform into humans and called themselves werehumans?

Wereboobs: Cause...well...wouldnt it be cool if a chick could transform into a giant pair of boobs?

Werestick: more of a supporting role...you know..so werehumans have something to hit things with...

And...thats my list.

Wasn't totally in love with the season finale, but the season overall was extremely strong.

Wished it would've ended with Bill throwing Eric into the conrete. Awesome scene.

HATE that we have to wait until next year to find out what happens between Sophie-Anne and Bill.

Sookie transported to "fairy land?"

Jason leading the were-panther trailer park?

Tara...cut her hair.

The wait for season 4 begins!

Back