Triad Toys Updates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Eva yesterday. I'm in all kinds of love with it but as you say i leaves a lot to be desired.

Let me just say that sculpt and design way it is beautiful amazing and out of this world and I mean that.

It is still lightyears in front of HT's female which looks like the body of Snookie from Jersey Shore. It's boxy, stubby, can not look feminine no matter how hard you try.

The way the eva poses is second to none. The way the legs cross over in front of eachother, the body weight shift, the way the hips can sit on axis to the torso/shoulders captures a real sexiness that the HT female does not have and never could have.

Quality wise- It's bad. The plastic feels very brittle, soft and the chest swaps, which is freaking fantastic sculpt wise. leaves a huge unsightly gap at the seams of the neck.

Joints are loose? Well mine are really good to be honest, Knees are solid as hell same goes for wrists, feet and shoulders. Hips? Well if you push them all the way ito the pegs they are OK but they keep popping out. Something that I hate and wish they did not come off at all. .

I've had such horribly floppy female TT's this is a welcome change of pace in tightness of joints but overall plastic quality i twice as good on Hot Toys.

Hot toys heads will not swap whatsoever, i founds some random peg thing from a wrestling figure to get mine to swap.

Feet will NOT swap from HT. Hands WILL.

Color: WAY to orange

'm in the process of swapping Silk Spectre on it which is all kinds of better already. It took me the whole damn day to get it to work.

but a lot of that was the way the SS suit worked. I had to repaint her hips and chest not so orange. I had to shave her wrists to get them to slide into the latex suit make the knee joints a little smoother and more seamless and chop off the ankles and drill a hole for the HT pegs to fit into and try and sand down the ankles to mah the HT feet in width as best I could.

I may try swapping ANH Princess Leia too but she kind of is a stubbier build. so i might not

Hey guys i have those 12 inch metal gear solid figures they first released b4 medicom. Those bodys suck, what female body could i use to replace meral and silver fox? and of course snake and solid? Thanks for the help!!

So, what we see in this video is what has been released, correct? Listen to how he says these are early production pieces and the shipping units will have 'super sonic welding' for all the seams and the bodies will be painted. And the hands shown here didn't make it through either, right?

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1JKeFOagByc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1JKeFOagByc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

pretty much. i dont have a picture handy of what they look like in the packaging, but they come with 3 pairs of hands - pistols, fists, and open/relaxed. the bodies are slightly blushed. they dont show well in photos but you can definitely see it in person

lejuan dude you're starting to sound like a broken record. for someone who doesnt have any triad figures you sure seem to hate on them and continually hark on a product(s) you dont care to buy. whatever. to each his own man

i have a ton of figures from triad and they nice so just posting from my experience. i got a few of them and out of the 6 evos i have, only one had a slightly loose hip, which is easily fixed by widening the joint. the females dont have any problems. the torso is super tight but i prefer this over it being too loose

heres some shots i posted on the triad forum. the articulation is pretty nuts. the coolest part i think is their ability to change out limbs with their other figures

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4149/5001948684_d8d297fd81_b.jpg

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4105/5001949036_cb3b4bff6a_b.jpg

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/5001949632_64eaa00a39_b.jpg

jinroh -

This is what convinced me to order an Eva this morning. I love that you can change the legs and arms so easily. I think it will be even better when Triad starts to release other parts to go with the Eva/Evo.

Despite a couple of issues with the Alpha, I think it is one of the best (if not the best) femfig body out there. So I am hoping I will enjoy my Eva fig just as much when she gets here. Thanks for posting pics to show the possibilities for these figs.

I dont believe there are some pictures yet from Zorro. Here it is now. The price is 119 Dollar.
(EDIT 11:27: i found a whole threat about Zorro. If you dont mind i stil let the pics here...)
z13c.jpg

z11f.jpg

64309195.jpg

34965581.jpg

60062698.jpg

59526822.jpg

Last edited:
also.. the more i look at the eva and alpha pictures, The more i want to get one or the other and replace the bdy that Aayla secura came on.

those of you that have an EVA and an alpha. is the body the same resin-like material as the otaku body, or is it just regular plastic?

i need to look into dying the bodies. Paint will not do. i pose my stuff too much.

Well, just got my Evo and Eva from Triad.

I'm very pleased with the bodies. While the material does seem a bit brittle, the design itself is very nice and the posability is great.
Both look and feel wonderful in hand!

I rec'd my Eva today as well. Not able to open it just yet, but I can tell already that the plastic is not the best quality. Still, I'm looking forward to kitting it out tonight.

Sculpt is still revolutionary despite being 4 years old (Eva) But quality does suck yes.

Still tighter joints than the TT females. Just soft cheap feeling plastic and it's too orange looking to be natural.

I did not snap nude pics of Eva... plenty out there... but I will post pics in the next few days o how it helped my Silk Spectre out a lot.

also.. the more i look at the eva and alpha pictures, The more i want to get one or the other and replace the bdy that Aayla secura came on.

those of you that have an EVA and an alpha. is the body the same resin-like material as the otaku body, or is it just regular plastic?

i need to look into dying the bodies. Paint will not do. i pose my stuff too much.

I don't have an Eva yet, so I can't tell you exactly what the plastic used on her is like. Others have mentioned that it seems somewhat shiny and brittle feeling. The Alpha plastic is similar to the plastic on the male HT TT. So far, my Alphas have all been very sturdy and have had nice tight joints. They also have good articulation and pose really well (unlike the Otakus).

I do know that they did not use the same type of plastic they used on the Otakus for either the Alphas or Evas. The plastic on them is much lighter and a bit shinier than the plastic used on the Otakus and I really don't think you could dye it like you can with the Otakus.

If you are into customizing, you might consider putting Alpha legs on an Otaku torso. Someone over at the Triad forum put one together with a little drilling. That way you can dye the Otaku torso and arms (which are exposed on the Aayla Secura figure) and still have the better limb articulation of the Alphas and/or Evas. You can even put the original SS blue hands on the Otaku arms or try to dye the hands that come with the Otaku or Alpha.

It would be a bit of work, but I think the end result could be spectacular.

You transferred Silk Spectre over to it? Can't wait to see pics!!

I sure did it was so much work but well worth it. Getting the suit off was hard enough then I had to cut off eva at the ankles, drill holes to accept the boots, shave the wrists and paint the skin tone to match which turned out ok but I have to be careful not to scrape it too much by posing to ruin the finish

Either the small chest (most accurate to her chest, we have enough pictures on the internet to tell trust me) or medium works well... Hips look great.

Will get some pics up soon

I don't have an Eva yet, so I can't tell you exactly what the plastic used on her is like. Others have mentioned that it seems somewhat shiny and brittle feeling. The Alpha plastic is similar to the plastic on the male HT TT. So far, my Alphas have all been very sturdy and have had nice tight joints. They also have good articulation and pose really well (unlike the Otakus).

I do know that they did not use the same type of plastic they used on the Otakus for either the Alphas or Evas. The plastic on them is much lighter and a bit shinier than the plastic used on the Otakus and I really don't think you could dye it like you can with the Otakus.

If you are into customizing, you might consider putting Alpha legs on an Otaku torso. Someone over at the Triad forum put one together with a little drilling. That way you can dye the Otaku torso and arms (which are exposed on the Aayla Secura figure) and still have the better limb articulation of the Alphas and/or Evas. You can even put the original SS blue hands on the Otaku arms or try to dye the hands that come with the Otaku or Alpha.

It would be a bit of work, but I think the end result could be spectacular.

all plastic CAN be dyed, it's just easier with the otaku body.

the question is can it be dyed to the proper color.

all plastic CAN be dyed, it's just easier with the otaku body.

the question is can it be dyed to the proper color.

Actually, there are some non-porous plastics that cannot be dyed after production. However, most action figures are not made from these kinds of plastic and I'm sure neither the Alpha or Eva are either.

I guess I was just trying to say that because the Alpha and Evas are made of shinier and less porous plastic, dye probably would not work as well on them or look as even as it does on the Otakus. They also have a tan skin tone that would require a little more guess work when mixing the dye color. You can certainly get one and experiment.

In fact, that is probably the only way you are going to find out if you can dye either figure to the appropriate shade of blue. I would suggest getting an Alpha. Besides being less expensive than the Eva, the plastic on it seems to be less shiny and would probably accept the dye more evenly.

that's what I was leaning twords myself.. though I like the improved shoulders of the eva much more.

Worst case scenario, if I ruin it with a bad dye job, i can use her in my femme trooper, or my kunoichi

what kind of dye would you guys use? i was thinking of dyeing one for a sith. anyone tried it before? how about painting? does it not work and thats why you guys are suggesting dyeing?

the only problem with painting is that if you intend to pose the figure, at all, the paint will rub off of the joints as the plastic rubs.

With dying, that is not an issue.

as for what dye, I'd simply use RIT dye

Back