Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool seeing your guy's comments. I actually got to work on a few of these items so finally seeing it come to fruition is exciting!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

That is great! This makes it easy to bypass SS's version altogether.
I hope the sleeves are longer and the hands are an improvement.

So how close to the SS price is it now.....
After the double dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the double dip.

Less. I believe sideshow was $235. Regular '78 Myers from TOTS was $120, plus this set which is $90.... total of only $210.

After the double dip.

Here's a comparison.

SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - $235

michael-myers-deluxe_halloween_gallery_5f7f502bdaf65.jpg

One (1) Mask head sculpt based on the mask from the original Halloween (1978)
One (1) Head sculpt with non-removable glasses and fabric sheet
One (1) Fabric coveralls
One (1) Fabric undershirt
Eight (8) hands including:
One (1) pair of boots
One (1) clean knife
One (1) bloody knife
One (1) Light-up Jack-O-Lantern
One (1) ?Judith Myers? Headstone
One (1) Telephone with Cord

TRICK OR TREAT STUDIOS - $210

halloween78-myersfigure.png

halloween78-myersfigure-accessories.png

Ewdj4WaWYAQbgWz

Two (2) Fabric coveralls
Two (2) Fabric undershirt
Nine (9) hands
One (1) pair of boots
One (1) clean knife

Aside from quantity of items, which ToTS will ultimately include more, ToTS has a much more accurate pumpkin, better scaled tombstone and a complete phone instead of just a cord and receiver.

So for $25 less, you get a better overall package, ToTS seems pretty no brainer at this point, and having recently received my Sideshow Ghost Face, the Sideshow bodies are still flimsy crap.

The only things Sideshow offers that ToTS doesn't is a stand and a bloody knife. The stand is generic and you could get one off eBay and still be less than the Sideshow figure, and a bloody knife, which is silly because one of the trademarks of the original Halloween is not seeing blood with any of the kills.

Here's a comparison.

SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES - $235

michael-myers-deluxe_halloween_gallery_5f7f502bdaf65.jpg

One (1) Fabric coveralls
One (1) Fabric undershirt
Eight (8) hands including:
One (1) pair of boots
One (1) clean knife
One (1) bloody knife

TRICK OR TREAT STUDIOS - $210

halloween78-myersfigure.png

halloween78-myersfigure-accessories.png

Ewdj4WaWYAQbgWz

Two (2) Fabric coveralls
Two (2) Fabric undershirt
Nine (9) hands
One (1) pair of boots
One (1) clean knife

Aside from quantity of items, which ToTS will ultimately include more, ToTS has a much more accurate pumpkin, better scaled tombstone and a complete phone instead of just a cord and receiver.

So for $25 less, you get a better overall package, ToTS seems pretty no brainer at this point, and having recently received my Sideshow Ghost Face, the Sideshow bodies are still flimsy crap.

The only things Sideshow offers that ToTS doesn't is a stand and a bloody knife. The stand is generic and you could get one off eBay and still be less than the Sideshow figure, and a bloody knife, which is silly because one of the trademarks of the original Halloween is not seeing blood with any of the kills.
Good comparison!

Yeah the phone was one of the items I got to make along with Bob's glasses. Never understood why sideshow decided on just a receiver and cord, and the inaccuracies of the pumpkin and tombstone are just bizarre.

Oh and another detail... unless they've changed it since we were working on the prototype, the sheet actually has a head sculpt blank inside so that it forms nicely and drapes well. It's not just a sheet to toss over the head sculpt that comes with the original figure.

Correct, the post from ToTS said the sheet is attached to a head.

I can sort of understand why Sideshow took a shortcut with the phone, on a shelf, depending on the display, it would probably look fine and make the point, but ToTS including the full phone just adds value to their accessories.

I’m excited about the hands, so far, the paint applications have matched from prototype to production, so if that holds, the new hands will look fantastic.

I know people probably see the ToTS pack and think $90 is high, but I’ve seen coverall and pumpkin custom runs and those pieces alone could run you that much, add everything else in the pack and I think it’s a real bargain.

Where'd you find the price, Maul? Any word on tentative release dates?
It's listed in the announcement on Instagram. The preorder should be opening pretty soon but I don't know the exact shipping date though.

The announcement said look for more info in the coming month, not sure how long after preorder it will be to get it in hand, hopefully by October.

Back