Statue Triceratops Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the worst is how much the repaint of the Apatosaurus costs. I wish I could get the original version because it was so much less than this new one.

I'm Actually tempted to just hunt down the old versions of them. At least then I know I won't be getting a poorly painted piece.

I'm Actually tempted to just hunt down the old versions of them. At least then I know I won't be getting a poorly painted piece.

Really? I feel the newer versions seem to generally have superior paint applications, and I've seen more than the average collector.

I know everyone has complained about the new Carno's paint. That thing looks like they just did a few random sprays and called it a day.

im not exactly sure what you guys are complaining about the apatosaurus cost 50 less then the repaint originally and the prices for all of them didnt jump drastically or even double... as far as paint goes from the triceratops I have it fits in and looks about the same as the 4 original dino status that I have. DSC_1145.jpg
DSC_1146.jpg

I think old ver. is natural scheme and bit more exotic for repaint ver. Some better some worse depend on viewer.

However I can say repaint Carnotaurus is not good. But I like Stegosaurus and Spinosaurus repaint.

I too am in the "mine looks good" camp. Sorry to hear you had so many issues with yours Tux. If I was in your position I'd consider sending it back although I know (think?) your not in the US so that has some large extra costs. :(

Really? I feel the newer versions seem to generally have superior paint applications, and I've seen more than the average collector.

I agree imo the original Apatosaurus wasn't great the Papo version is as good for the price difference

Well my Triceratops will arrive soon, I hope my experience wil be different I'll let you know

The production pieces of the older ones probably look more spot on because they have relatively simple color schemes compared to the re-releases.

Thats open to debate i doubt we'll ever know their true colours, if zebras, giraffes and tigers existed then rather than now and we had no evidence of their colours, how many would be painted in their true colours today? probably none

I wasn't talking about the "true" colors of the dinosaurs, I meant the color between the prototypes in the stock photos and the production pieces.

As I have all the original statues, I can safely say that the ones with simple color schemes (i.e. the T. rex vs. Trike statue, Krentz T. rex) are almost as good as the ones in the stock photos, if not as good.

I see my mistake,my apologies. I bought the first jurassic to one and sold it on as I wasn't that impressed and to be honest haven't been that impressed since till the stegosaurus came along, not the sculpts but the paint jobs.Too plain and uninteresting. The proceratops fight is only one in the that picture that looks good, the rest look really dull,just my opinion of course. I think SS could have used more artistic licence without them looking silly like that horrid red Triceratops, they aren't difficult to replicate, with such limited editions I'd expect better

Last edited:
I kind of forgot to inspect this and finally got around to it tonight. Quite the bummer. I've got the horn warp and paint chips on the same horn that seem to have been caused by the warping. I think I may be a little bit over the 30 days. I hope Sideshow can help me out with this.

Oh dear that's not good, expecting mine Monday or Tuesday, a bit nervous now. What's going on with ss? Are their standards dropping? Poor paint jobs and now things like this

What a coincidence. Exactly right horn from my statue had the same problem:mad:! I managed to fix the horn with a hairdryer. But the remaining portion of the horn without paint. The biggest problem is the fact that do not match the holes when I entered the Triceratops into the base. When I pressed to enter the front foot in the hole, his rear leg rising from the hole :( **** quality. I paid $ 450 to get to Romania. There was no discussion to return the statue to Sideshow because I should support the expensive transport.:(

PS: They made a discount of $ 50 for Ceratosaurus:(

Back