Tron Legacy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to say i had really high expectations of the film and normally when i go with that into a film i come out disappointed - star wars prequels, indiana jones 4, star trek 90210, terminator 3+4 ... and the list goes on!

with tron i really had NO idea what to expect, i avoided all trailers and previews except for the comic con sneak peak which isn't even in the film and i must say i was BLOWN away by it - this film managed to bring something back the other remakes/reboots were missing: childhood memories

instead of seeing something awesome from my childhood get belittled and insulted, this paid some amazing homage to the original film as well as recaptured tron as it was meant to be seen

the acting is not the greatest but for a film like this it worked for me, the visuals, sounds and fight choreography is MIND BLOWING, I’m still “high” from it! (last film that did that to me was dark knight)

the soundtrack was just .. again, wow - daft punk was the PERFECT choice for this soundtrack, i mean whoever made that call deserves some serious recognition, of course so do the DP boys :)

the architecture of the film is just WOW … I mean the whole thing was SO well crafted, I couldn’t tell where the greenscreen began or finished, or what was added in or on actual film (also the lighting crew did some AMAZING work imo)

the BIGGEST and ONLY complain I have is CLU 2.0, that was very, very poorly done – it reminded me of the bad harry potter CGI that stabs you like a thorn in your eyes – I wish they had used the technique from xmen 3 to make bridges look younger, his face just looked like a cheap plastic doll with waxy glaze all over it

overall this film was really awesome, somewhere in the 7.5-8/10 range

not exactly sure what’s stuck up the critiques rear end but this film absolutely defines entertainment for me - 20 years worth of wait did pay off :)

Last edited:
Tron: Legacy rocked. Unfortunately they pulled a " Star Wars: A New Hope" with this movie and left so many unanswered question pertaining to both "The Grid" and the real world that the movie feels severely unifinished and lacking. On top of this if you haven't read the comic and played the game you'll be sorely lost because you won't know jack about what's going on. They try to do their best to cover everything in flashbacks, but it doesnt' aways work. I almost feel jyped, despite my love for this movie, that this movie set up so many questions and really didn't bother to answer any thing because they automatically think there will be a sequel.

On top of this they set this up to be a trilogy/franchise that is supposed to be their "Star Wars", a series that is incredibly hard to mimic correctly. They do however manage to work the what the crap is going on angle like "A New Hope" did, but at this time with all the confusion from not having gathered the desired ...info from all the tie-ins that who will care?

I love this movie, I love this series for all it's faults and it's glories, but Disney may have handicapped them selves by setting this up to rely too heavily on its tie-ins. I know they wanted to expand the universe and make it immersive and wonderful but there is such a thing as going too far. All this aside, the visuals rocked, the story (what little there was that wasn't left for a series of sequels, comics and a cartoon) was good. I just hope they can manage to answer all the unanswered questions, because they may have done some irreversible damage by making the story a bit too contrived. I really love this movie, but (unitellegible curses) I hate the fact they couldn't have managed to at least answer half the questions they'd set up going in.

List of questions that I saw weren't answered:
1. What is the Sea of Simulation and what is it capable of
2. Why was the Sea of Simulation so important and then ... forgotten in the movie completely, except for being named by Flynn.
3. Why are the ISO's so danged important (other than being a self generated bit of awesome, granted I might have missed this)
4. What is C.L.U.'s motivation to ...
5. How does Flynn's ...
6. How is any of that possible?
7. According to the prequel comic (Tron Betrayal) C.L.U. destroys the Sea of Simulation, so how is it able to ...

Okay so after this point some of these questions I know are sequel teasers. I actually left some out because of that. The ones I did however put up and censored should have been answered in the film seeing as though the comic and the game set it up to answer all of this. Keep in mind I am absolutely in love with this film.

My last word on this is that I kept hearing the same question coming out of the theater; "Why is it called Tron? And who is that to begin with?" A movie named for a character who is yes, in the movie, he has an awesome fight scene, and he's in it for all of ten minutes. He's also the best looking of the Digitally De-Aged characters, looking just like Boxleitner did in the 80's. But this will be what most feel after coming out of the movie, even those who love it. But this is again all just my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to get your wish to get all those answers

I think they purposefully left some things unexplained--when you're creating a story that is completely impossible, you shouldn't get too bogged down with explanation, and I'm actually glad they didn't do that. I was a bit concerned whether people who knew nothing about Tron would have trouble following the story, but I went with my Dad (who knows absolutely nothing about it) and he said it wasn't confusing at all.

As for the tie-ins, I've played the game, it has nothing essential to the story at all, the only important thing in the game is the part that explains how CLU went bad, and that's in the movie as well, the rest of it is irrelevant.

@ DarthViper, yeah I get that some of these things are of course sequel/cartoon cliff hangers. But the comic and the video game set up the ISO's as being vitally important ... but why? We will see. I certainly hope that a sequel is coming because this movie really did blow me away.

SPOILERS:

TRON 2 was really good.
The first 45 minutes rocked. I loved the stuff about Flynn going missing and his son talking with Alan, etc. Once in the computer world, it was great and nonstop until they went to visit Zuse. That was an AWFUL sequence and the music during it was even worse. It slowed down the pace and Castor/Zuse was just annoying. No need for him at all.

It finally picked up again during the air battle but the ending was not that climatic. When Tron turned blue in the water after saving Flynn, I thought for sure he would return and battle Clu. Never happened.

It could have been great if only for a couple of things.

What it needed:
- The original theme music in some way. I was very surprised they did not rehash any of the classic themes. Daft Punk did a pretty good job but it was not an epic score.
- A final disc battle between blue Tron and Clu. I really thought Tron was going to be in it at the end after turning to the blue Tron. Very dissapointed there was no big battle at the end.
- More tank action! They were barely even in it!
- Dillinger's son. I would have thought they would have used his character in the computer world in some way.

Overall, I liked it a lot and it was much better than I expected, especially the first half.

Last edited:
I'm not sure this is a spoiler thread--be careful what you post

Anyways, on those few things:

Spoiler Spoiler:

i have to say i had really high expectations of the film and normally when i go with that into a film i come out disappointed - star wars prequels, indiana jones 4, star trek 90210, terminator 3+4 ... and the list goes on!

with tron i really had NO idea what to expect, i avoided all trailers and previews except for the comic con sneak peak which isn't even in the film and i must say i was BLOWN away by it - this film managed to bring something back the other remakes/reboots were missing: childhood memories

instead of seeing something awesome from my childhood get belittled and insulted, this paid some amazing homage to the original film as well as recaptured tron as it was meant to be seen

the acting is not the greatest but for a film like this it worked for me, the visuals, sounds and fight choreography is MIND BLOWING, I’m still “high” from it! (last film that did that to me was dark knight)

the soundtrack was just .. again, wow - daft punk was the PERFECT choice for this soundtrack, i mean whoever made that call deserves some serious recognition, of course so do the DP boys :)

the architecture of the film is just WOW … I mean the whole thing was SO well crafted, I couldn’t tell where the greenscreen began or finished, or what was added in or on actual film (also the lighting crew did some AMAZING work imo)

the BIGGEST and ONLY complain I have is CLU 2.0, that was very, very poorly done – it reminded me of the bad harry potter CGI that stabs you like a thorn in your eyes – I wish they had used the technique from xmen 3 to make bridges look younger, his face just looked like a cheap plastic doll with waxy glaze all over it

overall this film was really awesome, somewhere in the 7.5-8/10 range

not exactly sure what’s stuck up the critiques rear end but this film absolutely defines entertainment for me - 20 years worth of wait did pay off :)

Pretty much my thoughts exactly!!!
(except I actually saw all trailers, interviews, previews and whatnot :lol)
Absolutely amazing film!!! Yep, the critics don't get it!!
This is what movies are supposed to do... WOW the audience...
very few movies can accomplish this nowadays...
This movie is the most beautifully crafted, designed movie I have EVER seen...
Gonna see it again today!!! :yess::yess::yess:

<embed src="https://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:607246" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=vid%3D607246%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A607246" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0px;padding:4px;width:500px;text-align:center;font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="https://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a> - <a href="https://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></div>

<embed src="https://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:607246" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=vid%3D607246%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A607246" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0px;padding:4px;width:500px;text-align:center;font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="https://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a> - <a href="https://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></div>

:clap:clap:clap

thats awesome.

Super fun movie. The last 15 minutes were just wow....Jeff Bridges face was awesome. :D

Clu's effect sucked, but I got over it. Great movie. And to the person who said the music sucked during the End of Line club's scene.....you need to get your ears waxed with a coat hanger. :lol

Derezzed in that scene RULED.

I'm not sure this is a spoiler thread--be careful what you post

Anyways, on those few things:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Olivia Wilde..... :drool :drool

Not yet, but will do tonight?
Will you be able to see it in theaters?
I hope so my friend! :pray:

Yes, I will be able to but I think it will be a while. The IMAX theater closest to me seems to get the films after they have had their theatrical run everywhere else in my area. :lol:rotfl I did speak with someone at the theater about the film already. I was told it will be shown in 3D at their theater!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!:D It will be my first time ever seeing a 3D film! :D And what a film to start with! :D

I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!! :D

End of line. :D

Nick

Last edited:
My biggest issue is that the world no longer felt like you were inside a computer. This review really sums it up:

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Seq...-Tron-Legacy-Isn-t-As-Good-As-TRON-22266.html

Yes I think some of my gripes with this movie are in this article.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back