Trick or Treat - WARNING: Possible spoilers ahead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trick or Treat

With all these good reviews why in the hell did the studio execs not think it was worthy enough for a theatrical release?

Bought my copy on Bluray today at Best Buy. No cute girl there to ask out, though. I'll watch it alone in shame later. :(

No shame in Anna.

With all these good reviews why in the hell did the studio execs not think it was worthy enough for a theatrical release?

SUPPOSEDLY cause there is a high body count for kids.(rumor as to why the didn't release in the theater) I don't buy that though. Too bad the movie didnt get the respect it deserves. Maybe when they look at the DVD sales, (if good) they'll think differently in the future about these kinda movies.

There is a $25.00 gift card code for Sideshow in the Blu-Ray copy that I picked up from Best Buy today. There were no Blu-Ray copies on the shelf, I found mine on one of their little carts that they use to stock the shelves.

Anyone know if the Sideshow card is a Best Buy exclusive? This is the first I've heard of it... :confused:

I just finished watching this movie!!
Wow!!! :rock
I can't believe this movie didn't get a Theatrical Release...
with all the stupid "horror" movies that somehow make in into theaters nowadays...
I absolutely loved this one!! Awesome!!!
:rock:rock!!!

Can happily say now that I have finally seen Trick R' Treat, and what a blast it was. This film did not disappoint in any way. Definitely on my must see list every year for Halloween season now. And I only had to go to one Best Buy, one Fry's, and call two more Best Buys before I found a copy on bluray! By the way, I was given three different stories on stock status at each of the Best Buys. Great service there, right?

I did get a $25 gift card for Sideshow in my bluray, but I don't know if it was a Best Buy exclusive. The disc says "Special Edition" which I assume to be the inclusion of a digital copy.

Anyway, great film! :D

Thanks man. Could use the laugh. :(

I forgive you for short-bashing Freddy the other day. I'm sorry for my conduct as well. Truce?

WTF for?! :dunno:lol

There's no need. I don't have a vagina. I never take anything out of a thread, let alone carry it with me the next day. :p

Just finished it. I was a bit let down cause of the hype probably. Still a good Halloween flick. (but i can see why it went straight to DVD) I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as hood as i had hoped. At least it was something fresh as far as Halloween type movies go, and i recommend it.

7.5 /10

Rented this tonight and while I loved what the movie was trying to do, it was kinda disjointed. I have no problem with the storylines rotating, it just didnt serve any real purpose. Characters were there, then gone.....I'd give it a C+ for a great look, interesting atmosphere, but I wanted characters I could care about. For me, that was what was missing in this flick

I ended up loving it. It was a nice throwback kind of anthology, much better than most of the horror movies we've been getting in recent years.

I watched it last night with some friends (after having seen it at SDCC) and have to say I liked it even better on a second viewing. I noticed a lot more of the background stuff, including the

Spoiler Spoiler:

I always enjoy when they provide clues like that to any 'twists', so you have ample opportunity to figure it out if you're paying attention. There's about a million of them with the girls!

I watched it last night with some friends (after having seen it at SDCC) and have to say I liked it even better on a second viewing. I noticed a lot more of the background stuff, including the

Spoiler Spoiler:

I always enjoy when they provide clues like that to any 'twists', so you have ample opportunity to figure it out if you're paying attention. There's about a million of them with the girls!
The hints are pretty cool, I caught a ton of them from girls on the second viewing.

Watched it tonight with a few people over the house and it just wrapped up. I'll be honest. Both of my guests didn't like it. I thought it was okay but a little overrated on these boards. It reminded me of a big screen version of Nickelodeon's "Are You Afraid of The Dark" only slightly kicked up a notch.

I thought it was great. Had the same sort of childhood glee I did when I watched the first Creepshow movie...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nevertheless, it was still fun. :D

I thought it was great. Had the same sort of childhood glee I did when I watched the first Creepshow movie...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Really?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Again though, that in no way ruined the movie. It kicked ass in a pulpy fiction kinda way. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back