Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's definitely micropainting, and Josh just posted an amazing example of it. :clap

Frakkin' gorgeous work, Josh. I love the stray hairs on her forehead. I really do need to pick something to have you paint, just so I can have a Small Studios piece in my collection.

Nathan I just had a chance to check out your Simon and Zoe and those are :rock Zoe espacially. The whole execution of that paint job is flawless. The combination of your paint and your photos make for a nice presentation. Great work on your recent updates. :hi5:

Thank you, Josh. That means a lot from another artist I admire as much as you. Yeah, my photogrpahy skills are improving. Just like painting, I'm learning a little each time. Plus I've recently invested in some better backdrops that are designed to allow the camera to capture the true color of the pieces.

Just finished up on Trev's River sculpt.

G1.png

S1.png

G2.png

G3.png

Wow amazing paint skills ! I'm floored you are extremely talented-congrats ! I am also very misinformed Trevor. So all of these are from your personal collection? Has SS ever considered licensing Firefly figures based on your work ? Is there any chance of me finding someone who would take commissions to put a few Firefly/Serenity figures together for me-I wish these were available somewhere ? :clap :gah:

Last edited:
Wow amazing paint skills ! I'm floored you are extremely talented-congrats ! I am also very misinformed Trevor. So all of these are from your personal collection? Has SS ever considered licensing Firefly figures based on your work ? Is there any chance of me finding someone who would take commissions to put a few Firefly/Serenity figures together for me-I wish these were available somewhere ? :clap :gah:

Thanks for the feedback. Trevor Grove is the sculptor. I painted this sculpt for a fellow member. In fact all the sculpts I post are for other members here on the board. There are alot of great people here who could help you with your custom Firefly crew. I would suggest looking back through the pages or contacting Trevor Grove via PM. If you can get ahold of a set Im sure I could set you up with a paint job at some point. :peace

Sir Onesixth, To commission some one to build the figures for you would be very expensive. The River sculpt that appears above is mine and I have invested $140.00 in just the head sculpt and paint apps. Putting the figures together once you have the painted sculpt is an easy task. I have built up all 9 crew members and I have no special talent. I have the recipes for all nine of the figures that I will gladly share with you. By doing it yourself you will get a great figure at a more reasonable price and the pride in doing it yourself. There are many members out there that have great items for sale to complete your figures any way you want them, for a truly one of a kind masterpiece.

Old Grandpa

Sir Onesixth, To commission some one to build the figures for you would be very expensive. The River sculpt that appears above is mine and I have invested $140.00 in just the head sculpt and paint apps. Putting the figures together once you have the painted sculpt is an easy task. I have built up all 9 crew members and I have no special talent. I have the recipes for all nine of the figures that I will gladly share with you. By doing it yourself you will get a great figure at a more reasonable price and the pride in doing it yourself. There are many members out there that have great items for sale to complete your figures any way you want them, for a truly one of a kind masterpiece.

Old Grandpa

Who you kidding OG, you got some mad bash skills and have the crew everyone else looks up to. Don't get me wrong, I love my crew and I've come along way from when I first started, buy yours is off the hook.

Thanks for the feedback. Trevor Grove is the sculptor. I painted this sculpt for a fellow member. In fact all the sculpts I post are for other members here on the board. There are alot of great people here who could help you with your custom Firefly crew. I would suggest looking back through the pages or contacting Trevor Grove via PM. If you can get ahold of a set Im sure I could set you up with a paint job at some point. :peace

Thanks for the great feedback small _studios I will do both ! I'm going to familiarize myself with the Firefly customs from other Freaks and contact Trevor. I'm not a basher, my figures all look the same way they did right out of the box (just futzing) so I'll be asking for lots of tips from everyone. And once I get a little educated I hope to commission you for painting ! Mal, Jayne and River are at the top of my list !

Old Grandpa

Thanks OG, my jaw is dropping at the Firefly customs i've seen here so far. They look like Hot toys and Sideshow caliber releases -even better.
I could see where paying for someone to do a complete figure like Mal , would be costly. Great talent and conviction from the members here here at SSF. Firefly is alive and well here . Huge Congrats on your River sculpt..it's sheer perfection ! :clap

Huge Congrats on your River sculpt..it's sheer perfection ! :clap

Wait to you see the bash I've prepared for that sculpt. I've had this idea ever since I saw the fantastic sculpt from Trev. Then after seeing the outstanding paint app by Josh, I'm even more anxious to complete this figure. I hope she comes close to the picture I have in my mind's eye. I'll be sure to post pics to get your opinions.

Old Grandpa

Zoe,

shirt-bruce lee 70's shirt, have vest and another shirt, but can't get the vest to fit right.
pants-phicen tomb raider
boots-toy anxiety modified to fit
stevo's rig
body-TTCuban

Sorry for the crappy photo, i try. :)

All and all, i'm very happy with her.

picture.php

Doing a great job on those figures Jon. Do you plan to do all 9? I don't remember if you told me or not. I love to see each persons take on the characters. I think your looks for Zoe and Jayne are terrific and original.

Old Grandpa

Hey OG, yep, Kaylee is done and just waiting for my Simon head to return. I keep going back and try to make improvements on them, but I'm really happy with how they are coming along. Seeing your crew has been a big inspiration to get mine together. To be honest, I never thought I would be able to do this. Many thanks to you, Anzik and BG for all the help and Trevor of course. Can't thank you guys enough.

001msjs.jpg

009ug.jpg

005ga.jpg

003hdi.jpg

Here's the River 2.0 with the bash I though about when I first saw this sculpt. After I saw Josh's paint job I was even surer this was what I wanted to do. It's sad that this project is coming to close. All that's left for me to do is Simon.

Old Grandpa

001msjs.jpg

009ug.jpg

005ga.jpg

003hdi.jpg

Here's the River 2.0 with the bash I though about when I first saw this sculpt. After I saw Josh's paint job I was even surer this was what I wanted to do. It's sad that this project is coming to close. All that's left for me to do is Simon.

Old Grandpa

That is so freaking cool. Now I am very tempted to try that one :slap

Back