Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics
f325c0b19db2d3f8ad6d57fd3a281d56.jpg
cd91716a0377b6c5a0715928167def93.jpg
7b83cdda91a36ba8252e18f131436928.jpg
e28f218e329652139652709eb6bcc30c.jpg
03a73beb383bfcb17ec7c22d75491d9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Needs a repaint from that pic....

Doesnt sound like he's too thrilled.. I'm gonna remain optimistic in Hope's that someone will rework him a little and make it look better. I knew the hands were gonna be weird and shiny, so I already planned to put a lil dulcote on them. It looks like I'll have to do the same for the shiny neck area too. Coveralls seem fine in photo and on video. Was thinking of blacking out the eyes and maybe doing some light brushes to bring out facial features a bit more. I'm not that experienced of a painter or customizer, but I wont feel too bad f'ing up a $100 figure. I never even realized that he didnt come with a stand! After this whole ordeal, I'm now thinking that I'll probably either wait and see how the 2018 version looks in hand or just stay away from ToTs all together. I know I'm talking a lot of trash without even having it in hand yet, but MAN, I guess we should have known what we were getting with such a low price. I feel sick, but hopeful.. I wanna love it..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It?s what was expected to me for the price.

The previously too tight suit now looks too baggy, but that?s easier to fix.

The sculpt is the best production sculpt we have seen, which is not saying much, still overall it?s pretty good.

The hair is still way to poofed on the top, and the hands and knife are just sad.

Again for the price it?s a decent effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only real negative I see from that video review is the busted body part, that's no good, but the other issues raised, those things have been evident since the figure went up for order.

I know some people had hopes for improvements in production, but when I see the good pics and videos, this looks exactly like what I paid for, better actually. I only hoped to get what I saw on display, but it seems like there may be some collectors who hope for something beyond the previews and I don't really understand why. With Hot Toys or someone established, I could maybe understand that, but for a first effort by a company new to the product type, this came out as sold, can't be too let down.

^ Pretty much. And it actually looks pretty solid under the right lighting as a stock figure i.e Cain's video. It almost looked like someone was trying to make it look as bad as possible in those first pictures. Super close to the sculpt in the harshest lighting possible with a goofy pose.lol. It'll need work but thats why I'm paying $120 or whatever. I knew that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I was in this more for the headsculpt than the coveralls, but now I think it’s the opposite. Still undecided. Maybe I’ll wait and see if it goes on sale.

If this was the only option then I'd certainly grab one and invest the time and money in getting it up to scratch (which for me would mean repainting the head and replacing everything else other than the coveralls), but with other options on the horizon I'll be holding on to my money for now, though I might grab the sculpt if I see it parted anywhere for a reasonable price.

I have spare hands laying around, only problem is I don?t have a knife wielding hand. I?m also going to look for black T-shirts. That sweater looking thing won?t cut it.

So what body do you guys suggest

I have to agree with what a lot of people are saying here.
This looks pretty much exactly like the preview, or even slightly better - some of these photos seem to be composed in the worst possible way to display this figure, massively overexposing the face with harsh bright light, strange angles and uncomfortably close shots.
Cain's video and some of the better photos on here have me feeling a lot more confident in this piece, in fact the nightmare photos that are being shared seem to be some pretty bad screenshots from Kevin Say's video, suggesting that the bad images share a single source, whereas the better looking images come from a couple of different sources (and therefore are a touch more reliable).
Ultimately, for the price point, this looks like a pretty decent figure of Michael Myers in 1/6 scale (and some of the pictures make this look like a GREAT Michael Myers for the price point) ultimately considering the ultimate 1/6 Michael Myers' can easily cost you hundreds upon hundreds or even thousands of $/? we neeed to consider these things in perspective.
So, until a lot more photos and videos come in people should reserve their impulse panicking.

Back