Triad Toys - Lone Wolf and Cub

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abouttreefitty

Super Freak
Reaction score
Are these figures ever going to come out? How long has it been since they were announced? 4 years?

img_1435.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

I was expecting something new since their site had been down for 2 or 3 months. It's back up with nothing new, and their forum appears to have been killed.

Fail! Triad always promises, but never delivers. I was super surprised when they finally released the Samurai Champloo figures (a year late I might add), but kicked us in the nuts with the promise of Fuu (the female character just in case somebody here isn't familiar with the series), but cut the line off.
They're too busy releasing SDCC exclusives of butch looking chicks with swords, that absolutely nobody even remotely cares about.
I have no idea why they would even hint at this series and not come through. It's not like nobody would buy it. They would sell out super quick.

I was expecting something new since their site had been down for 2 or 3 months. It's back up with nothing new, and their forum appears to have been killed.
--

The forum is finished/gone. No more interaction (if any) with their customers & fans other than through their Facebook page.

Are these figures ever going to come out? How long has it been since they were announced? 4 years?

Yeah it's been four years. I was excited when these figures were announced in 2009, but seeing how simplistic they look in that picture (in fact, they look pretty awful), I'd rather kit bash my out own Itto Ogami and Daigoro figures from spare parts on Ebay.

How is Triad even still in business?

I'm wondering the same thing. I bet that Triad just consists of a few workers in a make-shift garage somewhere. How do they manage to pay their employees a salary if they don't even release figures? :dunno

Weren't they supposed to have a Zatoichi in the works as well??
--

Nope.

The one you're referring to is/was a one off custom figure made by Louie Tran/customdawg from way back in the day. I remember seeing the figure @ the OSW.

AFAIK, Triad Toys never hinted, offered, solicited, or teased at a licensed Zatoichi character figure.

Back