Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Trevor is the man!

My Inara is in the hands of my best buddy in the world (Anzik) getting painted. I can't wait to see her.

I am thankful to Trevor for all his hard work and perfection, but also very much to Anzik for his stellar paint work and all his hard work on the outfits. You.da.man...too

Thanks cadaver and buffygirl!

shiveringmelody- I'm really looking forward to tackling River, and I'm sorry to hold you in suspense! :) Hopefully by spring of next year, perhaps sooner, we'll have a FULL crew for Serenity.

Trev

Yes, thank you very much Trev. This project has been loads of fun but take your time, since there's lots to do beforehand. As much as I look forward to replacing my current River head with your version, I'm in no hurry.
I'm trying to stay ahead of the curve, and get the bodies and outfits together before the heads arrive. I picked up latest black true type to use for Book but as my buddy Prog pointed out, its too buff. It will do since I won't spend the ridiculous ebay prices on the slim, so hopefully HT will make a new slim. I plan on using a Pro for Simon but still have no idea what body River should get. I need footwear for Inara, a vest and better shoes/feet for Wash, Book's shirt and a better River outfit.

I wish HT would make a black narrow shoulder standard true type. :( If/when SSC gets around to making the Stalker GI Joe figure it will likely be on the Prometheus 1.2 which is a pretty good figure, so that might be the next best option, but its a good year away. I may end up painting a True Type, as for Book you really only need to paint the neck and forearms.

PS How tall is Wash compared to Mal? Not sure which figure to use for Wash. I have a HT Slim on hold for Simon.

Last edited:

I'm using Prometheus bodies for Wash, and Simon since they are a little bit shorter than the TT.

According to google:

Sean Maher (Simon) 5'10"
Ron Glass (Book) 5'11"
Alan Tudyk (Wash) 5'11"
Nathan Fillion (Mal) 6'1"
Adam Baldwin (Jayne) 6'4"

I've been flopping like a fish on what bodies to use. Up until last weekend I was going to do old Bucks for the male figures until I just got fed up with the joints on my Jayne figure. I switched Mal over to the Narrow True Type. I need to decide whether to splurge and pay like $70 for one of the terminator HT figures for Jayne (if I can snag one) or go with the true type advance for much less money. An adjustment to the height may be necessary.

It looks like Book, Wash, Simon can probably use the same figure.

Here are the female heights:
Summer Glau (River) 5'5"
Jewel Staite (Kaylee) 5'5"
Morena Baccarin (Inara) 5'7"
Gina Torres (Zoe) 5'10"

Last edited:

I'm thinking that the upcoming HT Alice from RE as the body for River, but waiting for official pics. No idea about the outfit though.
thinking-020.gif

not exactly a lot of pictures yet. the one pic i see is from the rear and it looks no different than any other HT female.

And if the Alice body is the same height as a standard female truetype she will be in scale with my kaylee. I'm holding out for that one.

Eric, I would take those heights with a BIG grain of salt.
I'm going through pics and seeing how the actors measure up to one another, and I think they would go, tallest to shortest:
Jayne, Mal, Zoe, Book, Book, Wash, Simon, Inara, Kaylee and River.

the only difference is that you have Zoe slightly taller. I would say they are pretty close then. also with the photos, you got to take into account the perspective might be throwing it off.

In my group, my Jayne is way to short. hes the same height as Mal. the others aren't to bad.

firefly_cast.jpg

Here is a good image where Wash and Zoe are on pretty equal ground.

Yeah, but not a good picture if you are trying to find the hieght of Simon. He looks like a "wee little puppet man" in that picture! :lol :lol :lol

firefly_cast.jpg

Here is a good image where Wash and Zoe are on pretty equal ground.

Nice pic. That's pretty close to the look I'm going for with my Firefly crew. Protozaius is right, Simon looks REALLY small, and Mal looks super tall. I believe that Adam Baldwin is the tallest of the group, but doesn't look it in that photo.

Old Grandpa

for comparing Wash and Zoe thats a good photo though. "Simon puppet" :lol

Ron Glass looks big in that photo as well.

Yes, Ron Glass was no slouch, which is why I think a non slim TT will be just fine.

Back