Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $150 for a painted and haired head for my custom. Paying $120 for licensed, mass produced figure (that I am going to leave mint in the box anyway) is a steal. I know the figure isn't perfect, but honestly: there's been far more complaining about this figure than there has been excitement. Darn shame.

The hands will be replaced for sure. Not crazy how tight the coveralls are at the waist. Even if I need to replace those and a touch here and there this will be worth it considering the price. Thia might be the best mask I've seen for my personal preferences.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The mask looks amazing and custom ones would run around $100 so even if you get this for nothing else, you’re not over paying.

I can finally use my Yunsil coveralls and Fergo knife to kitbash a great Myers. I have a Madbug head, too, but having to paint and hair it has deterred me from cobbling together a custom Myers.

You people bugging. The 78 sculpt is mabrys mask sculpt in 1/6 scale. Looks nothing like the mask in the film. Don't care about 4 or 6, but the 2018 is off as well.
The final product is going to be a fancy barbie doll lmao

You people bugging. The 78 sculpt is mabrys mask sculpt in 1/6 scale. Looks nothing like the mask in the film. Don't care about 4 or 6, but the 2018 is off as well.
The final product is going to be a fancy barbie doll lmao

It?s the called the castle stretch. The mask has different looks depending on the angle. Which would explain the many many different sculpts in the mask collecting community.

Honestly this whole thing reaks of a company biting off more than they can chew. A company with little if any 1/6 experience goes in with alot of eagerness and ambition; make alot of promises to fans to build up alot of excitement, but then realize quickly that they have no clue what they are doing or how to get thier prototype to market, and end up releasing a substandard product at premium prices that was far below the quality we were promised.

Love how people are writing these guys off before anything has shipped or fallen behind schedule, and falling behind schedule will not come as surprise with all the corona business.

Love how people are writing these guys off before anything has shipped or fallen behind schedule, and falling behind schedule will not come as surprise with all the corona business.

To be fair, TOTS has a terrible reputation on advertising one thing and producing another with varying quality.

I?m 100% expecting to having to buy a different body and maybe a different mechanic jumpsuit ( probably will since it?s not movie accurate). As long as the sculpt is good, the rest is easily fixable.

Body swaps seem to be a necessary evil these days. I still get 'high-end' $200+ figures with floppy joints. I'll adjust my expectations for a newcomer to 1/6 figures selling at half that price accordingly.

I saw that, and now TOTS is selling the ornaments as mini busts.

That was their plan all along. Ornaments, busts, and even figures. Like NECA, or any other company, re-using sculpts for as wide a variety of product as possible. Some can easily shuck out the dough for the sculpt to be used on a 1/6 figure series. others can't. Some people celebrate Christmas, and add monster ornaments for whatever reason. Others don't. Then there's those who want the sculpt, but don't want either of the aforementioned offerings, nor have any interest in masks. Yet may/will jump on the affordable mini busts. I think they are trying to see which avenue brings in the best sales. My guess is the mini busts. Small, displayable, not holiday-centric, and don't take as much space as masks or figures.

Not sure if this article/interview has been posted yet, but it's worth a read. (I or someone else may have already posted it)

https://universalmonstersuniverse.c...ves-monsters-as-much-as-any-monster-kid-does/

Are these ornaments or just small busts. BBTS has them without the metal loop at the top of the heads. I'm kinda digging these but will have to see what they look like in hand. I've gotten screwed by the with the whole bait and switch scam they run.

To be fair, TOTS has a terrible reputation on advertising one thing and producing another with varying quality.

I?m 100% expecting to having to buy a different body and maybe a different mechanic jumpsuit ( probably will since it?s not movie accurate). As long as the sculpt is good, the rest is easily fixable.

Uh, well we can already tell the hands they've selected are horrible quality. I dislike being wasteful and having to buy a new body but it looks like we may have to with these. So long as the mask, knife, and coveralls look good on him, no complaints. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised and they'll give us a decent body with more natural looking hands

Are these ornaments or just small busts. BBTS has them without the metal loop at the top of the heads. I'm kinda digging these but will have to see what they look like in hand. I've gotten screwed by the with the whole bait and switch scam they run.

Same sculpt, 2 offerings. The head loop are the ornaments. The mini busts are up for pre-order in a separate section. The ornaments are great, I had them, but now that the busts are confirmed, I prefer those, and sold the ornaments off. Great quality, esp for 20 clams.

I don't like the bases on those busts at all. I'll stick with 'em as ornaments.

https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bust

See, that's how I know they are being smart about this. I myself like the generic one size fits all base. Offers uniformity. You don't...so you go with the ornaments. Then there are folks who won't want either, but will dig them as figures. Then there are those who will buy them in all three formats. It's clever in my opinion.

Back