Statue Triceratops Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful display, i do think its bad your getting poor quality control on such limited peices, i've contacted sideshow about it, i await their reply.I hope my Tric will be ok? imo the best they've produced.

Yeah, I'm going to send them a response to see if I can just get a refund then. It's disappointing as I really like the statue, but I don't have the skills to fix the paint to my liking.

Yeah, I'm going to send them a response to see if I can just get a refund then. It's disappointing as I really like the statue, but I don't have the skills to fix the paint to my liking.

I think $30 Is an insult I'd tell to replace or have it back for a refund, the problem with being so limited is they can't often be replaced, shame on sideshow's lack of quality control, I guess I've been lucky but im in the UK so there's even less models so just as well.

Here's some pics of mine, The bottom pic is a custom made base i made as the only way i can fit it in the cabinet is with the head facing away because the horns pretrude about 5 inches beyond the base so have made another base.
I also noticed the 2 holes for the loose rocks or the baby tric must have been an after thought by sideshow. If you have the baby version you can either see the main part of the adult (the head) and little of the baby or the baby and none of the adult head.Either way is not the ideal way to display the model so sideshow either ill thought it out or more likely an after thought, lets make a baby one and another 500 pieces $$$$$$$ with little thought to anything else.The other thing that leads me to think the baby was an after thought is when I first saw it I thought how wonderful HE was not she and still think it looks more like a big male protecting the herd
. They would have been better to have done a more female one with a calf which we would have all snapped up rather than trying to.make this into a female and then adding the baby which imho looks out of place.
033.jpg
032.jpg
034.jpg
035.jpg
038.jpg

Just checked out this thread, and congrats for receiving a statue with no particular issues~!

And great pics, btw.

Unfortunately, the number of fans of this line is extremely limited, hence the slow to almost no reaction.

Thought it was more popular but obviously not. Anyway mine on its new base so it faces the right way
006.jpg

Just checked out this thread, and congrats for receiving a statue with no particular issues~!

And great pics, btw.

Unfortunately, the number of fans of this line is extremely limited, hence the slow to almost no reaction.

Non existing it seems

There were plenty of comments it's as though everyone has come and gone or the interest has gone, I think people prefer accurate models over JP ones

Interest is still around but since the piece has been out for a couple months now the daily postings (and checking for new posts) has wained a little. I know it has for me at least. Plus there is that pesky work thing...... stupid work thing. :gah:

Well, dinosauria line is always not a hot line like Marvel, DC Comic...but the line still makes money. Maybe not many people know this forum...they just buy it without sharing with us here and that's why we have few members here.
The new dinosaurs Mosasurus, Triceratops are sold out, so I think this line is supposed to have many fans around the world.

I think 'JP' is just a title, dinosaur is still dinosaur...nothing would change, but the price will become higher if they make JP series...you need to spend more money than now to buy the same dinosaur titled with 'JP'. Jorge Blanco has his style in sculpting, I don't think he want to make a JP dinosaur statue without his own style and accuracy.

I love mine and seeing the t rex with this statue made me order it also. sadly I am running out of room so probably wont be able to get many more

Back