Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT sort of does similar, before they used to offer one version of a figure and take it or leave it, now, they do a fair number where there's a "bare bones" version, and then a more "deluxe version".

Thing to remember is that ToTS, like HT, is charging more to have the more inclusive package, the difference is, ToTS total price comes in cheaper than "bare bones" figures out of other companies.

Luckily there's a niche in the 1/6 market filling in with quality, but affordable figures. Look at the ThreeZero Power Rangers, granted they're accessory light like the '78 Myers, but they're also comparably priced. Under $200 for a high end 1/6 figure today seemed inconceivable for a long time before ToTS and ThreeZero.

That set looks nice! I like how they include green coveralls as well. I personally like the blue as that's the color they appeared in the majority of the movie but nice bonus for those who like the prop/wardrobe color. Very well thought out.

See now I am torn.

I really like the stylized SS headsculpt . I know that makes me the outlier.

So far , the quality issue is the real decider.

Good thing there seems to be a ton of TOT figures around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes, the great coverall color debate. Depending on what Blu-ray/DVD you watch, it will look different...

Pretty sure this is from the first Blu-ray released in 2007

5nPOcphY8KZt2y3r8iybWcMBArzmRy5qNIFp-3TdGekkGJFI0VLvGY23S3G6SS-nyedHJlB90aO88SjZSovC2q0kD_0qhX0TTWOXRWHgqYBpizTUwGCMv7UCfZKIgXM3n2dN

2013 35th anniversary Blu (the new UHD also has the same color timing) supervised by Cundey

4CCJwSoka-t1MidZ5kE7UMt_5qReJhDrJXtM_0g4XaafNIJ114NHF4L3zyihHFNiYuJsbXVuirGOcqYsq6heJC-gX0gxPAJ6XIYi-xs5tMCz3uqIocb2

And one of the few if not only on set color photos I've seen....

tony-moran-halloween-1978-BNPTRD.jpg

^Hmmm...that one looks blue to me.

Last edited:
See now I am torn.

I really like the stylized SS headsculpt . I know that makes me the outlier.

So far , the quality issue is the real decider.

Good thing there seems to be a ton of TOT figures around.

As far as I heard TOTs will make these as long as there is demand. That being said I would assume there would have be a minimum run at the factory to make it feesable. The TOTs being out there also means the SS should be around around for a while as well so lots of time to decide. Win win for collectors. I personaly prefer the TOTS sculpt but the SS looks cool as well. Decades of no good official '78 in 1/6 and now 2 solid options. Who would have thunk it?

the coveralls can be tricky because of different lighting and colour timing in the movies but it has been confirmed over on michaelmyers.net exactly what type of knife boots mask and coveralls were used in part 1 100 percent. the knife people thought was a lamson for so long but it has been confirmed to be a case & sons, the coveralls are also a green/grey colour mostly green but it has all been confirmed over there. they have every little detail for the movie down to a tee, they even have an interview with the guy that owns the original 78 mask today. the coveralls might have had seemed blue sometimes but they are confirmed green coveralls.jpgcoveralls 2.jpgcoveralls3.jpg

Looking forward to the accessory pack. Already have a body and boots ready for a Ghost Bob...

the coveralls can be tricky because of different lighting and colour timing in the movies but it has been confirmed over on michaelmyers.net exactly what type of knife boots mask and coveralls were used in part 1 100 percent. the knife people thought was a lamson for so long but it has been confirmed to be a case & sons, the coveralls are also a green/grey colour mostly green but it has all been confirmed over there. they have every little detail for the movie down to a tee, they even have an interview with the guy that owns the original 78 mask today. the coveralls might have had seemed blue sometimes but they are confirmed green View attachment 508915View attachment 508916View attachment 508917

What is hysterical about lol this debate is to me it doesn?t matter at all what color they were in real life, only what they appear to be on the screen. Which is clearly blue.

Which is why ever single figure , drawing and statue makes them blue.

Same with Hans coat, Aliens color, Smiths suit....

Why would you want a collectable that shows the true color of the props which was never seen in the films?

I dunno, for me the are representations of what it looks like in the films. If I wanted accurate portrayals of the real life stuff, then I want zippers on all monster suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

What is hysterical about lol this debate is to me it doesn?t matter at all what color they were in real life, only what they appear to be on the screen. Which is clearly blue.

Which is why ever single figure , drawing and statue makes them blue.

Same with Hans coat, Aliens color, Smiths suit....

Why would you want a collectable that shows the true color of the props which was never seen in the films?

I dunno, for me the are representations of what it looks like in the films. If I wanted accurate portrayals of the real life stuff, then I want zippers on all monster suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

Well said. And as someone who actually saw Halloween in 1978, I can say that I specifically remember Michael wearing blue coveralls, not green.

The thing to keep in mind, is that as collectors, we all have unique perspectives on what we want out of the collectibles we buy, and there is no such thing as a unanimous perspective.

How many '78 Myers headsculpts are out there? Each one has found an audience that thinks it's THE definitive sculpt and that all others pale to it. For me, the ToTS headsculpt captures Myers as I think of him best of all, but I know others think the Madbug is better, etc., and I don't care, I'm just excited that I found something that works for me.

The coveralls are nothing different. Some collectors want their Myers figure to remind them of what they saw on screen, and they'll be happy with more blue tinted coveralls. Other collectors want their figure to as close to an exact replica as possible, which means having things be the colors of the actual props versus how those colors were translated through the camera and movie lighting.

At the end of the day, we each want different things and what's great about ToTS is that they recognized that and are offering two options so that collectors can tailor their figure to their wishes. While Sideshow is offering a majority of the same additional accessories, this one in particular sets ToTS apart and makes their add on have more value.

That said, I do think it silly to argue with people about what color it should be or be mean to someone for accepting something that may not be your perspective. Unfortunately at times it seems like some people feel so strongly about their perspective that they talk down to those who accept anything else. If you know and care about the true coverall color, great, best of luck finding a figure or accessory for your figure that meets your needs, but it's no reason to be down on people who are content with something else, and it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Well said. And as someone who actually saw Halloween in 1978, I can say that I specifically remember Michael wearing blue coveralls, not green.

Nice! I was too young to see it in the theater and had to wait until the TV premiere in '81 after begging my parents to let me watch it. Scared the crap out of me. Good times!

As for the 2018 figure, I'm pretty much only interested in the head, hands and possibly the boots (I've already got the coveralls and knife set from Tinela). Is anyone interested in buying the rest from me at cost? Let me know.

Dammit! Why must first photos ALWAYS either be terrible lighting or hidden in the box!?! I know you're just the re poster, I'm not getting down on you. Just saying..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sheesh, I know someone who?s gonna have a field day with that shot of the mask. Personally, I?m not worried. Yet. Like the last post mentioned, that?s an in package, over-lit shot probably from a phone. It looks like there?s some fisheye going on with the mask, or at least I hope there is because at the moment it looks a bit too long. Hopefully we get a better idea of the final product tomorrow.

the coveralls can be tricky because of different lighting and colour timing in the movies but it has been confirmed over on michaelmyers.net exactly what type of knife boots mask and coveralls were used in part 1 100 percent. the knife people thought was a lamson for so long but it has been confirmed to be a case & sons, the coveralls are also a green/grey colour mostly green but it has all been confirmed over there. they have every little detail for the movie down to a tee, they even have an interview with the guy that owns the original 78 mask today. the coveralls might have had seemed blue sometimes but they are confirmed green View attachment 508915View attachment 508916View attachment 508917

I watch the Cundey supervised version and prefer blue for the screen look but yes from what I've read the actual colour is green. TOTS offering green in the accessory set really shows they know their stuff and the Myers fan base.

Back