Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm iffy on 4 and 5... Might get them if they ever come down to around what I paid for the 78 (a little over $100 after Nightmare Toys' coupon). I don't see why they cost so much more.

And why would they skip over a Warlock HII Myers?! The best Myers sequel and the 2nd best mask/look for the character.

I'm iffy on 4 and 5... Might get them if they ever come down to around what I paid for the 78 (a little over $100 after Nightmare Toys' coupon). I don't see why they cost so much more.

And why would they skip over a Warlock HII Myers?! The best Myers sequel and the 2nd best mask/look for the character.

I think they started with 1,4,5 because they are under the same studio for licencing. Several years ago, Anchor Bay had a box set with only those 3 movies and a documentary. I believe Universal is the licensor for H2,3 and 40 so with the H40 coming, H2 likely won't be too far behind. As for the increase in price for 4 and 5, it could be they found making a figure for $120 was not realistic, or 4 and 5 are being produced in smaller quantities as the demand isn't as high as '78.

The 78 Myers is definitely a great figure!

Diorama made by me!

Bri[emoji316] IMG-20201103-WA0037-01.jpg20201106_220347-01.jpg20201111_111201-01.jpg20201108_143544-01.jpgIMG-20201103-WA0027-01.jpgIMG-20201103-WA0025-01.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Based on the pricing inconsistency, I believe there are 2 factors at play. The first being, the original '78 did so well, they wanted to mark up a little more, which explains the price difference between the regular and Samhain editions.

The second factor, which I think is the bigger, is the studio rights. While Trancas International is the primary stakeholder, the movies fall under a variety of studios. Halloween '78 is one, H2 and 2018 are Universal, H4 and H5 are another, and H6-Resurrection were Dimension releases. I believe this is why 2018 is the most expensive so far, and if H2 is priced the same, I think that would confirm my suspicion. I'm sure of all the studios, Universal being as big as they are, are the most expensive to work with.

BuGz, those are wonderful! I especially like the clothesline one for some reason. Very clever use of "simple" objects.

Thanks guys!!

Really appreciate it!![emoji38][emoji2937][emoji316]

Very nice pics Bugz. Ingenious idea using cardboard as the simulated wood siding. Love it. I think I'm going to collect this series, since they're officially licensed pieces and are staying faithful to the movies with the box art using the posters. Like many, I had allot of reserves on H4 and H5 when it came to the masks used in those movies. So making film versions on a 1/6 figure would carry its own criticisms, if for no reason other than just being faithful to the look.

But strangely I find myself charmed by both H4 and H5 figures in a way the films NEVER achieved. I guess it never seemed conceivable there would come a day when there would be 1/6th scale product for these misfits, yet here we are. Can Clooney Batman be far behind? But I digress... I guess what it comes down to (for me) is regardless of perceived value, these films have found their place in traditional, seasonal viewing for many Halloween fans, so they're part of that annual celebration.

I agree there is likely a smaller run on the H4 and H5 figures for all the reasons mentioned. But I also think, because it does have its diehard followers, what gets produced will likely get bought up. So if you're on the fence, I would probably plunk down the purchase because I doubt these will find their way into a online discount bin. It looks like a very unique and nicely made series and I can't wait to see the Halloween 2 Warlock figure. For the asking price, I think it's an easy investment to make given what these will go for once they go off market.

Very nice pics Bugz. Ingenious idea using cardboard as the simulated wood siding. Love it. I think I'm going to collect this series, since they're officially licensed pieces and are staying faithful to the movies with the box art using the posters. Like many, I had allot of reserves on H4 and H5 when it came to the masks used in those movies. So making film versions on a 1/6 figure would carry its own criticisms, if for no reason other than just being faithful to the look.

But strangely I find myself charmed by both H4 and H5 figures in a way the films NEVER achieved. I guess it never seemed conceivable there would come a day when there would be 1/6th scale product for these misfits, yet here we are. Can Clooney Batman be far behind? But I digress... I guess what it comes down to (for me) is regardless of perceived value, these films have found their place in traditional, seasonal viewing for many Halloween fans, so they're part of that annual celebration.

I agree there is likely a smaller run on the H4 and H5 figures for all the reasons mentioned. But I also think, because it does have its diehard followers, what gets produced will likely get bought up. So if you're on the fence, I would probably plunk down the purchase because I doubt these will find their way into a online discount bin. It looks like a very unique and nicely made series and I can't wait to see the Halloween 2 Warlock figure. For the asking price, I think it's an easy investment to make given what these will go for once they go off market.

The sequel figures aren't for me but it's great TOTs is committed to the line for fans of those films(Sideshow and Three Zero seem to be a one and done). A Michael timeline shelf with all the versions displayed in front of their classic poster boxes would be dope.

Thank you!! Really appreciate it!![emoji316]

For the price the H78 figure is a great piece, I picked up a second to try my hand at a repaint and re-hair. Not perfect by any means but threw together a closet diorama for him and quite pleased with how it turned out. Great piece for any first timers for customizing their figures.

20210207_204246.jpg 20210207_204414.jpg

I?m not gaga over the latest figures but I never intended to get them, even at reasonable price I never liked the 4 or 5 masks, I?d probably even debate getting NECA figures of those versions at $25 each. I have 2018 on order and can?t wait and I?m eager to see the lineup expand.
Same. Im glad they're making them but they're skippers. Im looking forward to the eventual Kills & Ends Myers. Im digging by what ever seen of the mask thus far in Kills.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I know they wouldn't do it, but based so far on only knowing the mask differs in Kills, I'd almost rather they release an accessory pack with a Kills mask to supplement the 2018 figure. I'd have fun doing some photos with that mask, but I don't imagine anything will be different enough between a 2018 and a Kills figure to feel good spending another $200, since likely the jumpsuit will be identical, and 2018 already has the missing fingers hand. Again, without seeing the movie yet, I can't imagine accessories or things to really make the two stand apart.

Back