Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is accurate to the movie though. The black out of the eyes is just camera trickery.
Yeah, but it still looks weird. Accurate doesn?t always make for the best look in my opinion. It would be nice getting an alternate sculpt or swap out eyes or something.

I kinda forgot how goofy the look from The Revenge of Michael Myers is. The boiler suit on that one looks odd and it’s weird how the neck of the mask is exposed versus having a collar. I know it is screen accurate though.

Overall these look great imo. My biggest gripe is that they need to ditch the navy blue color on the '78 boiler suit. Other than that I'm in for the '78, pt 4 and pt 5. Hopefully Sideshow carries these.

The navy blue is a big WTF. I don't understand why companies continue to perpetuate the inaccuracy of them being blue.

The navy blue is a big WTF. I don't understand why companies continue to perpetuate the inaccuracy of them being blue.

I can only imagine that it’s directed by the license holder, not a choice by the companies, it’s consistent among licensed products and that can’t be coincidence. The 4 and 5 jumpsuits look pretty close to those movies so I can only imagine 1 looks like it does because it has to.

95% of the world thinks the original coveralls are blue due to the lighting in the film, they're going for the screen look not onset costume accuracy.

I can only imagine that it’s directed by the license holder, not a choice by the companies, it’s consistent among licensed products and that can’t be coincidence. The 4 and 5 jumpsuits look pretty close to those movies so I can only imagine 1 looks like it does because it has to.

PCS managed to get it right with their 1/3 statue.

95% of the world thinks the original coveralls are blue due to the lighting in the film, they're going for the screen look not onset costume accuracy.

:exactly:

Who cares. Besides, all the dummies that commented on the PCS piece "the coveralls should be blue" when they were wrong. People will nitpick about everything. For $120, you can customize all you want. I hope they put money into the paint and sculpt and so far these are great. Coveralls can be dyed with RIT but I won't touch mine when these come out. Leave him factory fresh as long as the paint is good :clap

For me, what matters most is the mask and I’m in awe of this ‘78, prior to this, the only ‘78 that I really liked in any scale outside of 1:1 was the old McFarlane figure, which isn’t perfect. I’ve watched the man customs come and go over the years, and never found. One where I felt like yes, that’s the one I dream of, so between that feeling and cost, I never pulled the trigger, and quality coveralls were never available when I could afford them. I LOVE this ‘78 sculpts, it’s exactly what I’ve wished for since seeking a 1/6 Myers. I understand the coloration of the coveralls may be wrong and so respect the fans who know it and wish it were right.

I’m adding this guy to this group, at this point, I’m surrounded by blue Myers other than Rob Zombie.

C5A33363-C6D2-4B20-A89C-0FCD540E28D3.jpeg

And as far as the eyes go you wont see them when he's on your shelf. Natural shadow hides them unless he's under bright light.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

These are light years ahead of what Sideshow offered 17(?) years ago. That was an embarrassment, even at the time.

Ironically these get announced just as I finally finish my first Myers custom figure:slap:lol
But I’m definitely still in for 78, 18, and possibly part 5.

These are light years ahead of what Sideshow offered 17(?) years ago. That was an embarrassment, even at the time.

I?d really like to know if Sideshow was aiming to look like the ?78 and failed badly or if they went generic on purpose because theirs looks nothing like any version of Myers.

Most focus is on the ?78 here, and rightly so, but I?m equally loving the 2018 and excited for that one too. Aside from those, an H20 with Winston mask is the only other one I?m really interested in. I know that mask takes a lot of heat, but a figure could probably replicate the mask without the skin tight to the actor effect so you get the mask without the practical issues in the film.

I?d really like to know if Sideshow was aiming to look like the ?78 and failed badly or if they went generic on purpose because theirs looks nothing like any version of Myers.

Most focus is on the ?78 here, and rightly so, but I?m equally loving the 2018 and excited for that one too. Aside from those, an H20 with Winston mask is the only other one I?m really interested in. I know that mask takes a lot of heat, but a figure could probably replicate the mask without the skin tight to the actor effect so you get the mask without the practical issues in the film.

I think they all look great, but I?m only choosing one and that one happens to be from one of my favorite movies. Seeing as how life is going to change for me real soon here, collecting is going to be put on hold for a while and the 78 being at the really affordable price that it is, can?t help but to feel that it?s fate for me lol. I?m really hoping the final product will match prototype as trick or treat studios does has a history of false advertising.

I think they all look great.

As far as representing their respective films, I agree, all of them so far have turned out really good. For me it's about what I liked in the film. I love the Halloween franchise, but some appearances haven't work for me. I'm not a fan of the H4 mask, with H5, I don't like the mask, I don't like how they abandoned the collar around the mask look, just nothing appealing about it for me. I like the H6 mask, but not enough to invest in a figure of it. H20 strived to be like the Shatner and there's something about it I like. Resurrection looks better than 4 or 5 to me but don't like it enough for a figure. If done well, I might be interest in a Rob Zombie Myers from the first film, nothing from his H2. I love the 2018 mask.

As far as representing their respective films, I agree, all of them so far have turned out really good. For me it's about what I liked in the film. I love the Halloween franchise, but some appearances haven't work for me. I'm not a fan of the H4 mask, with H5, I don't like the mask, I don't like how they abandoned the collar around the mask look, just nothing appealing about it for me. I like the H6 mask, but not enough to invest in a figure of it. H20 strived to be like the Shatner and there's something about it I like. Resurrection looks better than 4 or 5 to me but don't like it enough for a figure. If done well, I might be interest in a Rob Zombie Myers from the first film, nothing from his H2. I love the 2018 mask.

I?m 100% on you with part 5 masks. It?s the worst of all the movies and I blame Greg Nicotero for wanting the mask to look like him.

I think my biggest problem is that I like consistency. Halloween 5 picks up with Michael passing out at the end of 4's events, wakes up, puts his mask back on and continues. For him to have a new outfit and a new mask just feels absurd. I can live with a new stunt guy and body proportions looking off, but for the most part, he should have looked like part 4, and at least Halloween 6 looks sort of along the lines of an aged progression from 4, or at the very least could be new things obtained in the gap of time.

I think my biggest problem is that I like consistency. Halloween 5 picks up with Michael passing out at the end of 4's events, wakes up, puts his mask back on and continues. For him to have a new outfit and a new mask just feels absurd. I can live with a new stunt guy and body proportions looking off, but for the most part, he should have looked like part 4, and at least Halloween 6 looks sort of along the lines of an aged progression from 4, or at the very least could be new things obtained in the gap of time.

I hear you on that. But honestly I’m tempted by the H5 since it’s such a unique version.

I wonder how heavy on accessories these will be, would be nice if each came with pumpkins from their respective films, 5 should come with a scythe from the farm.

Back